• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Not old enough to have in times of peace. My Mom worked for the engineers looking for the oil out there. Before it went to crap, they would bring back all kinds of good stuff.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You need to think more broadly. Iraq is only one of many oil-producing countries in the region. Answer this: If there was no oil in the middle east and southwest asia, do you think we would be fighting to defend the rights of camel jockeys?

Ask the Viet Cong about our willingness to fight over issues other than natural resources

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    You need to think more broadly. Iraq is only one of many oil-producing countries in the region. Answer this: If there was no oil in the middle east and southwest asia, do you think we would be fighting to defend the rights of camel jockeys?

Camel jockeys?

Really?

That's a pretty racially charged term...

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    You need to think more broadly. Oil is a fungible commodity. All producing countries need to be factored into any consideration, whether that be economics or geo-politics. Saudi Arabia is the largest producer. Why do we support Saudi Arabia with a somewhat corrupt regime and one of the most right wing sects of Islam?

Oil. Iraq was not about bringing democracy to the region or saving the Kurds. It was an attempt (unsuccesful) to bring stability to the region so that the flow of oil from the REGION (not just Iraq) continued.

In addition, to say that we only get 8% of our oil from Iraq so it's of no consequence assumes that the other customers would stop using oil if Iraq did not produce. We know that is wrong. Oil is fungible. Think globally.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    It's funny the way certain words offend the far right when it suits them, but "libtard" and "the Kenyan" are used so frequently on this site that one begins to wonder if some of you substitute it for the F word in your daily conversations.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    It's funny the way certain words offend the far right when it suits them, but "libtard" and "the Kenyan" are used so frequently on this site that one begins to wonder if some of you substitute it for the F word in your daily conversations.

If you won't use the n-word in daily conversation, you shouldn't use the term "camel jockey" either, for the same reason. And please note, it's a small number of people that use the terms "Kenyan" and "libtard".

But I guess if you want to sink to their level, go right ahead. Just don't expect to be taken seriously.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

You have not nor will you ever see me using those words...Ever....I consider those words as childish as "faux news", "The Daily Fail", "Teavangelicals", "Trumpsters", etc....

I have been called "far right" and "far left" depending upon the subject matter...I am not "offended" when I see childish words being used...I am embarrassed...We are all adults and yet some of us blend words together to show disdain for someones opinion or someone's source of news...I remember we used to do that on the playground back in grade school...I consider INGO a gathering place for adults to be able to debate without resorting to grade school insults....(Or insinuating that Americans that support Trump are somehow to be equated with the Nazi Party....)

And yes I am embarrassed when I see "Kenyan" and "libtard" being used by those on the right....I have a special needs daughter so there is a "cringe" moment when I see the word "libtard" but I am not offended...As I said, just embarrassed....

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

I gotta be consistent Alpo, and I actually really like you, but Jbomb is right. That quip was pretty offensive. It surprised me coming from you because I expect better.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    If you won't use the n-word in daily conversation, you shouldn't use the term "camel jockey" either, for the same reason. And please note, it's a small number of people that use the terms "Kenyan" and "libtard".

But I guess if you want to sink to their level, go right ahead. Just don't expect to be taken seriously.

The issue is: You guys never correct the offenders for calling our president "The Kenyan". So, I assume your bowdlerization only applies to those terms you find outside your level of personal correctness?

Camel herder might have been closer to the correct term. But the people of the sand ride as well as walk next to their beasts of burden.

My point is still valid re: oil. We've done little over the years to promote freedom in the North African and Arabian subcontinent in areas where petroleum does not exist. Frankly, that's one of the reasons we do so little in most of Africa.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    You need to think more broadly. Oil is a fungible commodity. All producing countries need to be factored into any consideration, whether that be economics or geo-politics. Saudi Arabia is the largest producer. Why do we support Saudi Arabia with a somewhat corrupt regime and one of the most right wing sects of Islam?

Oil. Iraq was not about bringing democracy to the region or saving the Kurds. It was an attempt (unsuccesful) to bring stability to the region so that the flow of oil from the REGION (not just Iraq) continued.

In addition, to say that we only get 8% of our oil from Iraq so it's of no consequence assumes that the other customers would stop using oil if Iraq did not produce. We know that is wrong. Oil is fungible. Think globally.

thank you for your correct use of the "f" word.
    Much appreciated.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    My point is still valid re: oil. We've done little over the years to promote freedom in the North African and Arabian subcontinent in areas where petroleum does not exist. Frankly, that's one of the reasons we do so little in most of Africa.

The Clintons are top notch at exploiting, and manipulating Africa, along with the middle east, and other 3rd world countries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LYRUOd_QoM

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    The issue is: You guys never correct the offenders for calling our president "The Kenyan". So, I assume your bowdlerization only applies to those terms you find outside your level of personal correctness?

Camel herder might have been closer to the correct term. But the people of the sand ride as well as walk next to their beasts of burden.

I have offered correction on use of Kenyan.

I think cursing, dismissive, and name calling erc have no place in civil discussions especially when opposing viewpoints are involved.

I try to follow the BBC and give everyone their proper title as recognized in polite society and affirm or deny positions while skewering them in such a manner.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yeah, but, in fairness, the people that typically use "the Kenyan" rarely have rational debates. So, I'm kinda glad for it. It kinda signals the kind of post it is and how seriously to consider it.

Plus, I'm all for people being free to express themselves as they see fit. The language usage somewhat predicts the logic usage.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom