• Status
    Not open for further replies.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    And then this.

Wonder if it intentionally coincided with Baldy McDude saying he would enter the race.

Republican security experts rail against Trump in open letter - BBC News

An open letter signed by 50 Republican national security experts warned that party nominee Donald Trump "would be the most reckless president" in US history.
    The group - which includes the former CIA director Michael Hayden - said Mr Trump "lacks the character, values and experience" to be president.
    Many of the signatories had declined to sign a similar note in March.
    "He appears to lack basic knowledge about and belief in the US Constitution, US laws, and US institutions, including religious tolerance, freedom of the press, and an independent judiciary."
    Missing from the letter were former secretaries of state Henry Kissinger, George P Shultz, James A Baker III, Colin Powel and Condoleezza Rice.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So, here's someone else opining on a way for Trump to drop out. I kinda had this in the back of my mind all along. Trump as kingmaker is more fitting with his personality that Trump as POTUS.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/09/o...-pence-should-get-trump-to-withdraw.html?_r=0

It also may've been the only reason Pence got on board, since he was going to run next time anyway.

How many Trumpers wouldn't show up to vote? Why do you think the RNC didn't pull any shenanigans at the convention?

And then this.

Wonder if it intentionally coincided with Baldy McDude saying he would enter the race.

Think of it this way. If Trump somehow pulled it off, there would be a real reason for everyone to get behind reigning in the power of the President. That's an overall plus I'd score in Trump's favor. Of course that doesn't offset the reckless part anywhere near enough, but some.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    How many Trumpers wouldn't show up to vote? Why do you think the RNC didn't pull any shenanigans at the convention?

The difference here is that it would be Trump making the decisions - he'd be pulling the strings of this marionettes.

That would feed is need to control things.

Think of it this way. If Trump somehow pulled it off, there would be a real reason for everyone to get behind reigning in the power of the President. That's an overall plus I'd score in Trump's favor. Of course that doesn't offset the reckless part anywhere near enough, but some.

I'll give you that - if we lasted that long.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    And then this.

Oh please! While not wishing to belittle the unprecedented seriousness of this open letter, it's a bit specious to hear the folks who listened in on all of our phonecalls and emails and social media opining about the sanctity of the constitution.

I certainly haven't forgotten what Snowden uncovered. These people venerate the constitution only when it suits their purpose

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Doesn't seem to be spending money like a guy that wants to win.

Cpa-d6VXYAErcva.jpg:large

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Oh please! While not wishing to belittle the unprecedented seriousness of this open letter, it's a bit specious to hear the folks who listened in on all of our phonecalls and emails and social media opining about the sanctity of the constitution.

I certainly haven't forgotten what Snowden uncovered. These people venerate the constitution only when it suits their purpose

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to BugI02 again."

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    Also off of that page, what is up with this Vote Vets PAC, don't they know Hillary voted for the Iraq war, not to mention her disasters in Libya, and Syria.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom