• VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Is anyone else still bothered about "making a bullet"

Why do we spend thousands on reloading crap if it's not needed.

And why don't more people make their own casings? Or primers?

Eugene babbled about "turret press" and "funnels". Maybe some other stuff? I don't hang on every word when watching. Sounded like show research consisted of googling Lee reloading. So maybe he just found reloading and casting equipment? Most people would not know how to reload and even fewer would just happen to remember powder charges and such. BUT then why would Negan recognize the shell casing as a reload? The Bullet in Lucille looked cast so maybe he just assumed.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Yeah, seems far fetched. how did he make the primer? He would have to pretty much a machinist and a tool and die maker. Eugene doesn't seem to be much more then book smart.

I am glad to see what is left of the gang back together. But Carol is out on her own by her own wishes this time. Will that get there asses in a crack a she comes to bail them out again. And who is the mystery guy with the boots on? This last part of the season as really kicked them down. The second part going to give them some decent revenge? We will have to wait and see.

[video=youtube_share;t_7LWCFH5Gc]http://youtu.be/t_7LWCFH5Gc[/video]

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    On the small electronics batteries, most lithium ion primaries have a 7-10 year shelf life. They may not be fresh as a daisy but they will work.

Carl - didn't pull the trigger when he should have - Carl Fail. Probably come back to bite him hard. Several people already dead. For my NFL fans, "C'MON MAN!"

Boot dude - I took him to be the original owner of the house boat, probably waiting to see the "you still lose" happen, whatever that is.

On Negan hurting women and children - I don't think he has a problem hurting women at all. He's not bashing their brains out with Lucille, but he's definitely "hurting" them...in the worst kind of way. Not sure why he didn't immediately bash some brains when Lucille caught a bullet. She's got a really cool scar story now.

They mentioned all the groups we know about but one - regarding the new anti-savior federation - the ladies on the coast. I think they'll play a part too.

Gonna be a long wait until TWD cranks up again, but in the meantime I still can't get EASY STREET out of my head - thanks!!!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Last night was the best episode of the season. For me, the highlight was Spencer getting what he's been asking for . . . he finally asked someone who would deliver without hesitating. I will not miss the character at all.

I'm looking forward to see how the group and their new allies solve their problem in February!

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Last night was the best episode of the season. For me, the highlight was Spencer getting what he's been asking for . . . he finally asked someone who would deliver without hesitating. I will not miss the character at all.

I'm looking forward to see how the group and their new allies solve their problem in February!

OH! I forgot one since you mentioned Spencer...FINALLY a bow hunter dead in the tree stand - THANK YOU! Was wondering if we'd ever get around to that possibility out where rural people lived.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County

Agreed 100%, Spencer was a problem that should have been gone already. Thanks Negan!

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Eugene babbled about "turret press" and "funnels". Maybe some other stuff? I don't hang on every word when watching. Sounded like show research consisted of googling Lee reloading. So maybe he just found reloading and casting equipment? Most people would not know how to reload and even fewer would just happen to remember powder charges and such. BUT then why would Negan recognize the shell casing as a reload? The Bullet in Lucille looked cast so maybe he just assumed.

I didn't catch the turret press thing (then again too, I didn't notice Michone killing the red head either), I just mainly held onto the "funnel".

Neagan looked at the back of the casing and said it was a reload, like the brass was special made or it had a "FU Neagan" head stamp. IDK, if I didn't know anything about guns, I'd maybe believe it, but it's just so ...............

indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    The note on the boat that said YOU STILL LOSE - Do you think the stuff from the boat is booby trapped somehow? Is the food poisoned? The weapons rigged to malfunction? The blankets infected with smallpox?

:tinfoil:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I'm not a re-loader, but yeah, I was wondering how Negan knew with a quick glance the casing was "homemade". When he picked it up, you could see the primer, looked normal to me. :dunno:I also had no idea Michonne killed the red headed chick.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I'm not a re-loader, but yeah, I was wondering how Negan knew with a quick glance the casing was "homemade". When he picked it up, you could see the primer, looked normal to me. :dunno:I also had no idea Michonne killed the red headed chick.

On that, the girl was kind of in favor of taking Negan down. Did you pick up on that? She said the silencer [sic] is in the glovebox. Meaning, if you want to get out of here alive you'd better kill me quietly. I was also impressed that even from a distance, and outside the cab of the vehicle, there was a noticeable flash AND sound. It's not a silencer, but just a muffler. Quieter, not silent. That one they got pretty good.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Negan did say something about the crimping on the case he was looking at. I think the original case was a. 357, and if it came out of a 9mm I think any of us looking at it could see it was no longer a .357 case - too short for that, and it would surely say. 357 Mag on it.

My thoughts at least...

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    On the small electronics batteries, most lithium ion primaries have a 7-10 year shelf life. They may not be fresh as a daisy but they will work.

Carl - didn't pull the trigger when he should have - Carl Fail. Probably come back to bite him hard. Several people already dead. For my NFL fans, "C'MON MAN!"

Boot dude - I took him to be the original owner of the house boat, probably waiting to see the "you still lose" happen, whatever that is.

On Negan hurting women and children - I don't think he has a problem hurting women at all. He's not bashing their brains out with Lucille, but he's definitely "hurting" them...in the worst kind of way. Not sure why he didn't immediately bash some brains when Lucille caught a bullet. She's got a really cool scar story now.

They mentioned all the groups we know about but one - regarding the new anti-savior federation - the ladies on the coast. I think they'll play a part too.

Gonna be a long wait until TWD cranks up again, but in the meantime I still can't get EASY STREET out of my head - thanks!!!

Right, but what happens beyond that point?

Assuming humanity survives, the economies of scale mean that it's unlikely that we'd just be able to spin those factories back up. If anything, civilization would almost have to gear down and take a step back with a few surviving modern goodies salted in.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Right, but what happens beyond that point?

Assuming humanity survives, the economies of scale mean that it's unlikely that we'd just be able to spin those factories back up. If anything, civilization would almost have to gear down and take a step back with a few surviving modern goodies salted in.

I would assume someone would start reading at the library and kick off technology again, just be taken aback a few decades.

Top Bottom