NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    After you post this my Mother stops by and a crossing (in SB) with arms down and no train. Everyone driving around the down crossing arms. Ugh.
    From the chatter I'm hearing, its sounding like someone walking along the tracks with headphones on. I still don't know why someone would do this, and how, even with headphones on, can't hear the horn or feel the vibration.

If true, someone earned the Darwin award today

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    It opened up about 5 minutes before I left work, so was able to go the normal way. They had backed the train up but was still quite a few RR officials on scene when I went thru
    On my way back from Nappanee this morning coming west on 30 I was following the very same train and we split up in Valpo around 11:30 and wondered if this was the same train? On my way home had to see if it was the same train and it was. Feel sorry for the engineer going thru all this after the accident. Was there any news about the pedestrian?

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    So I stopped in a Hy-Vee today in Davenport and found some Ezra Brooks Special Finished Series on sale for $31.99. Now I am not a rye bourbon guy, I prefer wheat like the good Lord intended.

I must say that this stuff is pretty good, especially for the price. This stuff is not quite as good as Angels Envy, but it is also finished in port wine barrels, and you can taste it. This might make the "friends coming over" shelf. It is a good pour and while I still prefer Makers Mark at the price point, it is great for something different or even a mixer.
    I've found very few finished barrel selections good. Me personally, I hope this trend continues to fade away. I have enjoyed OE7 Barrel Stength.

20241001_211156.jpg

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    From the chatter I'm hearing, its sounding like someone walking along the tracks with headphones on. I still don't know why someone would do this, and how, even with headphones on, can't hear the horn or feel the vibration.

One less of the Darwin Award...or is it one more?

Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    how, even with headphones on, can't hear the horn or feel the vibration.

I grew up around RR tracks by Highland High, played on them all the time and agree.
    For awhile someone was getting killed on 41st st once a year. I remember them well with one being suicide and another kid who's name I still remember playing chicken on the way home from school and froze on the tracks. Amtrak hit him at 70mph. I was in junior high and seen it soon after the cops and FD arrived and remember seeing a chucka boot with chunks and blood and the main part covered by a yellow tarp. Another was a town garage dump truck. We used to catch tad poles on the dump gate in the ditch for years afterward.
    Had my own close call once. Was on my bike and heard the horn, couldn't see it due to homes and peddled real fast.
    When I got to the top of the hill it was so close I froze on the peddles and coasted across.

Top Bottom