Oscars Committee Announces New Host: Jordan Peterson

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I have not watched the oscars since the days of Charlton Heston and John Wayne.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Judge rules SCHOOLS HAVE NO DUTY TO PROTECT YOUR CHILDREN...

NEITHER DO THE POLICE.

This is why we must protect ourselves... WITH THE 2ND AMENDMENT.

Funny thing, every courthouse has armed security...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/j...HZfp7FI-MmzfC-EoIq0FiygnUPVlMsPdDCs2RMpP9xid8

This is what happens when reporters don't understand how federal law works.

Schools have a duty of reasonable care under state law. Under federal law, the cause of action has to be defined by statute. General negligence is the realm of state law and state courts. Not federal law and federal courts when the plaintiff and defendant are from the same state. There is no 14th Amendment Due Process duty that gives rise to a federal cause of action under 42 USC sec. 1983. This does not mean that the school had no general duty of reasonable care under the state's common law. That is for a different court.

Last edited:

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    This is what happens when reporters don't understand how federal law works.

Schools have a duty of reasonable care under state law. Under federal law, the cause of action has to be defined by statute. General negligence is the realm of state law and state courts. Not federal law and federal courts when the plaintiff and defendant are from the same state. There is no 14th Amendment Due Process duty that gives rise to a federal cause of action under 42 USC sec. 1983. This does not mean that the school had no general duty of reasonable care under the state's common law. That is for a different court.

Interesting. I was discussing the concept of searching a students locker/backpack with the School Resource Officer last week. His take on it was I had more freedom than he did to search. He felt he had to have a reason to search where I was "In Loco Parentis" and could do so with less info.

An internet search showed several opinions on the subject. All said teachers were responsible for students safety, some variation on what was legal.

Any take on this?

Don

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Reminds me of when I was in High School

I bought something from a friend and we were exchanging cash and product between classes when a teacher walked by. I was startled and turned and threw it in my locker and slammed the door.

Sitting in my next class the intercom announces that I must report to the principals office. I walk in and there is the principal (who I have a close relationship with) and a local police man.

They walk me to my locker and have me open it. They search for the supposed contraband and I lose my firecrackers.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Isnt that more of the space forces jurisdiction?
    Well. Yeah. When it happens. Space force isn’t a thing...yet. So the NASA jackboots are the only thing standing between us and alien invaders. People should cut them some slack and let them do their training in area 51.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom