• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    True on the time. Most people don't carry a spare magazine, let alone a backup pistol. Although, lots of people carry knives as tools and forget they can be weapons as well. But back to the topic, good on them practicing and training. Maybe a class and clearing jams would be a great class. Because 7 to 10 seconds is a long time, should be able to clear in less than 5. Granted, I'm not a pistoler, but I've had to clear a good amount of jams.

For a true double feed, 7-10 seconds to get back into working order is actually reasonable. First you have to recognize what is happening because a non-diagnostic, immediate action (i.e. tap, rack, bang) won't fix it, but that's what you try first unless you see the double feed. Then you have to strip the offending magazine, which may or may not require locking the slide to the rear depending the model of gun, then you have to rack the slide a few times vigorously, then reload, and finally resume the activities that were interrupted.

Other, simpler malfunctions are simpler and quicker to fix.

Going on the road for a few days. I decided to take the P320 for road duty.
    Left the P226 w/light on the bedside for the wife.

Well, the wife should have the superior weapon, but you should have one for yourself as well. The P320 and all of those other new fangled plastic pistols are just a fad! A fad, I tell you!

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Anyone with experience on the 357Sig round? I've been reading great reviews, other than price. Thinking of getting that and using 9mm for practice

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I think the US Secret Service still carry the Sig P229 in .357 Sig. I would think they would use a good round.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Well, the wife should have the superior weapon, but you should have one for yourself as well. The P320 and all of those other new fangled plastic pistols are just a fad! A fad, I tell you!

I like your way of thinking... I should have taken the P228...

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I like your way of thinking... I should have taken the P228...
    I have a 228, still love it, probably more than my newer one. Guess I'm a Fudd.
    I have one 40 cal now, most of my others are 9. Lots cheaper on ammo, but hearing the ballistics on the 357Sig, it's got me thinking

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    I got my first Sig about 3 months ago. I just had to see what all the fuss was about. Now I have 3. I am glad they reproduce otherwise I would have to explain them to my wife.

One is a 40 and I just picked up a 357 barrel for it. I cannot wait to try it.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I got my first Sig about 3 months ago. I just had to see what all the fuss was about. Now I have 3. I am glad they reproduce otherwise I would have to explain them to my wife.

I wish mine would reproduce, save a lot more money for ammo to feed them. Hahaha. Which Sigs do you have?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

It is hard not to keep getting "one more". Next thing you know, you don't know how many of them are around the house...

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    My first was a 2022, in 40. Then last weekend I got 2. A P220 Super Match and a 9mm 2022.

Hoping to get another Sig in September for my birthday! But I am not sure which one next.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    My first was a 2022, in 40. Then last weekend I got 2. A P220 Super Match and a 9mm 2022.

Hoping to get another Sig in September for my birthday! But I am not sure which one next.
    hmmm... sounds like someone needs a P226. Unless you want a single stack then a P239 or P225a1

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I picked up my first long extractor Sig, a 9mm Enhanced Elite. I have been trying to not buy any new guns this year, but the bargain was too much to resist.

I have to say I like the E2 grips. The only other Sig I have with them is the P227 Carry. I'm mulling looking to trade the Carry for a full size P227, but haven't made the leap yet.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I picked up my first long extractor Sig, a 9mm Enhanced Elite. I have been trying to not buy any new guns this year, but the bargain was too much to resist.

I have to say I like the E2 grips. The only other Sig I have with them is the P227 Carry. I'm mulling looking to trade the Carry for a full size P227, but haven't made the leap yet.
    That deal at CDNN? That was a good price.

Indynic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    Parts Unknown
    The new TALO Sig P226 Stainless Elite. The difference is that it has the aluminum alloy frame. It's the P226 that I have been waiting for them to make...

It's my first "real" Sig. Wife has a p238.

First shot in DA at 10 yards was dead center of the bullseye. I'm very impressed with this piece.

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    The new TALO Sig P226 Stainless Elite. The difference is that it has the aluminum alloy frame. It's the P226 that I have been waiting for them to make...

First shot in DA at 10 yards was dead center of the bullseye. I'm very impressed with this piece.

Very nice!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

Oh, that's easy. You need The Sig . . . P226, 9mm.

hmmm... sounds like someone needs a P226. Unless you want a single stack then a P239 or P225a1

Correct!

The E2 grips and a short trigger are what made it possible for me go back to Sigs. I wish I had known about them when they first debuted, but life is better now.

That's a sweet pistola, sir.

Top Bottom