• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I enjoyed last night's episode!! You would think that people left in the know would find all the US Mil walkers/cops/etc asap after it settled a bit, lots of hardware shuffling about in that area. We thought Michonne was going to bite the dust for sure!

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I enjoyed this one too. It had a good pace and plenty of action. Of course that means the next 2 or 3 episodes will probably be snoozers.

Back to Eugene: if Negan does set him up to make ammo he could play a huge role in sabotaging the Saviors. Depending on how closely they inventory powder and monitor production he could load double charges or dummy rounds.

That would be cool to see their rifles exploding in their faces during the battle against Rick's group.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I enjoyed this one too. It had a good pace and plenty of action. Of course that means the next 2 or 3 episodes will probably be snoozers.

Back to Eugene: if Negan does set him up to make ammo he could play a huge role in sabotaging the Saviors. Depending on how closely they inventory powder and monitor production he could load double charges or dummy rounds.

That would be cool to see their rifles exploding in their faces during the battle against Rick's group.

the more I think I am thinking Eugene is going to like the privileges with the Saviors and probably join that group. He stuck with Abe because he could protect him and he could manipulate Abe. Even after Abe whooped his ass he stuck with him/them. He stayed with the group because he could not survive on his own. I think he has been feeling like he isn't appreciated by the group. Negan is giving him attention and a feeling of self worth.

It would make for a interesting change in the plot.

pilotof727s

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2014
    New Palestine
    the more I think I am thinking Eugene is going to like the privileges with the Saviors and probably join that group. He stuck with Abe because he could protect him and he could manipulate Abe. Even after Abe whooped his ass he stuck with him/them. He stayed with the group because he could not survive on his own. I think he has been feeling like he isn't appreciated by the group. Negan is giving him attention and a feeling of self worth.

I'd have to agree with this. Eugene feels valuable and needed.

pilotof727s

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2014
    New Palestine
    I don't trust the garbage people. Rick doesn't really know them. I don't know why he puts so much faith into them or why they would be willing to fight Ricks fight.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    It seems everyone is liking that episode.....

To me it was "Red Shoe Diaries...Zombie Edition..."

"Rick and Michonne go looking for guns and come across a little County fair...There they take the time to eat some MRE's by candlelight and catch up on some post apocalyptic loving.....Afterwards they enjoy a little post coitus Zombie killing.........Later they bring the guns to Mistress Boudicca in her black leather thigh high boots who tells Rick it's not near enough and he has been a naughty, naughty, boy not bringing enough guns.....To be continued...Safe word "Colt Python"...."

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Am I the only one that thinks the junkyard chick could be a dude? I saw her on talking dead, and she looked more feminine, but she kinda has a Rick Ocasek thing going on.

Dutch+Boy+ad+1960.jpg

twd_710_gp_0830_0064-rt.jpg

No...She just posed as the Dutch Boy for the paint ads.....

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    So now I'm all caught up. Yay.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who immediately knew they were going to fall through the roof?

I don't see how any of those firearms would be functional. Exposed to the weather for several years and still fully functional. I just cannot see it. Heck, I would think firearms kept inside in an armory would need a good cleaning.

The MRE's were a great find, but should have been kept for small unit long ranges searches. Those things are loaded with nutrients, so just two (2) a day would be good for most folks. The reason I say saved is if you tried to feed a community off of them you would go through them in less than a day, maybe two.

I wouldn't classify that shipment of firearms as a "lot." It was a fair number, but I think I own more than that myself.

Another issue would be a pathetic lack of ammunition. For hunting they may have enough(?), but for a firefight they are way short.

And why were the soldiers still carrying their weapons on their backs? If they were killed in a firefight they would have had them pulled. If they were killed by the plague, they would have had them removed, along with their fatigues. I could see one (1) or two (2) soldiers killed by snipers with their weapons and gear still on, but the rest...?

Rosita and Sasha are going to be idiots. If they push things too soon the are going to poke the hornets nest and all hell will descend upon Ricks group before they are ready. I have often advocated for the assassination of Negan, but as part of a planned offensive, not as a lone wolf that is less likely to survive or succeed. Idiots!

And why exactly is Garbage Dump going to fight for Rick? Ok, a trade for weapons I can get. But standing the line, fighting and dying just to get some guns without any other dog in the fight? I don't understand Ricks faith in their willingness to fight for him without being concerned that they will take over when it is done. If 10% of your military force is mercenary, Ok fine, that is one thing. But if 60%+ of your military force is mercenary that is taking a massive risk. Garbage Dump outnumbers Hilltop and Alexandria significantly, so without the Kingdom Garbage Dump just became the highest percentage of fighters on the battlefield. Even with the Kingdom Garbage Dump would still look to be at least 33% of the forces on the field.

For me I would go to the county sheriffs office and/or the chief of police in every major town. Those of us with a C&R license have to give them a copy. I'd dig out those copies and focus there, with the priority being out of town, isolated home first as they would be the least likely to be scavenged already. Rick was a county deputy, he should know these things.

Regards,

Doug

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

I don't see how any of those firearms would be functional. Exposed to the weather for several years and still fully functional. I just cannot see it. Heck, I would think firearms kept inside in an armory would need a good cleaning.

Well, maybe.

I would not be surprised by a Glock that was left outside for a few years going bang without any problems. I've done worse to them for longer periods of time (e.g. my old G17 that I was able to rust!)

Some of the less rugged makes and models might have problems.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    So now I'm all caught up. Yay.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who immediately knew they were going to fall through the roof?

The MRE's were a great find, but should have been kept for small unit long ranges searches. Those things are loaded with nutrients, so just two (2) a day would be good for most folks. The reason I say saved is if you tried to feed a community off of them you would go through them in less than a day, maybe two.

I wouldn't classify that shipment of firearms as a "lot." It was a fair number, but I think I own more than that myself.

Another issue would be a pathetic lack of ammunition. For hunting they may have enough(?), but for a firefight they are way short.

And why were the soldiers still carrying their weapons on their backs? If they were killed in a firefight they would have had them pulled. If they were killed by the plague, they would have had them removed, along with their fatigues. I could see one (1) or two (2) soldiers killed by snipers with their weapons and gear still on, but the rest...?

Rosita and Sasha are going to be idiots. If they push things too soon the are going to poke the hornets nest and all hell will descend upon Ricks group before they are ready. I have often advocated for the assassination of Negan, but as part of a planned offensive, not as a lone wolf that is less likely to survive or succeed. Idiots!

And why exactly is Garbage Dump going to fight for Rick? Ok, a trade for weapons I can get. But standing the line, fighting and dying just to get some guns without any other dog in the fight? I don't understand Ricks faith in their willingness to fight for him without being concerned that they will take over when it is done. If 10% of your military force is mercenary, Ok fine, that is one thing. But if 60%+ of your military force is mercenary that is taking a massive risk. Garbage Dump outnumbers Hilltop and Alexandria significantly, so without the Kingdom Garbage Dump just became the highest percentage of fighters on the battlefield. Even with the Kingdom Garbage Dump would still look to be at least 33% of the forces on the field.

For me I would go to the county sheriffs office and/or the chief of police in every major town. Those of us with a C&R license have to give them a copy. I'd dig out those copies and focus there, with the priority being out of town, isolated home first as they would be the least likely to be scavenged already. Rick was a county deputy, he should know these things.

Regards,

Doug

Just one more reason we shouldn't have a gun registry. When the zombie apocalypse happens I don't want a bunch of people with my address and a list of guns to come steal from me. Purple implied, but serious about the no gun registration.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    There was at least one AK in the pile, I'm sure it'll be fine - though I imagine it's the same prop gun Rick was toting around earlier.

I live-Tweet the episodes as kind of a marketing thing for my brooks. One of my Tweets this week was, "Jeez, Rick, I know Eugene is gone but POLICE THE BRASS!"

Top Bottom