• repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    GRRRRRRR......
    if I want to carry a 9 in that size I have a m11-a1 or the P228.... why am I still tempted.
    Have both those as well and still thinking of a P229 Legion. Although, I'd have to get holster and whatnot. But I do want one with a rail.

Indynic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    Parts Unknown
    and different trigger, grips, and P224 sized controls.

"Different" yes, but actually better is debatable as seen on the vids. I paid $350 less brand new for the P226 Elite TALO than I could have bought the Legion. I couldn't justify that for the difference in the two guns.

The only thing I would value more that sight set up on the Legion. Still not worth $350 to me.

Doublehelix

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    "Different" yes, but actually better is debatable as seen on the vids. I paid $350 less brand new for the P226 Elite TALO than I could have bought the Legion. I couldn't justify that for the difference in the two guns.

The only thing I would value more that sight set up on the Legion. Still not worth $350 to me.

Of course everyone is going to like different trigger setups, that is a given, and the Legion trigger may not appeal to everyone, but I can say, I LOVE MINE! Best trigger in a 9 mm I have ever seen to be honest.

I loved the xray sights, but for my old eyes, I really need the fiber optic sights that explode out of the gun, so I actually swapped my xray sights for a set of TruGlo sights that I am absolutely in love with as well.

As far as the price goes, I paid $1,050 brand new at Point Blank at their President's Day Sig sale. This is for the P226 Legion SAO.

Dino Bravo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 20, 2015
    Cumberland
    LOL, you just can't stop those Sigs from getting out and rounding up friends!

I'm going to stir up a nest here. I have converted to Sigs from CZs. I do not like CZs. On most of them in double action the trigger is too far away for me to grip the gun properly and squeeze. Also, the CZ P-07 I owned had a trigger that was WAY too light in single action. I traded the P-07 for a SW Shield. So my weapons now are Sig/SW. Not everyone is enamored with CZs. Sigs all the way!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Someone over at SigTalk bought a P220 Legion, so they are shipping finally.

Why did you have to tell me that?

I'm going to stir up a nest here. I have converted to Sigs from CZs. I do not like CZs. On most of them in double action the trigger is too far away for me to grip the gun properly and squeeze. Also, the CZ P-07 I owned had a trigger that was WAY too light in single action. I traded the P-07 for a SW Shield. So my weapons now are Sig/SW. Not everyone is enamored with CZs. Sigs all the way!

The person whose opinion led me back to Sigs was also a CZ shooter.

CZs are great guns, but I can't reach the trigger in double action and I can't reach the thumb safety/decocker at all except with my support hand. I also see a noteworthy frequency of broken springs and small parts on CZs in USPSA matches, or at least I did for a couple of years.

The CZ hit squad will be arriving soon :-)

1cfd44c4ba720a6fa4cdd86bf774b10f.jpg

41szNHTmuYL._SY300_.jpg

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

It's all subjective. For reach, CGW makes a reach reduction kit that helps with the trigger reach issue. Works for me, but I'm sure it doesn't work for everyone. Shoot and own what you like, I plan to do the same. ;)

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Different guns for different folks. That's why when I bring out a new shooter, I bring out wide variety and let them pick. I have more Sigs then others because I like shooting them more and for different reasons too, but I try to let a shooter pick what is best for them. Some love revolvers and I enjoy the crap out of shooting them, but reloads for me take too long. Others can reload a revolver while I'm still dropping the magazine, so they are definitely good there.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I was hoping to get to shoot my new Sig P320 Compact in 9x19 this week, but life got in the way. I thought I might pick up a holster, mag carrier and a couple of mags. I thought wrong! Apparently Sig P320 C 9x19 mags are made of unobtainium!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I was hoping to get to shoot my new Sig P320 Compact in 9x19 this week, but life got in the way. I thought I might pick up a holster, mag carrier and a couple of mags. I thought wrong! Apparently Sig P320 C 9x19 mags are made of unobtainium!
    I was lucky to get some extras stocked up before the pistol got picked by the military and got really hot in the gun market again.

Top Bottom