Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Remember how Trump supporters swore that "sure, he's rough around the edges, but man he'll take it to Hillary somethin' fierce!"

Good times.

You don't hire Steve Bannon as your campaign manager because you want to "take it to Hillary." You hire him because you plan on attacking the GOP.

If Trump has been working for Hillary the entire time to destroy the GOP, there is nothing he would change. Bannon continues this goal.

If I were the "Never Hillary" sort of Trump supporter, I'd be pissed Trump is still focused on attacking conservatives

Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Remember how Trump supporters swore that "sure, he's rough around the edges, but man he'll take it to Hillary somethin' fierce!"

Good times.

You don't hire Steve Bannon as your campaign manager because you want to "take it to Hillary." You hire him because you plan on attacking the GOP.

If Trump has been working for Hillary the entire time to destroy the GOP, there is nothing he would change. Bannon continues this goal.

If I were the "Never Hillary" sort of Trump supporter, I'd be pissed Trump is still focused on attacking conservatives

Tell me about these conservatives of which you speak. The GOP seems pretty poor of them in recent years.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Tell me about these conservatives of which you speak. The GOP seems pretty poor of them in recent years.

They're those only people remaining that have even a shred of Constitutional respect. Some with high regard to the Constitution, even.

What's the goal? Knock all of them down until there's no one left but Democrats? Some brand new entity isn't going to just rise from the ashes and sweep the White House and Congress away from the Democrats... It's just going to be years and years of Leftists in power.

I'm starting to think there is no real goal. Every time Trump does something like this to validate what I've been saying for months... I have to revert back to even the most basic guesses on this entire election: He said some sweet things, and a bunch of people bought into it. It looks more and more like a sham every month.

When October rolls around and he's still throwing punches at Republicans... I better not hear Trump supporters keep trying the "yeah but you just wait, he'll get her!" lines anymore. There is, and will be, no more excuses for this.

The time for waiting is over. Cut the line, focus on saving the House, which is now potentially in jeopardy.

I expect handwritten apologies from each of you that tried to decipher what Trump was thinking and tried pushing it on the rest of us. You can slide them under my bunker doors.

The ones on my ignore list can get freed if they do 2+ pages. :)

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So you are willing to give up SCOTUS to save the house?

I can't give up anything, as I have no influence in this election. I have only seen that Clinton is the very likely winner, and will very likely appoint very bad people to the SCOTUS. Trump (if he's actually running against her to begin with) can't beat her.

So... what else is there to do? Waste time hoping and believing that Trump (if he's even running against her) is going to win? They'd probably be better off using that time to preserve their positions in congress.

If Clinton has Congress, then she has SCOTUS.
    If Clinton doesn't have Congress, then she at least has a fight with regards to SCOTUS. It would make the GOP look bad... but they could at least fight her, and possibly demand a lightweight liberal as trade.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Also Matt Boyle at Breitbart is joining the Trump campaign in some official capacity.

Now... don't quote me on this... but I seem to recall Boyle being a Democrat pre-2008.

I mean, so was Trump... so...

CqE44cIWgAAtzkx.jpg

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I can't give up anything, as I have no influence in this election. I have only seen that Clinton is the very likely winner, and will very likely appoint very bad people to the SCOTUS. Trump (if he's actually running against her to begin with) can't beat her.

So... what else is there to do? Waste time hoping and believing that Trump (if he's even running against her) is going to win? They'd probably be better off using that time to preserve their positions in congress.

If Clinton has Congress, then she has SCOTUS.
    If Clinton doesn't have Congress, then she at least has a fight with regards to SCOTUS. It would make the GOP look bad... but they could at least fight her, and possibly demand a lightweight liberal as trade.

Well, you seem to be wasting a lot of your time telling everyone how Trump can't win.

If the GPO can't win their house races that that is on them. The haven't done jack:poop: since they were sent there after Obamacare. The result of that is Trump. They made their bed, now they can sleep in it.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Also Matt Boyle at Breitbart is joining the Trump campaign in some official capacity.

Now... don't quote me on this... but I seem to recall Boyle being a Democrat pre-2008.

I mean, so was Trump... so...

So was I. What's your point?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I dunno G. I don't give anyone that much credit for bringing together such a spectacular plan. Not the Clintons and certainly not Trump. I mean, Trump isn't stupid, but he's not a genius political strategist either. The Trump phenomenon I believe is really more accidental. I think the goal for Trump all along was to get in the race and make as much of it as he can before he loses. Get in there. Tell people what they want to hear. Gain as much attention as possible. And then when he does lose, blame everyone else. I tend to think he's actually surprised to last this long. And I think he says provocative stuff because he likes to make the headlines.

But one thing I do agree with you on, I have serious doubts that he actually wants to be president. He just doesn't behave like that's his main goal.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    And I think he says provocative stuff because he likes to make the headlines.
    The media would not cover it otherwise. It is why he gets free pub, and gets the news to talk about something they otherwise wouldn't touch.
    But one thing I do agree with you on, I have serious doubts that he actually wants to be president. He just doesn't behave like that's his main goal.
    So Pence, then.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I expect handwritten apologies from each of you that tried to decipher what Trump was thinking and tried pushing it on the rest of us. You can slide them under my bunker doors.

The ones on my ignore list can get freed if they do 2+ pages. :)

I'm afraid the bigger concern for you should be whether you have a coronary or aneurysm before November gets here, much less when Trump wins...

:chillpill::chillpill::chillpill:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

Good times.

While I'm a never hillary person, I'm sick and tired of the GOP I voted into office bending over at every turn. I'm sick and tired of the go along to get along attitude.

Either take the fight to the opposition, or we should take the fight to you as well. At this point, many establishment republicans are almost indefinable from democrats, and I find that far more concerning than anything else. They should be tarred and feathered along with the rest of the lot.

I can count on 1 hand the number of republicans I legitimately respect in congress, and that is pathetic.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    While I'm a never hillary person, I'm sick and tired of the GOP I voted into office bending over at every turn. I'm sick and tired of the go along to get along attitude.

Either take the fight to the opposition, or we should take the fight to you as well. At this point, many establishment republicans are almost indefinable from democrats, and I find that far more concerning than anything else. They should be tarred and feathered along with the rest of the lot.

I can count on 1 hand the number of republicans I legitimately respect in congress, and that is pathetic.

:yesway:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

I agree with this post. Maybe if the GOPe would be be more concerned about taking the fight to the opposition there would be no need for a Trump.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I agree with this post. Maybe if the GOPe would be be more concerned about taking the fight to the opposition there would be no need for a Trump.

As soon as they get out of range to hear the voices of the people that put them in office, they start listening to the people that will invite them to the cool parties or think they can make the media say nice things about them if they just "reach across the aisle". Like Charlie Brown and the football, they never learn.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom