• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Correct me if I'm wrong. But Trey Gowdy hasn't introduced a piece of legislation that has become law in the last 4 years.

Not a fan of Obama. Not a fan of Gowdy. They are both wasting our time.

You consider that standing as a check and balance to be a waste of time? No, I'd say he's doing a darn fine job. One of the few people who are intelligent enough to actually belong in office.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    they are all "suggestions" till they are law.....

That's a little disingenuous don't you think? I think it's difficult to believe that Trump's statement is nothing more than a rollback of his more ridiculous promises. For instance his border wall. He said he WAS going to build it. Not maybe, not possibly, not a suggestion, but rather he spoke as if it was a done deal if he were to be elected. Since he said "everything." I can safely include his wall as a point of contention. Do you think his rhetoric, concerning that, was a "suggestion?"

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    That's a little disingenuous don't you think? I think it's difficult to believe that Trump's statement is nothing more than a rollback of his more ridiculous promises. For instance his border wall. He said he WAS going to build it. Not maybe, not possibly, not a suggestion, but rather he spoke as if it was a done deal if he were to be elected. Since he said "everything." I can safely include his wall as a point of contention. Do you think his rhetoric, concerning that, was a "suggestion?"

I don't think the wall is a suggestion, it's a cornerstone of his campaign. I personally don't care if it's metaphorical of better enforcement or if it's literal, as long as it works.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County

no rhertoric.....i'm with him we need a wall!!!!

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Trump on fighting the Zika virus.

Screenshot_20160803-231100_zpsgmvawfzc.png

Every single thing he says sounds like it's coming from a kid trying to fake his way through a book report for a book he didn't read.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Trump on fighting the Zika virus.

Every single thing he says sounds like it's coming from a kid trying to fake his way through a book report for a book he didn't read.

LOL

Now that I mostly agree with......

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Trump is the executive. Ben Carson or someone of like talent will be managing zika and all other healthcare issues in his administration. Trump will do what he is good at and so will they.

On the alternative, Obama is "handling it" by blaming the republicans... :rolleyes:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Correct me if I'm wrong. But Trey Gowdy hasn't introduced a piece of legislation that has become law in the last 4 years.

Not a fan of Obama. Not a fan of Gowdy. They are both wasting our time.

Well, he must not have a pen and a phone. It certainly is harder to do it the old fashioned way. And how many bad laws were stillborn because of his efforts

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    What's an example of what he should have said? Deport the mosquitoes?

How about, "Zika is very important concern. We have seen it has the ability to spread quickly across large areas. As president, my first priority concerning the virus would be to inform the public on how to protect themselves from it, especially pregnant women, while working aggressively with the CDC to find a solution to combat it spreading. In the meantime, I hope the governor of Florida is taking all precautions to protect his state, and creating a firewall to prevent it from moving to other places."

How hard is that? In less words, I exhibited knowledge of the virus, a plan, and a hopeful outcome. Trump just defers to Gov Scott, and doesn't prove he has any real knowledge of virus, nor a plan to combat it.
    Trump is a guy that I seriously wonder if he has the diversity of knowledge, and intelligence, to hold the highest office in the land.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Fox News Poll: Clinton leads Trump by 10 points, both seen as flawed | Fox News

Looks like the country will be continuing the current path for a very, VERY long time. Swinging the SCOTUS to the other side at the same time continuing POTUS on the new completely different liberal/social side will change this country. A 10-point lead is more than significant. Romney was doing better at this point and took a thorough shellacking. This is the point at which the conservative view is lost I'm afraid. I consider myself a fiscal conservative and social moderate to liberal, but can't remember the last time there was a true fiscal conservative in office. We may never have one again and it may well be too late already.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Well...whatever it was, I'm sure there was no malicious intent. Does she qualify for immunity yet? Or does she have to get her husband elected first?

Technically would need to get her husband elected.

How f'd up would that be, though?

"Hey everybody, part of the reason I wanted to run for POTUS is because there's been some illegal things my family's been involved in, and I wanted to pardon them."

Oofta.

And, immigration law doesn't care if there was malicious intent or not. It is pretty much a checklist kinda thing. If the right boxes aren't checked, the person is illegal.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    Fox News Poll: Clinton leads Trump by 10 points, both seen as flawed | Fox News

Looks like the country will be continuing the current path for a very, VERY long time. Swinging the SCOTUS to the other side at the same time continuing POTUS on the new completely different liberal/social side will change this country. A 10-point lead is more than significant. Romney was doing better at this point and took a thorough shellacking. This is the point at which the conservative view is lost I'm afraid. I consider myself a fiscal conservative and social moderate to liberal, but can't remember the last time there was a true fiscal conservative in office. We may never have one again and it may well be too late already.

How did those summer polls workout in 1980?

Summer of 1980 Poll Flashback: Carter 39%, Reagan 32%, Anderson 21% - The Rush Limbaugh Show

Many parallels in this race to the 1980 Reagan, Carter race.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Don't forget the mob apologists

I'm here...Sorry, the computer was down yesterday...That storm last week killed my fax machine, my credit card machine, and a decent sized branch in my maple...Okay so where was I.....

Trump is going to be President and you all are too worried about that...Every morning for the past year I have turned on the news to see the talking heads lead in story...It always starts like this...

"Bad news for the Trump campaign..."

"Trump is in hot water over comments he made concerning...."

"Controversy is swirling around the Trump campaign this morning...."

"Trump in hot water again as the President of the US...Yes our current president, still in office, is saying Trump is unfit to hold office...We will talk about how George W Bush did not do that when Obama was running...Not because he has class, but because he is stupid and is from (gross) Texas....Coming up at the top of the hour, we will have people from our Upper East Side NYC bubble that totally agree with the president's assessment and also will add how dumb people are that live in Middle America...So Chad...Just how stupid are Hoosiers and are there smart ones that agree with us????"

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    How did those summer polls workout in 1980?

Summer of 1980 Poll Flashback: Carter 39%, Reagan 32%, Anderson 21% - The Rush Limbaugh Show

Many parallels in this race to the 1980 Reagan, Carter race.

Well, really not many parallels. Or, I'm interested in what you consider to be parallels, other than the Dem ahead in national polls.

The candidates are starkly different. The parties are different. The electorate is different. Polling is different.

Oh, and in that link:
    It is why I say to you every day, if the election were held today, I think that Romney would win in a landslide. And I mean it, I'm not just whistling Dixie, and I'm not trying to be falsely optimistic or anything of the sort.

LOL

That link is from 4 years ago. Evidence, although not proof, that 1980 isn't necessarily a good predictor of today.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom