• ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Something very bad happened.

When the Saviors were torturing Daryl with that Easy Street song, it didn't bother me and it didn't stick in my head.

Last night, after seeing Eugene listen to it the night before, the tune popped into my head and won't leave.

Thanks Eugene. You bastard.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Something very bad happened.

When the Saviors were torturing Daryl with that Easy Street song, it didn't bother me and it didn't stick in my head.

Last night, after seeing Eugene listen to it the night before, the tune popped into my head and won't leave.

Thanks Eugene. You bastard.

he not only listened to it...he LIKED it! UHG!!!

Damn him!

AND! I couldn't go to bed until I ate two big Kosher pickles!

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County

3DBBC59B00000578-0-image-a-47_1488169159407.jpg

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    The song "Easy Street" has a double symbolic meaning.

For Daryl it was irony, the complete opposite of his situation.

For Eugene it was truth, things couldn't get any better for him.

I think I would have liked this episode if THERE WEREN'T SO DAMN FEW OF THEM! If we traveled back in time when a "season" was 25 - 35 episodes, then fine, a nice background story would be welcome. Setting up the backstory, telling some character development would all be good to go. Hell, three (3) or four (4) episodes per season would be fine. But with this crap of 10 flippen episodes - I don't think so. It makes the story drag at a snails pace.

I find it also ironic that Negan really does seem to employ Eugene's special talents a lot better than Ricks group. In Ricks group Eugene is an outcast who is kindof taken for granted and not really utilized to the best of his ability, except on rare occasion. He is not used as a "problem solver." In Negan's world, Eugene has become the #1 problem solver over night!

Of course, there is still the issue of whatever happened to the poison pills...?:dunno:;)

They're trying to turn Dwight into a Daryl that broke. Dwight did have a wife he loved to look out for, whereas Daryl didn't have someone else to protect, so Dwight's position was weaker from the beginning.

Killing the medical doctor was just stupid. Actually, killing anyone with real-world skills would be stupid.

I like the girl leading Eugene around. I think she shows someone who isn't really a bad person, but who is doing what she can to survive under the reign of a madman. What would we do if we were small and grabbed up by the Saviors? Maybe just enough to not anger Negan but not too much? There will always be some who will wallow in it and they will need to be dispatched, eventually.

As far as the final scene went, I don't believe either one of them truly buys into the "we are Negan." Heck, I don't think most folks do. They are mostly all just allowing their strings to be pulled in order to survive. I think that was a very minor bonding moment for both Dwight and Eugene. I believe we'll see more of them chatting in the future.

Regards,

Doug

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Here's my thing. How did Negan get people to start kneeling to him. I would think that obviously, at the start of the outbreak, he got together with a group that slowly built up as time progressed. I'd also imagine that he and the smaller core members of his group are/were fairly tight. Surely a few of them have survived until now, right? How did just "up and one day" start telling them to kneel to him and to refer to themselves a "Negan" without getting the standard "go **** yourself," from his original group (who would have to be fairly badassed themselves having survived so long)?

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Here's my thing. How did Negan get people to start kneeling to him. I would think that obviously, at the start of the outbreak, he got together with a group that slowly built up as time progressed. I'd also imagine that he and the smaller core members of his group are/were fairly tight. Surely a few of them have survived until now, right? How did just "up and one day" start telling them to kneel to him and to refer to themselves a "Negan" without getting the standard "go **** yourself," from his original group (who would have to be fairly badassed themselves having survived so long)?

Good question. Must have done something with the smaller group that, at least in their minds, made him stand apart in the badassery department. Once they're convinced and start doing it, others join in as the group grows. BUT, as you've seen, there's plenty that would do him harm in his own little kingdom. Sooner or later people want to live in peace and will not stand for this kind of ruthless society. Sooner or later community has to start...we are humans...it's what we are.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Good question. Must have done something with the smaller group that, at least in their minds, made him stand apart in the badassery department. Once they're convinced and start doing it, others join in as the group grows. BUT, as you've seen, there's plenty that would do him harm in his own little kingdom. Sooner or later people want to live in peace and will not stand for this kind of ruthless society. Sooner or later community has to start...we are humans...it's what we are.

I think all it would take is to beat to death one or two people that refuse to kneel and the rest will kneel.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States

Maybe an inciting event? Like the same kinda day when Rick declared the Ricktatorship? Negan was being his charming self, gradually taking charge in a benign sort of way, then something happened that proved they needed a leader? Some dude who had obviously caused a problem by not cooperating got the bat and the rest of the group understood why?

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    When Negan figures out Eugene is mostly full of BS it won't end for him well. That's if rick and the guys don't get Negan first. Anyone else notice Eugene went in to his speal about working for the government right off the bat? He is playing CYA with Negan. I think he is a nerd, probably a professional student, lived in mommy's basement kinda guy pre-apocalypse . If Negan doesn't see threw him soon I can see him becoming a Negan ally or maybe, just maybe a good mole to the group if he can get work out some how to get information out to the the group regularly.

But at this point I am thinking Abe's beat down should have finished him off. :boxing:

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Man, used to love this show. Watched it since its debut. Lost interest for some reason, even the deaths didn't seem interesting. After that first season, the tease of what caused the epidemic was interesting, they need to throw that back in. How it started, is someone finding/researching a cure. It's been almost 7 years now and the same old plot, just different villains, it gets tiresome.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Man, used to love this show. Watched it since its debut. Lost interest for some reason, even the deaths didn't seem interesting. After that first season, the tease of what caused the epidemic was interesting, they need to throw that back in. How it started, is someone finding/researching a cure. It's been almost 7 years now and the same old plot, just different villains, it gets tiresome.

They need a downrange72 zombie!

Top Bottom