• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It's all subjective. For reach, CGW makes a reach reduction kit that helps with the trigger reach issue. Works for me, but I'm sure it doesn't work for everyone. Shoot and own what you like, I plan to do the same. ;)

That doesn't help with the safety, though!

Today I finally have to admit that the Tac Ops grip is too big for my hands. Fortunately I have an E2 kit handy. No mag well, but I'll be able to shoot it better.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    "Different" yes, but actually better is debatable as seen on the vids. I paid $350 less brand new for the P226 Elite TALO than I could have bought the Legion. I couldn't justify that for the difference in the two guns.

The only thing I would value more that sight set up on the Legion. Still not worth $350 to me.

Grips were really the only thing I liked. The sights don't do it for me, I prefer Trijicon HD or a fiber optic to that dark green front sight. I can see the P224 sized controls being handy, but my grip doesn't interfere with slide lock any longer. The trigger...meh. Standard DA/SA polished up a bit (or Sig Custom Shop AEP) is better for me. I'm also not a fan of over travel stops in a serious use gun.

I was really excited about the Legion guns until I handled one.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Who's making good kydex for the 320, yet?
    would like to wear at 4 o'clock, inside waistband, tuck would be nice but not deal breaker
    Yeah, the full size one that came with my P320 compact is a holster, but good? Well, that's another story. I'm going to my local shop today. They make kydex holsters on the premises and will make to order for a very reasonable price (under $30).

Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    Caught me by surprise and it struck again...
    [FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]
    [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=.SFUIText][/FONT][FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText][/FONT][/FONT]

Last edited:

Dino Bravo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 20, 2015
    Cumberland
    It's all subjective. For reach, CGW makes a reach reduction kit that helps with the trigger reach issue. Works for me, but I'm sure it doesn't work for everyone. Shoot and own what you like, I plan to do the same. ;)
    I won't buy a gun I have to modify to work for me. It needs to fit me and work from day one. No buying trigger kits, grip mods, any of that. Just clean, oil and start shooting. The 320 does that perfectly for me.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Today I finally have to admit that the Tac Ops grip is too big for my hands. Fortunately I have an E2 kit handy. No mag well, but I'll be able to shoot it better.

Couldn't stand it any longer. This morning about 02:30 I put an E2 grip on the Tac Ops.

It fits me better now and the trigger pull is significantly lighter due to the change from the short mainspring guide to the long version that goes with the E2.

Win-win!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I won't buy a gun I have to modify to work for me. It needs to fit me and work from day one. No buying trigger kits, grip mods, any of that. Just clean, oil and start shooting. The 320 does that perfectly for me.

I feel the same way about a carry gun. Range guns I have no problems modifying, but prefer my carry gun to be as stock as possible.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm going to stir up a nest here. I have converted to Sigs from CZs. I do not like CZs. On most of them in double action the trigger is too far away for me to grip the gun properly and squeeze. Also, the CZ P-07 I owned had a trigger that was WAY too light in single action. I traded the P-07 for a SW Shield. So my weapons now are Sig/SW. Not everyone is enamored with CZs. Sigs all the way!

Viva le Differance! The world would be a boring place if everyone was into the same thing. I'm into CZs, 1911s and Glocks, with a minor in Sigs. I'm happy that we live in a country that respects our right to own what we want, so no hate coming from this quarter.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Viva le Differance! The world would be a boring place if everyone was into the same thing. I'm into CZs, 1911s and Glocks, with a minor in Sigs. I'm happy that we live in a country that respects our right to own what we want, so no hate coming from this quarter.

That's what sets us apart from the Liberals. We don't care if someone does something differently from ourselves, as long as no one is getting hurt... ;)

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Couldn't stand it any longer. This morning about 02:30 I put an E2 grip on the Tac Ops.

It fits me better now and the trigger pull is significantly lighter due to the change from the short mainspring guide to the long version that goes with the E2.

Win-win!
    I didn't know that changing to an E2 grip would change the trigger like that. I'll have to look into it for my M11-a1. You know if there are any after market grips for it?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I didn't know that changing to an E2 grip would change the trigger like that. I'll have to look into it for my M11-a1. You know if there are any after market grips for it?

The P229 E2 grip might work, but I don't know how the trigger pull will change. I've only done it on a couple of P226s.

Top Bottom