• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    This thread needs revived. The CZ guys are putting us to shame. Finally got everything back together and working again, figured it was time for a family pic:

View attachment 360149
    Left side, second from the bottom I need more info!…that one…it intrigues me!

Heel release, pw import,…if you say “38 super” in your reply I’ll have to get a hospital drool cup!…who am i kidding! I’m already drooling!…when people say “German made” they typically mean mid 80’s stamped slide… but true sig collectors know to add “heel release” to the “German made” description!

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Left side, second from the bottom I need more info!…that one…it intrigues me!

Heel release, pw import,…if you say “38 super” in your reply I’ll have to get a hospital drool cup!…who am i kidding! I’m already drooling!…when people say “German made” they typically mean mid 80’s stamped slide… but true sig collectors know to add “heel release” to the “German made” description!
    Sorry to disappoint. No heel release, and no .38 Super. It's just a P6 with a Factory P225 Hammer, P225 barrel (to get it to feed JHP), Sig SRT kit, and a Grayguns hammer strut to fix the insanely heavy factory P6 trigger pull. I still have all the original parts so it could easily go back to original config, but I'm more of a shooter than a collector so I had to make it practical.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Sorry to disappoint. No heel release, and no .38 Super. It's just a P6 with a Factory P225 Hammer, P225 barrel (to get it to feed JHP), Sig SRT kit, and a Grayguns hammer strut to fix the insanely heavy factory P6 trigger pull. I still have all the original parts so it could easily go back to original config, but I'm more of a shooter than a collector so I had to make it practical.
    Ah I see!…or I don’t see…I don’t see the cut out in the grip for the magazine release catch, that’s why I thought it was a heel release!

I wish I’d picked up a p6 before the surplus guns dried up!

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Ah I see!…or I don’t see…I don’t see the cut out in the grip for the magazine release catch, that’s why I thought it was a heel release!

I wish I’d picked up a p6 before the surplus guns dried up!
    I missed out on a lot of surplus deals as a broke college kid, but thankfully I did snag that one. It was the second handgun I ever bought, and I actually carried it for a few years because it was way easier to conceal than a full-size 92FS.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I missed out on a lot of surplus deals as a broke college kid, but thankfully I did snag that one. It was the second handgun I ever bought, and I actually carried it for a few years because it was way easier to conceal than a full-size 92FS.
    My first sig was a 239, picked it up in 93, it was used, and I got it used about 6 months after they were introduced (and I only paid 400 bucks for it!) when sig reintroduced the 225 a few years ago I was tempted to buy one, but the specs are close enough to the 239, that I didn’t see the point buying one.

I say that there are only two left on the “sig bucket list” a 230 or 232, and a Swiss military 210…but if I happen to run across a p6…

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    My first sig was a 239, picked it up in 93, it was used, and I got it used about 6 months after they were introduced (and I only paid 400 bucks for it!) when sig reintroduced the 225 a few years ago I was tempted to buy one, but the specs are close enough to the 239, that I didn’t see the point buying one.

I say that there are only two left on the “sig bucket list” a 230 or 232, and a Swiss military 210…but if I happen to run across a p6…
    Yeah, the P225A1 is basically a P239 with a different grip. It even uses P239 mags with a different baseplate. The original P225/P6 is a different design. I'd kinda agree that there's not much reason to have both, unless you're looking to collect them all. My P239 was an impulse buy at an auction that I just couldn't pass up due to the price. It's an accurate and reliable gun, but I've struggled to find a practical role for it in the lineup because it offers no significant advantages that aren't already covered.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Yeah, the P225A1 is basically a P239 with a different grip. It even uses P239 mags with a different baseplate. The original P225/P6 is a different design. I'd kinda agree that there's not much reason to have both, unless you're looking to collect them all. My P239 was an impulse buy at an auction that I just couldn't pass up due to the price. It's an accurate and reliable gun, but I've struggled to find a practical role for it in the lineup because it offers no significant advantages that aren't already covered.
    I tried out a 239 when they were new but it just didn't balance the same to me as my 225's did, I think they had a heavier slide to also be in .40.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    My P225 showed up early yesterday, tracking showed it would be here Saturday, for once something showed up early. This will make three P series i've gotten lately, an older nice P226 and another older P226 I put a Revenant railed frame on.

yTW9WHjl.jpg

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    The P225 is my favorite of the P series
    The grip design on the P225 is as if Sig, before I was born, genetically engineered a model of my adult hand and built the gun to fit it. I'm very picky about grips and have spent a lot of time and money customizing different guns to fit my taste...the P225 was perfect out of the box. Were it not for practicality issues (capacity/size ratio, and outrageously expensive discontinued magazines), it would likely still be my carry gun today.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Sig Sauer just announced a host of new firearms and optics today. Sometimes manufacturers have new products and it's not all that exciting. Luckily SIG is keeping things spicy with some really creative and creative guns this time around. A lot of industries were hit hard during the pandemic/plague with various materials and parts causing massive production issues. Manufacturers significantly trimmed down their offerings to simplify the manufacturing process and Sig Sauer was no exception. In the last year we've really started to see more variety and options, but this batch of releases certainly seems the most exciting!

Top Bottom