• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    A quick old and new picture. Have had the P210 standard for a while and picked up the 1965 P210-1 today. Found it on here and it was exactly what I'd been looking for, all numbers matching, in great original condition, no import marks, etc.
    View attachment 364468
    Okay those sigs do look good..

Sig can make good looking guns, they just choose not to mostly...LOL

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Oh lord, I could get going on this one too....

7x P320, including an m18x, and an axg scorpion...

322, 522, and a p250 plus p365 lol

Looking for a nice 226 legion deal as a next sig I think...
    Just posted a deal on this in the firearms deals thread. It's the 226 legion optic ready, but da/sa version

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Just posted a deal on this in the firearms deals thread. It's the 226 legion optic ready, but da/sa version
    That IS a good deal. I just finished a frankengun P226 build with most of those features, and thought I was saving money doing it my way. When you factor in the cost of milling, I'm pretty sure I spent more than that by the time it was done. I'm very happy with how mine turned out, but it took more time and lacks the factory warranty and resale value you'd get by just buying that Legion.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    That is a solid deal for sure - I just picked up a couple cans and some unexpected firearms from a used case locally, so may not jump on this deal, but definitely appreciate the heads up
    Yeah, I'm looking for preferably a 229 SAO optic ready and been watching these. Sig has really pushed on their MAP restrictions on pricing so finding deals is few and far between these days.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    God help me, I've become everything I hate. I've become a cliche. I've become...a Sig owner. :toilet2:

And in the worst way, too. You know what I can't stand? People posting their gun store impulse purchases. Hurr hurr, walked in to get ammo, walked out with this $1000 gun! Hurr hurr wife gon' be angry! Hurr hurr rent money! What do you think, guys? :ugh:

Well that's exactly what I did. Went to pick up an unrelated gunsmith project. Been thinking for a while about a next-gen replacement for my Gen 1 Shield, to take advantage of all these magic high capacities people are talking about. Shield Plus, Dagger Micro, 43x, something like that. A little while back, somebody at a match put a P365 XMacro in my hand, and I thought oh, this is pretty neat. Carries more ammo than my Shield plus a reload. Carries more ammo than my USP9c, which is my usual "more gun" carry. It stuck in my mind.

I don't like Sig. I don't like their magazine markup. I don't like their brand tax. I don't like that they bribe our military with hookers and blow so they buy overpriced Sig trash that doesn't work. But I walked out today with a P365 X-Macro Comp and a paired Romeo-X. I ran the numbers on the gun and the optic in the store and the price was reasonable. I put a box through it at their range to quickie zero the optic and see if any of the hype was real.

These things are pretty sick. I will give credit where due, Sig makes a gun that feels like a premium product. The grip feels fantastic, nailing that "skinny full size" vibe. Night sights already included. Trigger is mediocre, but I do really like the forward position of the trigger, because I have larger hands and hate pinching my finger on triggers that bottom out all the way back in the trigger guard. It does have that rubber o-ring thud I associate with 320s. I am an M&P/Beretta/1911 grip angle guy, so I picked this gun right up.

One of the things I loved about my Shield was the barrel porting, which really did help with barrel flip on a tiny gun. The comp is not the same thing, but it does seem to have a subtle effect. The long grip helps with that light plastic gun flip, too. It still pops a little more than my USP9c or any of my full sizes, but it's quite pleasant to shoot for a carry gun.

The Romeo-X is...a dot. That's about all I got. My big shooting project this year has been to learn red dot shooting, so I'm no expert yet. Circle dot is a little busy, I like the ACSS chevron on my other gun better, but it's perfectly usable. Bit of a bummer the Sig dot has no auto brightness capability, I would like that on a carry gun. Then again, the auto brightness died on my Holosun after 100 rounds...

The Shield is my regular AIWB gun, the USP9c is my bag gun that I can also AIWB when needed. I think this gun will replace them both. 17 rounds is freaking nuts in a gun that is shorter and only a whisper taller than my USP9c at 13, and only half an inch longer and a tiny bit taller than my Shield while feeling just as skinny.

Dunno if I'm a total Sig convert now, but it's hard to pick this gun up and not feel like it's the future of concealed carry. Wild capacity, dot from the factory, compensated, it subjectively feels much more cutting edge than anything I've carried to date.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    God help me, I've become everything I hate. I've become a cliche. I've become...a Sig owner. :toilet2:

And in the worst way, too. You know what I can't stand? People posting their gun store impulse purchases. Hurr hurr, walked in to get ammo, walked out with this $1000 gun! Hurr hurr wife gon' be angry! Hurr hurr rent money! What do you think, guys? :ugh:

Well that's exactly what I did. Went to pick up an unrelated gunsmith project. Been thinking for a while about a next-gen replacement for my Gen 1 Shield, to take advantage of all these magic high capacities people are talking about. Shield Plus, Dagger Micro, 43x, something like that. A little while back, somebody at a match put a P365 XMacro in my hand, and I thought oh, this is pretty neat. Carries more ammo than my Shield plus a reload. Carries more ammo than my USP9c, which is my usual "more gun" carry. It stuck in my mind.

I don't like Sig. I don't like their magazine markup. I don't like their brand tax. I don't like that they bribe our military with hookers and blow so they buy overpriced Sig trash that doesn't work. But I walked out today with a P365 X-Macro Comp and a paired Romeo-X. I ran the numbers on the gun and the optic in the store and the price was reasonable. I put a box through it at their range to quickie zero the optic and see if any of the hype was real.

These things are pretty sick. I will give credit where due, Sig makes a gun that feels like a premium product. The grip feels fantastic, nailing that "skinny full size" vibe. Night sights already included. Trigger is mediocre, but I do really like the forward position of the trigger, because I have larger hands and hate pinching my finger on triggers that bottom out all the way back in the trigger guard. It does have that rubber o-ring thud I associate with 320s. I am an M&P/Beretta/1911 grip angle guy, so I picked this gun right up.

One of the things I loved about my Shield was the barrel porting, which really did help with barrel flip on a tiny gun. The comp is not the same thing, but it does seem to have a subtle effect. The long grip helps with that light plastic gun flip, too. It still pops a little more than my USP9c or any of my full sizes, but it's quite pleasant to shoot for a carry gun.

The Romeo-X is...a dot. That's about all I got. My big shooting project this year has been to learn red dot shooting, so I'm no expert yet. Circle dot is a little busy, I like the ACSS chevron on my other gun better, but it's perfectly usable. Bit of a bummer the Sig dot has no auto brightness capability, I would like that on a carry gun. Then again, the auto brightness died on my Holosun after 100 rounds...

The Shield is my regular AIWB gun, the USP9c is my bag gun that I can also AIWB when needed. I think this gun will replace them both. 17 rounds is freaking nuts in a gun that is shorter and only a whisper taller than my USP9c at 13, and only half an inch longer and a tiny bit taller than my Shield while feeling just as skinny.

Dunno if I'm a total Sig convert now, but it's hard to pick this gun up and not feel like it's the future of concealed carry. Wild capacity, dot from the factory, compensated, it subjectively feels much more cutting edge than anything I've carried to date.
    Hurr hurr, welcome.

Also, IMO you definitely don’t want an auto dimming dot. Even the premium Trijicons don’t work right all the time.

Good luck with the dot journey, it is the way. Just be willing to unlearn what you think you need to know and just know what you need to know.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Hurr hurr, welcome.

Also, IMO you definitely don’t want an auto dimming dot. Even the premium Trijicons don’t work right all the time.

Good luck with the dot journey, it is the way. Just be willing to unlearn what you think you need to know and just know what you need to know.
    I resisted the dot thing for a looooong time. But there is something to being able to go full both eyes open, target focused, and steer that big 'ol glowy boy to whatever you want to shoot.

Top Bottom