The (Semi) Official Trump Election/Inauguration thread...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    [video=youtube;gbjfRypEEYw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbjfRypEEYw[/video]
    Just a thought because I seen this again today but are these the same people who thought that the candidate who has spent her career in politics, yet did not understand that C mean classified is "eminently qualified" to be POTUS?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    In Draft Party Platform, Democrats Regress On Gun Rights | The Daily Caller

Released July 1, the gun control plank of the draft 2016 Democratic Party Platform reads:

Gun Violence Prevention

With 33,000 Americans dying every year, Democrats believe that we must finally take sensible action to address gun violence. While gun ownership is part of the fabric of many communities, too many families in America have suffered from gun violence. We can respect the rights of responsible gun owners while keeping our communities safe. We will expand background checks and close dangerous loopholes in our current laws, hold irresponsible dealers and manufacturers accountable, keep weapons of war—such as assault weapons—off our streets, and ensure guns do not fall into the hands of terrorists, domestic abusers, other violent criminals, and those with severe mental health issues...

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    In Draft Party Platform, Democrats Regress On Gun Rights | The Daily Caller

Released July 1, the gun control plank of the draft 2016 Democratic Party Platform reads:

Gun Violence Prevention

With 33,000 Americans dying every year, Democrats believe that we must finally take sensible action to address gun violence. While gun ownership is part of the fabric of many communities, too many families in America have suffered from gun violence. We can respect the rights of responsible gun owners while keeping our communities safe. We will expand background checks and close dangerous loopholes in our current laws, hold irresponsible dealers and manufacturers accountable, keep weapons of war—such as assault weapons—off our streets, and ensure guns do not fall into the hands of terrorists, domestic abusers, other violent criminals, and those with severe mental health issues...

The underlined quote disqualifies most of the Uber-Libs I know...

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I think if you asked the majority of citizens what the planks were in either the republican or democrat platforms, you'd get +crickets+. Most people can't name their congresscritter.

I think that, longer term, gun rights will be in greater jeopardy from the shift in attitudes of younger folks.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I think if you asked the majority of citizens what the planks were in either the republican or democrat platforms, you'd get +crickets+. Most people can't name their congresscritter.

I think that, longer term, gun rights will be in greater jeopardy from the shift in attitudes of younger folks.

I tended to agree with that second statement... then I thought of myself.

I used to consider myself a democrat (before I was political). It felt like the "default" setting, because I was conditioned to believe Republicans are just old white rich dudes, etc... the usual nonsense.

Heavy into gaming, I became sorta interested in firearms and war history. Then I got a gun, and learned why it's important to protect yourself. I learned about 2A.

Around this time, I recognized... "Well, this party is pro-2A. I think I'll vote for them."

At some point in there, you start seeing the hard-lines that each party tends to draw. I bet I didn't have much of an opinion on abortion and welfare issues until I dug into why that party believes a certain way.

But in the end, you can take every plank of each party and sum it up very simply. You're either for freedom and self-reliance, or you're against freedom and self-reliance. That's how I tended to simplify it and make my decision.

So, back to what you said - I think young people will pick their party.... and then start forming educated opinions on all the other issues. It's difficult to be pro-2A and not be Pro-1A. It's difficult to consider yourself a self-reliant person, and not see the need for personal protection.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Pew Research estimates that the US population will grow to 438 million by 2050 (from 296 million in 2005). 82% of that growth will arise from immigration.

Taking both of those statistics into account, I forsee a great deal of pressure on 2A unless there is a significant land war requiring the participation of a great deal of the male citizenry (draft).

We are losing gun knowledge daily. It isn't the same as auto mechanics, but it is similar. Fewer and fewer people have the ability to maintain their automobile due to changes in their design, along with enhanced reliability.

If the violent crime rate continues its long-term downward trend, demographics continue to shift toward city-based living, and immigration from countries where gun rights are not a birthright, I think we've got a problem, Houston.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Pew Research estimates that the US population will grow to 438 million by 2050 (from 296 million in 2005). 82% of that growth will arise from immigration.

Taking both of those statistics into account, I forsee a great deal of pressure on 2A unless there is a significant land war requiring the participation of a great deal of the male citizenry (draft).

We are losing gun knowledge daily. It isn't the same as auto mechanics, but it is similar. Fewer and fewer people have the ability to maintain their automobile due to changes in their design, along with enhanced reliability.

If the violent crime rate continues its long-term downward trend, demographics continue to shift toward city-based living, and immigration from countries where gun rights are not a birthright, I think we've got a problem, Houston.
    thats another reason to end all immigration. Lock it down. Immigrants aren't gonna give us any advantage now that we don't already have. Make exceptions if you want for actual scientists and doctors ect. Professionals. We are stocked up on watermelon pickers and ****ers that work at mcdonalds that never get **** right anyways.
    The worlds population needs to stop growing or downsize. I imagine we will have another world war soon so that will take care of it. Look for major population losses in the Middle East area.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Amerca's youth is smart enough to understand that the dem party platform is gun control. America's youth that weren't for gun control voted for Donald Trump.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    thats another reason to end all immigration. Lock it down. Immigrants aren't gonna give us any advantage now that we don't already have. Make exceptions if you want for actual scientists and doctors ect. Professionals. We are stocked up on watermelon pickers and ****ers that work at mcdonalds that never get **** right anyways.
    The worlds population needs to stop growing or downsize. I imagine we will have another world war soon so that will take care of it. Look for major population losses in the Middle East area.

Another big problem is multiculturalism. (Not multiethnic)
    We can't survive without adhering to one CULTURE (American) in this country.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    exactly! If you are here be American. Be proud to be American. Or why come?
    Thats one thing I truly hope is restored under President Trump is Patriotism and an "America First" attitude. Seriously let's fix the US (obama ****ed a lot of **** up) and make it even more bad ass and then maybe we can help the world after that. But if the rest of the world starves while we feast, I'm ok with that. Don't have kids you can't feed

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Amerca's youth is smart enough to understand that the dem party platform is gun control. America's youth that weren't for gun control voted for Donald Trump.

I understand what you're saying, but I don't think you'll be able to prove that assertion. In addition, it isn't today that I'm worried about. It's the future.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

exactly! If you are here be American. Be proud to be American. Or why come?
    Thats one thing I truly hope is restored under President Trump is Patriotism and an "America First" attitude. Seriously let's fix the US (obama ****ed a lot of **** up) and make it even more bad ass and then maybe we can help the world after that. But if the rest of the world starves while we feast, I'm ok with that. Don't have kids you can't feed
    There is not, and never has been (at least not in the last 300 years) a single American culture.

Rather, "American" culture HAS been multiculturalism.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

I'm not sure I understand. When I grew up we had Irish, Italian, Ukrainian, Polish, WASP neighborhoods. Some of the older adults didn't speak English very well. But every one of them believed in America and wanted to be citizens. America always has been multi-cultural, but we were Americans, each and every one.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm not sure I understand. When I grew up we had Irish, Italian, Ukrainian, Polish, WASP neighborhoods. Some of the older adults didn't speak English very well. But every one of them believed in America and wanted to be citizens. America always has been multi-cultural, but we were Americans, each and every one.

Oh, I bet you understand. You just don't want to believe some people think that way.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    There is not, and never has been (at least not in the last 300 years) a single American culture.

Rather, "American" culture HAS been multiculturalism.
    you know what he means. Wave the flag, don't **** on it or burn it. Don't bring your home countries ideals here and try to push them.
    learn American history and be part of its future. Oh and speak ****ing English. I seriously wish we would get that official. I don't blame the old people. I mean young people. We MUST stop coddling other languages.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    you know what he means. Wave the flag, don't **** on it or burn it. Don't bring your home countries ideals here and try to push them.
    learn American history and be part of its future. Oh and speak ****ing English. I seriously wish we would get that official. I don't blame the old people. I mean young people. We MUST stop coddling other languages.
    No, we don't have to do that.

And, you can't force people to do it.

The Klan tried this 100 years ago. Didn't work then, either.

In fact, I was just reading up on some that this weekend, ironically enough. Same rhetoric from the 1920s.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom