• ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I can’t believe that that’s the best carry gun trigger you’ve ever fired. Have you ever tried a CZ? Especially one that’s been worked on?
    Oh the trigger sucks. I like the position of it, but that's about it. Subcompacts usually have crummy triggers but the Sig is for sure low middle of the pack.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've moved my 9mm P226 DA/SA from nightstand duty to carry duty lately. A P220 DA/SA will take up nightstand duty for a while now. The P226 carries really well for a full size pistol. It's really not much different in size than the P229. The P229 has a half inch shorter slide but a wider grip. Grip length is about the same on both depending on mags and base plates. Weight is identical. I typically don't carry full size guns due to barrel length making them uncomfortable when sitting. But, I've not felt too much of that lately. I'm down about 20 lbs since the last time I tried to regularly carry a full size gun, so maybe that helps.

This particular 9mm P226 is actually a .40 that is running a factory 9mm barrel and spring. It's gotten about 1000 rounds through it with zero issues and the same level of accuracy in this config, so it's good to go for carry. My other P226s are either factory 9mm or .40s. Half of the .40 P226s and P229s are running .357 Sig barrels. A P229 in .357 Sig is another really nice carry gun.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Wondering if we will see the Legion RXP's in such models as 226 and 229 released with some of the updated Sig optics? Anyone hearing anything on that?

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Anybody running ana RMR footprint optic using an adapter plate on a Sig P229 or P226 Legion to run an RMR footprint optic?

My understanding from reading is that even with the Sig slides that have RMR holes in addition to the DPP footprint holes, that an adapter plate such as this https://chpws.com/product/sig-p226-...-407c-507c-508c-508t/comment-page-4/#comments is needed.

Anyone running this or another plate to run an RMR footprint? If so, what optic are you running?

Thinking about whether to run a plate and an RMR footprint or go with a Holosun SCS320 which should natively fit the DPP cut.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Anybody running ana RMR footprint optic using an adapter plate on a Sig P229 or P226 Legion to run an RMR footprint optic?

My understanding from reading is that even with the Sig slides that have RMR holes in addition to the DPP footprint holes, that an adapter plate such as this https://chpws.com/product/sig-p226-...-407c-507c-508c-508t/comment-page-4/#comments is needed.

Anyone running this or another plate to run an RMR footprint? If so, what optic are you running?

Thinking about whether to run a plate and an RMR footprint or go with a Holosun SCS320 which should natively fit the DPP cut.
    Don’t know about 229 226 slides drilled for both, but iirc the couple of 320 slides I have drilled for both, the rmr fits without an adapter plate. But it is Sig so…

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Don’t know about 229 226 slides drilled for both, but iirc the couple of 320 slides I have drilled for both, the rmr fits without an adapter plate. But it is Sig so…
    From reading this it may not be required but seems to be recommended :

Although they are in the business to sell stuff so not sure.

Midwestjimbo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Highland
    What to watch out for. I've been watching a P228 in a used gun case. From running a search here and WWW, I'm not finding much recent on what they are worth. I've handled it , but only with the trigger lock installed. Can't even rack the slide so I would be taking a chance with it. So, is there anything I should be looking for specific to a German P228? It's been sitting for at least a month. Obvious wear on the slide.

Attachments

• IMG_20240718_102044.jpg
      IMG_20240718_102044.jpg
      602.2 KB · Views: 17

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    What to watch out for. I've been watching a P228 in a used gun case. From running a search here and WWW, I'm not finding much recent on what they are worth. I've handled it , but only with the trigger lock installed. Can't even rack the slide so I would be taking a chance with it. So, is there anything I should be looking for specific to a German P228? It's been sitting for at least a month. Obvious wear on the slide.
    That's actually not a bad price, most on GB right now have starting bids above that. A few on completed auctions had sold for a bit less but in the end 599.00 is not a bad deal. You'd be surprised what a good coat of oil will do to a Sig slide or they are easy to strip and have someone run some cerakote.

Midwestjimbo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Highland
    That's actually not a bad price, most on GB right now have starting bids above that. A few on completed auctions had sold for a bit less but in the end 599.00 is not a bad deal. You'd be surprised what a good coat of oil will do to a Sig slide or they are easy to strip and have someone run some cerakote.
    Thanks for the reply. I wasn't finding much on them. It just fit my hand so well. Hate not being able to work the slide, dry fire something used. I'm surprised it's been sitting for so long.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Thanks for the reply. I wasn't finding much on them. It just fit my hand so well. Hate not being able to work the slide, dry fire something used. I'm surprised it's been sitting for so long.
    525-550 for that one would be better though, there are nicer ones out there on GB for not much more but then you have shipping/transfer etc.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Never ever buy a German made sig that
    A-has a frame that’s been ceracoated or refinished
    B-that you can’t take apart and inspect the frame rails!

Read this blog post by Bruce Gray, if you don’t know who he is, he’s the best Sig Sauer gunsmith anyone could send their gun to, or buy parts for your sigs from!

He’s the smith for the sig sauer shooting team!

After reading this blog post, I’ve walked away from a couple of sigs!

Midwestjimbo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Highland
    Never ever buy a German made sig that
    A-has a frame that’s been ceracoated or refinished
    B-that you can’t take apart and inspect the frame rails!

Read this blog post by Bruce Gray, if you don’t know who he is, he’s the best Sig Sauer gunsmith anyone could send their gun to, or buy parts for your sigs from!

He’s the smith for the sig sauer shooting team!

After reading this blog post, I’ve walked away from a couple of sigs!
    Thanks. Saw that when I was surfing today, but didn't have time to read it. I have it bookmarked.

Top Bottom