• Status
    Not open for further replies.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    Rubio won his primary last night, and now challenging his opponent to six debates, including one on Spanish TV.

Gee, we could have had this... but instead we have Amnesty Don.

Rubio challenges Murphy to six debates, including one on Spanish TV

Yeah, we'd be better off with a candidate that runs in circles like these.
    GANG-OF-EIGHT.jpg

No thanks!

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Trump campaigning in AZ and OH, Pence in FL.

Hopefully that's a signal that he's going to focus on battleground states.

In other (disconcerting) news, reports about the difference in debate prep are startling. I get that Trump doesn't want to come off as too rehearsed, but dude - you have to prepare. I don't think there's ANY chance that he'll come off as too rehearsed, anyway. He goes off-script too often to begin with.

But, it also shows a dangerous lack of self-critique. I wonder if he really thinks he can do no wrong. Most of the self-inflicted campaign wounds have been when he hasn't been rehearsed. You'd think he'd actively try to avoid making the same mistake.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

In other (disconcerting) news, reports about the difference in debate prep are startling. I get that Trump doesn't want to come off as too rehearsed, but dude - you have to prepare. I don't think there's ANY chance that he'll come off as too rehearsed, anyway. He goes off-script too often to begin with.

But, it also shows a dangerous lack of self-critique. I wonder if he really thinks he can do no wrong. Most of the self-inflicted campaign wounds have been when he hasn't been rehearsed. You'd think he'd actively try to avoid making the same mistake.
    But but...He wins all of the debates he is in.... He doesn't need practice

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

But but...He wins all of the debates he is in.... He doesn't need practice

Not ragging on him here... but I hope everyone remembers that Trump got his ass handed to him in the primary debates on multiple occasions. He is easily caught off-guard (for someone that wants to wing it) and gets completely flustered.

He's going to avoid debates as much as Clinton is.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Got a link for this one?

Remote at the moment, but you've participated in the "trump" thread, it was brought up extensively there.

He backed away from deporting the 11m illegals, backed away from "the wall", says he'd "soften" the immigration laws and work on finding ways for them to stay in the country.

It's amnesty

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Got a link for this one?

NeverTrump propaganda. I've heard Trump's a racist too. :rolleyes:

I guess we'll find out tonight. During or after his speech. Maybe.

Maybe not.

ETA:
    Oh, WSJ article.
    http://www.wsj.com/articles/trumps-...echoes-obama-administration-policy-1472599365

“Everybody agrees we get the bad ones out,” Mr. Trump said at a town hall hosted by Fox News last week, where he also suggested he would “work with” longtime residents with jobs and children, and that it would be a “very hard thing” to break up families.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Trump is like Mercury!!!!

He is the patron god of financial gain, commerce, eloquence (and thus poetry), messages/communication (including divination), travelers, boundaries, luck, trickery and thieves; he is also the guide of souls to the underworld. -- Source Wikipedia.

Trump is like Mercury!!!!

Mercury and most of its compounds are extremely toxic and must be handled with care; -- Source Wikipedia

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I am not participating in that thread anymore. This thread was created to consolidate the issue.

He also said that they would need to leave, and come back in through the proper channels to become a citizen. That does not equal amnesty.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    It just occurred to me what Trump should do about the illegal immigration. I'll totally freak out if his idea is anything like this.

Tie immigration to trade. The illegal aliens are from other countries (obviously). For those countries that agree to beneficial trade deals (beneficial for us, potentially not so much for them), their people can have a path to citizenship. Maybe we even talk about special visas/immigration procedures.

Basically, make it more win-win (with more winning for us). Maybe there are already some countries (like Canada) who have a very small number of illegal aliens that we just don't worry about. (Before you mock me for the Canada thing, there really are some from there.)

Seems to me we could have a country-specific policy. It is a non-traditional approach, but it might be a good compromise.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Mexico is subsidizing illegal immigration. Cities have programs that match, sometimes up to 3-1 the US dollars sent back to those cities used for improvements. The aliens are building very nice houses in their home towns.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    haha Yeah, he knows. ;)

Michael Jordan won all the championship games he was in, too (I think), but he still practiced.
    Nah. He won all the Championship series he was in, not all of the games. :):

And yeah, he practiced a LOT. He was always trying to improve. The great ones always want to be better.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    It just occurred to me what Trump should do about the illegal immigration. I'll totally freak out if his idea is anything like this.

Tie immigration to trade. The illegal aliens are from other countries (obviously). For those countries that agree to beneficial trade deals (beneficial for us, potentially not so much for them), their people can have a path to citizenship. Maybe we even talk about special visas/immigration procedures.

Basically, make it more win-win (with more winning for us). Maybe there are already some countries (like Canada) who have a very small number of illegal aliens that we just don't worry about. (Before you mock me for the Canada thing, there really are some from there.)

Seems to me we could have a country-specific policy. It is a non-traditional approach, but it might be a good compromise.
    I bet there are actually a lot from Canada. I used to know one.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom