The (Semi) Official Trump Election/Inauguration thread...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Trump intends to nominate Virtu Financial founder Vincent Viola as Secretary of the Army, transition team announces.
    USMA grad, Ranger, reservist. Probably a good pick.

Since the military is basically becoming a pension system that fights wars, maybe makes sense to bring in someone with financial background.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I was watching a series on Netflix last night called "Nobel". It is a Norwegian film...subject not all that important to this observation. What struck me was how far removed from our mental picture of the Vikings (also a good series) the Norwegians have become. They have become so PC that even their Minister of Defense cannot understand (or defend) the actions and mindset of a soldier.

I've got lots of issues with the democratic party. SJW's being at the top of the list. However, I'd never go in for an empathy wipe to become a republican. :)

I don't understand this really. I'm not a Republican, per se, but I'm much more likely to vote for Republicans than Democrats. There are some democrats I could vote for. I would have voted for Jim Webb if he were nominated, over Trump. Not that Webb is ideal, but he'd have been the least worst between the two. But democrats utterly rejected Webb. They laughed him out of the race. Democrats these days act much more like Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid than Jim Web.

As far as Republicans though, I think you're misinterpreting their motivations as lack of empathy. There are a lot of Republicans who, like me, believe in individual liberty tempered by personal responsibility. What that means is that I believe *I* am morally obligated to help people less fortunate than me. I think it's immoral to satisfy my moral obligation with other people's resources, especially if it's in a way I think is more harmful than helpful. Simply voting for democrats isn't empathy. By definition personal morality isn't achievable by proxy through a group. Many Republicans feel the same way, and that's what motivates them. Disagreeing on your solutions is not a lack of empathy.

ETA: I agree on everything else.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I don't understand this really. I'm not a Republican, per se, but I'm much more likely to vote for Republicans than Democrats. There are some democrats I could vote for...

It would be heresy for a gun owner to vote for any democrat in today's modern age. Today the democrat party is the unabashed party of gun control.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I don't understand this really. I'm not a Republican, per se, but I'm much more likely to vote for Republicans than Democrats. There are some democrats I could vote for. I would have voted for Jim Webb if he were nominated, over Trump. Not that Webb is ideal, but he'd have been the least worst between the two. But democrats utterly rejected Webb. They laughed him out of the race. Democrats these days act much more like Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid than Jim Web.

As far as Republicans though, I think you're misinterpreting their motivations as lack of empathy. There are a lot of Republicans who, like me, believe in individual liberty tempered by personal responsibility. What that means is that I believe *I* am morally obligated to help people less fortunate than me. I think it's immoral to satisfy my moral obligation with other people's resources, especially if it's in a way I think is more harmful than helpful. Simply voting for democrats isn't empathy. By definition personal morality isn't achievable by proxy through a group. Many Republicans feel the same way, and that's what motivates them. Disagreeing on your solutions is not a lack of empathy.

ETA: I agree on everything else.

INGO told me that makes you a cancerous enemy.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    It would be heresy for a gun owner to vote for any democrat in today's modern age.
    I'm sorry - this is either a VERY broad brush, or a position of ignorance.

There are not many, but there are a handful of congressional democrats who support 2A causes, including reciprocity. Generally western/midwestern representatives, but they do exist.

Granted, they may not be Dems for long....

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It would be heresy for a gun owner to vote for any democrat in today's modern age. Today the democrat party is the unabashed party of gun control.

C'mon man. LOL, gun ownership is not a religion. I mean, really. Who is the deity there. Cooper? Nah. It's simply a right. You either believe in that right or you don't. I could vote for a democrat who demonstrates a shared belief in the fundamental right to keep and bear arms, just as I could not vote for a Republican who does not demonstrate that belief.

And, as you may recall from the great INGO debates on Democrats views on gun control. I argued that the Democratic Party is the official party of gun control--it's in their platform. But not every Democrat agrees with or would support every platform item, just like not all Republicans support the 2A, even though that is more or less officially part of the Republican platform.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    C'mon man. LOL, gun ownership is not a religion. I mean, really. Who is the deity there. Cooper? Nah. It's simply a right. You either believe in that right or you don't. I could vote for a democrat who demonstrates a shared belief in the fundamental right to keep and bear arms, just as I could not vote for a Republican who does not demonstrate that belief.

And, as you may recall from the great INGO debates on Democrats views on gun control. I argued that the Democratic Party is the official party of gun control--it's in their platform. But not every Democrat agrees with or would support every platform item, just like not all Republicans support the 2A, even though that is more or less officially part of the Republican platform.

Dude, haven't you been following the 4 rules threads? He's totally a deity.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom