• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I disagree. Element of surprise prevented a nasty fight that would have cost lives. The short clock showed them just a taste of what the world was like outside their little bubble. Rick also had no choice but to do it fast for two reasons. A deadline with the junkyard and deadlines with the saviors for providing goods. Time is against Rick in every respect. The irony, he's becoming more and more like Neegan.

I was thrown at this episode. The last one ended with Rosita seeing Daryl's silhouette. Then nada... next episode. I'm questioning the traitor. Is he really done with Neegan and wants his wife back? Or is he going to be an agent in hopes that Neegan will reward him? Rick is building a lot of allies, but how loyal will they be???

Dino Bravo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 20, 2015
    Cumberland
    I disagree. Element of surprise prevented a nasty fight that would have cost lives. The short clock showed them just a taste of what the world was like outside their little bubble. Rick also had no choice but to do it fast for two reasons. A deadline with the junkyard and deadlines with the saviors for providing goods. Time is against Rick in every respect. The irony, he's becoming more and more like Neegan.

I was thrown at this episode. The last one ended with Rosita seeing Daryl's silhouette. Then nada... next episode. I'm questioning the traitor. Is he really done with Neegan and wants his wife back? Or is he going to be an agent in hopes that Neegan will reward him? Rick is building a lot of allies, but how loyal will they be???
    Looking back, are we sure it wasn't Dwight instead of Darryl? They just showed a silhouette, and I thought it was Darryl too. However it seemed he wasn't aware Rosa was back at the end of last episode.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I also think it was Dwight in the shadows. Then Rosita brought him back and we are where we are. I think they have drug some of it too long of course but it's been a good season, hopefully the season finale does something besides lead up to a big wait.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    You raise excellent points, but I think it's because they've been burned so much, there is no law and order now, and anyone can be killed at anytime for no reason at all. I think it's just hardened Rick up to the point where it's just survival now at any cost.

I agree about their being burned, and you may well be right about Rick's point of view.

While there is no "law & order" there is and always will be certain rules that everyone understands. Taking something that ain't yours has been frowned upon throughout the history of mankind. No codified law, just wrong.

Yeah but he took guns from the Amazons who were hiding and going out of their way to be left alone and is giving them to the garbage pail kids. These groups don't exactly have developed histories of forming alliances. I'm not sure I would trust a junkyard dog.

I think snipers and explosives made sense but would have given a bit more time for negotiation. I suppose Tara knew Granny was off her rocker.

I agree about these groups lack of cooperation. It reminds me of the history of Rome. In the beginning the Italian peninsula was populated like many of the city-states of Greece. Then Rome came along and formed alliances. It didn't try to keep others out, it gave them a path to Roman rights and Roman citizenship. When Rome was attacked the force that would have normally wiped them out because they were bigger couldn't, because Rome did not stand alone, it had allied city-states that were able to beat back the invaders due to combined strength. Finally, it was formalized into the Roman Republic. That is what gave Rome it's strength.

In the end the "more time for negotiation" is what I think should have happened.

I'm guessing the rationale is because guns are so hard to find they're going to take everything they can when they find it, regardless of consequences. Rick has that "this is for the greater good" mentality.

This is something I will never get, the idea that "guns are so hard to find" is constantly brought up but I think it's crap. Think about us here on INGO. Presume that 90% of the membership here died in the plague. How many guns would they find in your house, or the average INGO member? Sure, some folks have just a few, but others have dozens or even hundreds. (Note: I am not arguing with you! I am chafing at how the show is portraying this alleged "difficulty.")

My whole issue is that it would never be a problem find guns, it would be a problem matching ammo. I know a lot of guys on here love 1911's. Rick ain't findin' much .357 ammo there, but .45? Loaded for awhile. My house you wouldn't find much modern ammo but olde Russian, British, Mauser? Lots. Some guys on here would be loaded with 5.56 AR ammo, but little else. I don't have much of that. Remember Tyreese, he carried a .30 carbine. You'd find a few hundred rounds with me, but I don't see that being an easy find.

they would have killed her if she showed up there again. Why do you think she went in so strong when she was alone talking to the leader?

I do not disagree with going in strong. I disagree with going in belligerent. There is a difference.

I don't disagree with their tactics, but they could have given the group a little more time to come along side and fight. I think they certainly would have given time.

In the end you could sell me on the tactics, but not the dictation. To truly build a strong group that will survive in the long run negotiation must be used more than dictation. A good leader doesn't dictate, they sell their people on their ideas. This goes for the military, business, everywhere. When people are convinced that a course of action is necessary and in their best interests they will be more involved and productive. Dictatorships can work but they are nowhere near as productive or long lived.

I can be sold on the surprise. I don't like it as much, but I can be sold on it. This short clock nonsense is what? What does the junkyard need weapons "soon?" What is their big hurry? They haven't had them for how long and now it must be "soon." Why?

Yes, he is acting more like Neegan, although I think it is his motivation that makes him different - to a point.

-------------------------

Regarding Dwight, I have no idea. I sure as hell wouldn't trust him, but I couldn't turn him down as a source of information. That would be the farthest I would trust him. I would want the history of the Saviors. How were they formed? What is their genesis? How did Neegan come to power? Once we start to come to questions about people is where wrong answers could send us off. If you ask Dwight, "Who are Neegans most loyal lieutenants", you could be given an entirely wrong list of names for planning purposes. Malicious answers by Dwight could mess things up big time. Finding ALL of the communities that the Saviors oppress? That would be good to know.

Other than information of a generic nature I wouldn't utilize him for anything, at least not until the fight is over.

Regards,

Doug

Dino Bravo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 20, 2015
    Cumberland
    There are scores of other groups out there too however grabbing up guns. You're right though, many homes (especially here and in Georgia) would be stocked.
    I have often said in that type of scenario I'd rather have the crossbow Daryl carries or a longbow than a firearm. Ammo and powder will eventually run out, crude arrows can be whittled.... I think Rick and Co are just so focused now on attacking Negan the negotiation stuff has eluded them. They don't want to waste any time getting what they want, and they don't want to risk themselves being attacked while trying to first negotiate it.
    Plus, being a tv show, there's a better than average chance many anti gun folks in real life are behind the production of the show...

And, I have noticed (to me) a disturbing trend in most new shows coming out. A distinct lack of civility, respect for others, and obessions with showing cruelty and torture in the programs. I don't get it. Guess I'm gettin old....

Top Bottom