Bloomberg already fundraising on it.

CpdTX3dWEAEj5Qx.jpg:large

gloxrok

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    NC Indiana
    Everytown for Gun Confiscation, I mean "safety," is utterly ridiculous. The NRA has no more incited violence then I've been on the moon. What is wrong with these people? (rhetorical question)

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I think Trump's on his game. He has the right people pissed off. That'll encourage the rest of us, on top of those not yet paying attention.

Freedom's Safest Place...

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I think Trump's on his game. He has the right people pissed off. That'll encourage the rest of us, on top of those not yet paying attention.

Freedom's Safest Place...

There is truth to this.

I am in no way a Trump supporter and I honestly feel that he is completely unqualified and unfit to be president. But attacks like we're seeing today certainly have me defending him rigorously.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    He is still a dick smoker.

A victorious dick smoker, but a dick smoker nonetheless.

I thought that was why people flocked to Trump? :D

Back to the 2A thing, this is a 1 step forward-1 step back dance routine with the GOP candidate and GOP voters. I mean, he DID NOT have to say what he said, in that venue. He was doing great. The SCOTUS theme is all he needs.

But then he devolves into this gun store revolutionary wannabe. Seriously, if someone said that - in an actual gun store - the regulars would roll their eyes and not take him seriously.

Just frustrating.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I thought that was why people flocked to Trump? :D

Back to the 2A thing, this is a 1 step forward-1 step back dance routine with the GOP candidate and GOP voters. I mean, he DID NOT have to say what he said, in that venue. He was doing great. The SCOTUS theme is all he needs.

But then he devolves into this gun store revolutionary wannabe. Seriously, if someone said that - in an actual gun store - the regulars would roll their eyes and not take him seriously.

Just frustrating.

For the premise he framed it in, it's a perfectly reasonable statement if an individual knows the constitution and the declaration of independence.

Was only a warning for those seeking to become a despotic ruler who would consider taking away the people's defenses, unless someone actually intends on doing that, they shouldn't see anything threatening in that statement at all.

That's like someone taking offense to being warned they'll be ticketed if they drive without a seatbelt. Pretty simple way to avoid problems, PUT ON A SEATBELT.

People should be celebrating his comment as one of the first times a presidential candidate acknowledges the rights of the people, and not just the comfortable and pretty ones.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    For the premise he framed it in, it's a perfectly reasonable statement if an individual knows the constitution and the declaration of independence.

Was only a warning for those seeking to become a despotic ruler who would consider taking away the people's defenses, unless someone actually intends on doing that, they shouldn't see anything threatening in that statement at all.

That's like someone taking offense to being warned they'll be ticketed if they drive without a seatbelt. Pretty simple way to avoid problems, PUT ON A SEATBELT.

People should be celebrating his comment as one of the first times a presidential candidate acknowledges the rights of the people, and not just the comfortable and pretty ones.

I think you're giving him too much credit. It was a joke. That's all. And the press is seizing on it to fill the air with something other than stories about Hillary's corruption. It's also another unforced error. Trump should realize, you know, given his YUGE brain and all, that he needs to navigate the airwaves as if it were a minefield. Playing mine sweeper worked in the primaries when 40% of the voters didn't give a **** what he said. But when your numbers are diluted by the general electorate, the percentage of people who don't give a **** is much less.

I get that you guys like that he's not politically correct, and I've remarked that I like that as well. But but being careful about what he says when most of the press is against him is not political correctness. Right now, as we're finding out more about the depths of Hillary's corruption, the only thing I want to hear from Trump is solid policy. Boring policy. So boring that the press should have nothing else to talk about but Hillary's corruption. But Trump can't help himself.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Getting my tee shirt professionally printed with

KISS MY
    TRUMP

is going to cost ten bucks.
    Money well spent.

raptrbreth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    New Palestine
    I think you're giving him too much credit. It was a joke. That's all. And the press is seizing on it to fill the air with something other than stories about Hillary's corruption. It's also another unforced error. Trump should realize, you know, given his YUGE brain and all, that he needs to navigate the airwaves as if it were a minefield. Playing mine sweeper worked in the primaries when 40% of the voters didn't give a **** what he said. But when your numbers are diluted by the general electorate, the percentage of people who don't give a **** is much less.

I get that you guys like that he's not politically correct, and I've remarked that I like that as well. But but being careful about what he says when most of the press is against him is not political correctness. Right now, as we're finding out more about the depths of Hillary's corruption, the only thing I want to hear from Trump is solid policy. Boring policy. So boring that the press should have nothing else to talk about but Hillary's corruption. But Trump can't help himself.
    I think that he is doing anything to keep his name in the news so he doesn't have to spend any of his meager campaign funds. He might change strategy if he can fill the coffers.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think that he is doing anything to keep his name in the news so he doesn't have to spend any of his meager campaign funds. He might change strategy if he can fill the coffers.
    Strategy? Yeah, maybe it's strategy. I'm not sure he can so easily change this strategy when it lines up so well with his pathological nature.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

As a matter of history, and political philosophy, I do not disagree. At all. Like, none.

But, in terms of electing people to public office and protecting our 2A rights from every side, we gots problems.

1) People running for office, IF they are going to say that (and they shouldn't), need to be very specific about the context. Otherwise, this happens. It is the lack of clarity that comes from amateurism. From going off-script. From trying to be funny about an unfunny topic. When a candidate says it, it sounds like a threat: "Elect me or there'll be a revolution." WAY more voters don't like that than understand it.

2) (This is what really sticks in my craw.) He furthered the stereotype of hotheaded 2A supporters. I mean, unless you believe HRC should be assassinated. But again, if he were saying that stuff in a gun store and said 2A people should take matters into their own hands, he would not be taken seriously. Fundamentally, he is willing to feed the stereotype. He. Is. Not. One. Of. Us.

It's also another unforced error. Trump should realize, you know, given his YUGE brain and all, that he needs to navigate the airwaves as if it were a minefield. ... but being careful about what he says when most of the press is against him is not political correctness. Right now, as we're finding out more about the depths of Hillary's corruption, the only thing I want to hear from Trump is solid policy. Boring policy. So boring that the press should have nothing else to talk about but Hillary's corruption. But Trump can't help himself.

^^ Yeah, all this, too.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    left left and left.......not news propaganda.....

Don't be lazy.

1. Reuters/Ipsos poll. What's leftist about it? What would that even matter? They polled Republicans.
    2. Do you refute the Russian ties that his buddies seem to have?
    3. This is just a thing that's happening. They want to investigate it. I doubt they'll get anything from it though, just for show probably. But also not "propaganda"

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

I actually draw a distinction between the business guys in Russia and the political ones. I witnessed first hand the efforts to monetize contacts with Russia after the wall came down. There was real money to be made, and it only made sense to seek it out. In that process, you get to know people. If those people survive the various ups and downs of business/political life in Russia, then you do really well over the long haul. This Lorber guy sounds more like that.

It isn't about the politics, it is about the money. The politics is just part of the game.

Guys like Manafort are the ones that I'm REALLY suspicious about. Those are the guys for whom the politics WAS the game.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Don't be lazy.

1. Reuters/Ipsos poll. What's leftist about it? What would that even matter? They polled Republicans.
    2. Do you refute the Russian ties that his buddies seem to have?
    3. This is just a thing that's happening. They want to investigate it. I doubt they'll get anything from it though, just for show probably. But also not "propaganda"

"seem"....is the key word.....show facts not the seem's like.......left "seems" to jump to conclusions on lots of things so i see it as propaganda to advance the left....

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    "seem"....is the key word.....show facts not the seem's like.......left "seems" to jump to conclusions on lots of things so i see it as propaganda to advance the left....

"Seem" is the key part of how the left (and NeverTrumpers) have been trying to paint him into a corner. Guilt by association is a long-used smear tactic and is being used here to distract from Hillary's real financial links to Russia. Remember the Panama Papers?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom