1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    The Bunker

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    This is my pledge to the American people: as your President I will be your greatest champion. I will fight to ensure that every American is treated equally, protected equally, and honored equally.
    We will reject bigotry and hatred and oppression in all its forms, and seek a new future built on our common culture and values as one American people.
    -Donald J. Trump

https://www.facebook.com/DonaldTrump/posts/10157509509515725

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/765679267086684161

A few moments afterwards....

Trump: "Sike!"

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This is my pledge to the American people: as your President I will be your greatest champion. I will fight to ensure that every American is treated equally, protected equally, and honored equally.
    We will reject bigotry and hatred and oppression in all its forms, and seek a new future built on our common culture and values as one American people.
    -Donald J. Trump

https://www.facebook.com/DonaldTrump/posts/10157509509515725

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/765679267086684161

People get so hung up on "equality". If by "equal" we're saying government doesn't pick winners and losers, I'd agree. But instead, I'm pretty sure he's pandering for votes because people like equal outcomes these days.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    you still haven't showed me where all the oil is GWB2 got us in Iraqi Freedom??????

I'm not sure whether you have a googlefu deficiency or are just being crabby. Google is your friend.

Iraq_crude_oil_exports.png

Iraq's oil production is up over 4 million bbl/d at this point.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Whatever Commie...:)

(BTW PaulF, GFGT, Hisorian were here on Saturday and we did try to "Psychically will you" to come down the hill....You and BBI were all that was missing from out interfaith meet and greet....)

Paulf-"So where does jamil live?"

Me-"Literally right up the hill five miles that way..."

Paulf-"We need him here.."

Us-"We know....JAMIL!!!!!! COME ON DOWN!!!!!!!!"

:)

Apparently the price wasn't right

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    I'm not sure whether you have a googlefu deficiency or are just being crabby. Google is your friend.

Iraq_crude_oil_exports.png

Iraq's oil production is up over 4 million bbl/d at this point.

yes i know this my google fu is fine...i said "US" as in USA?.....you said the war was for oil so as i have said why don't we have all the oil then???????

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I think there are valid points that the nationalized oil industry of Iraq was one of the larger factors in the runup to the war. There is documentation that the major oil companies were allotted pieces of the Iraqi petroleum business prior to the war. However, it was only after the Coalition Provisional Authority was established that engineers had a chance to inspect the operations and they were shocked at the state of disrepair. Saddam obviously wasn't spending money on pipelines and storage facilities.

The Halliburton subsidization clearly happened. How much that played into the decision...

Was the war only about oil? No. Iraqi output was about 2 mm bbls/d versus a world demand at the time of just over 60 mm bbls/d. Presently, demand is approaching 100 mm bbls/d with Iraq providing about 4 % of the supply. Without that 4%, prices would be higher, of course, but we would never see "50 cents a gallon" gasoline here in the USA even if all production was allocated to us. Present distribution, processing and excise taxes are well over 50 cents a gallon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom