The (Semi) Official Trump Election/Inauguration thread...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    On this site, it is a distinction sans difference.

I beg to differ.

Especially on this site, the distinction is stark. Or at least, I would hope that it is.

Now, I will say that the closest I've seen to a principled defense is that Russia, if it is behind the wikileaks release, should not have done it, but that what WAS revealed was appropriately revealed. Like the Pentagon Papers. Or the semi-defense of Snowden.

I will also say that it is convenient for Obama and Clinton to say that Russia is responsible. Which makes the conclusion suspect.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    On this site, it is a distinction sans difference.

With that attitude, do you blame everyone here (as a whole) for this upcoming 4 years? Ignoring those of us that have been openly and rightfully critical of the entire situation?

Nothing about politics should be so black-and-white. There are plenty of legit distinctions to make.

Sure. Believe Trump but not your intelligence agencies.

Great start for the new administration.

Which intel agencies? FBI, or CIA? Or both? Because they're sort of contradicting each other.

Was there a hack? Who knows. Did Russia meddle in the election? Probably. Is that acceptable? No.

Were voting machines hacked? Highly unlikely.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Rick Perry to be Energy Secretary

I like the idea of picking people to lead agencies that they want to destroy. I really like it.

Rick Perry was my first choice for POTUS.

This may be my favorite appointment, yet.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    With that attitude, do you blame everyone here (as a whole) for this upcoming 4 years? Ignoring those of us that have been openly and rightfully critical of the entire situation?

Nothing about politics should be so black-and-white. There are plenty of legit distinctions to make.

Which intel agencies? FBI, or CIA? Or both? Because they're sort of contradicting each other.

Was there a hack? Who knows. Did Russia meddle in the election? Probably. Is that acceptable? No.

Were voting machines hacked? Highly unlikely.

Let's just say that the shoe is on the other foot. If you are among the group who even at this late hour blame Obama for everything, you are the one I am thinking of.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Nope. If you voted for him, you own him.

I voted for him. Mostly because he's not Hillary. It's not my fault I'm only given a choice between a blowhard and a criminal. Give me a ****ty dichotomy and I'll have to make a ****ty choice.

And it's like some of us have said, there's good Trump and bad Trump.

I'm not very pleased with some of the picks or potential picks, like Tillerson. That's bad Trump. But I have to like the picks for people who wanted to end those departments. It's probably the closest we'll get. That's good Trump. The Carrier thing was a mixture of good Trump/bad Trump.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Yeah. I remember when millions were out of work and some of us worried that we were on a precipice. We were saved by a Goldman Sachs alum (whose firm was one of the leading perpetrators of the recession).

It's a good thing Trump is not bringing anyone from Goldman into his administration.

wait one......

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

Well, there's a significant middle ground. Trump has no clue. But, those speaking on behalf of the intelligence agencies have a dog in the fight, too.

The only intelligence agencies I've seen that would directly comment have said that there is insufficient proof to make the determination.

(And, I'll say again, why are 17 intelligence agencies even involved?)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Great start for the new administration.

Well, I actually don't believe either. Or, more to the points, I don't believe Trump because he has a history of overstating/understating the truth as it suits him, and I don't believe what the current administration says the intelligence agencies say, from the party that was just embarrassingly evicted from power. Probably the truth is more between the two. But that's a pretty wide swath.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Let's just say that the shoe is on the other foot. If you are among the group who even at this late hour blame Obama for everything, you are the one I am thinking of.

Well, not everything. Just for having one of the historically worst administrations in history. Definitely worst 10 IMHO. Maybe worst 5. Won't know that for sure for a couple more years.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Advice: Trump supporters are coming to dinner. How will we survive? - The Boston Globe

4 more years of these sorts of headlines to look forward to.

It's not even the headline. It's how they easily divide people up into opposing categories. Like these people, these parts of your family, are sub-human that you have to tolerate.

You're not allowed to be normal and just talk to your family. No, you have to recognize the opposition and treat them differently.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

No. A lot of shoes are on other feet. Some shoes are still where they were. To G's point that's a distinction that is worth making.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    No. A lot of shoes are on other feet. Some shoes are still where they were. To G's point that's a distinction that is worth making.

I don't care "why" you voted for him. Your vote helped elect him. You own him.

The only possible justification would be that you didn't expect Trump to last long as president and that Mike Pence would make a good CIC. That thought I could get behind.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Advice: Trump supporters are coming to dinner. How will we survive? - The Boston Globe

4 more years of these sorts of headlines to look forward to.

It's not even the headline. It's how they easily divide people up into opposing categories. Like these people, these parts of your family, are sub-human that you have to tolerate.

Maybe the subhuman family will just have to tell their loved ones to **** off just like they told SJW America at the polls to **** the hell off.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Rubio on Tillerson

Good. Hearings will be an important testing grounds for nomination of a political newbie like Tillerson. Vet everyone.

Czj2239XgAAM0Ep.jpg:large

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom