Not open for further replies.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    ........They've been voting for years and listening to people with some of the best policies that don't follow through when elected. ...........

Republican establishment has NOBODY to be mad at except themselves. This is exactly where Trumps appeal comes from.

ELECT US and we'll STOP OBAMA!!!! The only reason obama has been stopped is because he's taking a moment to pork them when they are bent over for him.

They roll on every issue when they campaigned on being a block and a repeal to his policies. WTF.

Last edited:

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Republican establishment has NOBODY to be mad at except themselves. This is exactly where Trumps appeal comes from.

ELECT US and we'll STOP OBAMA!!!! The only reason obama has been stopped is because he's taking a moment to pork them when they are bent over for him.

They roll on every issue when they campaigned on being a block and a repeal to his policies. WTF.

I've noticed INFO is really big on the butt stuff analogies, it's like seventh grade lunch conversations on here sometimes.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'd love to see a demographic on the Trump supporters. I have nothing to base this on, but if I had to guess... I'd say they may be a bit older. A disaster Presidency doesn't mean a lot to them, and it doesn't impact their lives enough to matter. They've lived years of seeing crappy politics take place, and they just love the "stick it to the man" narrative of it. They're already retired, or near retired... and living comfortable enough that a crappy President isn't going to change their lives as much as it would the younger generation.

That's not an insult at all, so don't get me wrong. Just seems like conceding to a bad Presidency would be easy to do if you aren't relying on them to keep the economy going. Older (responsible) folk probably already have their finances in order and retirement funds set. Us younger crowd still have years to work on that... and give a bit more of a **** about who becomes President.

That's just an economical view of it... not sure if the older crowd cares much about 1A and 2A either. (This is using the Group 1 analogy above. There are plenty of young retards in group 2... the same as 2007's Obama crowd.)

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I'm sitting next to a Trump supporter in the Columbia sc airport. Hes a dentist, probably 70 years old, retiring soon. He said hes a big Trump fan for exactly that reason, that he's not a politician and is a wrench to be thrown in the system.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Chris Christie joins Trump today at a press conference

Christie, once again, betrays the party... just endorsed Trump. Hah, so Trump/Christie?

Christie now says Trump is a man of his word.

This is pathetic. This is becoming less "eff the establishment!" and more "godawful disaster candidate". If Trump wasn't already soft on constitutional rights... now you have Christie, who is very soft on gun rights.

Again, I have to ask now that this has happened... You still voting for him?

Chris Christie's Record on Guns Is Problematic in New Hampshire

Last edited:

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    I'm an old guy and Trump is not my first choice. I liked Walker but as Mick Jagger says "you can't always get what you want". I have children and grand children and I am concerned about the future and the America they will live in.

Bottom line; if Trump is the guy he gets my vote. The other two options would complete the destruction started by Roosevelt and accelerated by Obama.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I'm an old guy and Trump is not my first choice. I liked Walker but as Mick Jagger says "you can't always get what you want". I have children and grand children and I am concerned about the future and the America they will live in.

Bottom line; if Trump is the guy he gets my vote. The other two options would complete the destruction started by Roosevelt and accelerated by Obama.

Here I remember hearing Obama was going to compete the destruction of this country if we didnt support Romney, If we didnt support McCain.
    This is Gary Johnsons year.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I'll say this about Trump supporters. I sort them into two groups.

Group one: those who know exactly what Trump is all about but are willing to overlook all that because they are pissed off at the people running the show now. When shown Trump's faults, they're willing to admit it, but don't care because they believe we're ****ed anyway. Basically if Trump burns this ***** down, hell, let's hoist up that middle finger while it burns.

Group two: the cognitively dissonant. Trump is a sort of Superhero. He's impervious to shame. He's the only candidate who gets it. He's the best shot at fixing it. When shown Trump's faults these supporters ignore, deny, minimize or rationalize. Trump can say or do anything and these supporters would insist it is genius. It is almost like a cult following.

I can respect the position of the former. I have to admit that I'd rather see Trump burn this ***** down than have Hillary Clinton as POTUS burning it down. I think she would do more long term damage to my posterity's future. And that's what I mostly care about.

But the latter, the cognitively dissonant. C'mon. Please look up the definition of intellectual honesty and then apply that when looking at the facts. In the end the actual truth is more valuable than what you want the truth to be.

I don't defend his blatant lies.

Fact of the matter is you have a choice of giving democrats another 8 years in office... Electing one of the individuals from congress who didn't manage to motivate their party and stop it from rolling over for democrats... Or Trump.

I'm giving the benefit of the doubt to Trump regardless of anything. I know I'm getting GARBAGE with every other option, with Trump there's a chance that he might actually do 1/100th of what he proposes, which would be a dramatic and positive change of pace. If he's a total failure, he'll at least be entertaining.

Obama has never been entertaining a single day in office or out. Not only that, the liberal tears are going to be cranked to 11 for the next 4 years at the very very least.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Remember that video of Trump gesturing like he was disabled while making fun of some reporter or something?

He just did another similar "disabled" gesture with a bottle of water pretending to be Rubio on stage.

This guy is a ****ing child. Most campaign staffs would have their candidate calm down after being trounced in a debate... but his staff must also be full of insane idiots.

https://twitter.com/colinjones/status/703295514708721664

Edit: Trump on the media: "I'm gonna open up the libel laws so that ... when they write hit pieces, we can sue them, and they can lose money."

Again, punishing dissent. He gets mad when people say honest things about him... and tries to sue. He wants to make it easier to take down his enemies.

This is Obama 2.0. This guy should be running for leader of North Korea. Always been anti-1A.

Edit2: Rush is shilling for Trump again today.

Last edited:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Remember that video of Trump gesturing like he was disabled while making fun of some reporter or something?

He just did another similar "disabled" gesture with a bottle of water pretending to be Rubio on stage.

This guy is a ****ing child. Most campaign staffs would have their candidate calm down after being trounced in a debate... but his staff must also be full of insane idiots.

https://twitter.com/colinjones/status/703295514708721664

Edit: Trump on the media: "I'm gonna open up the libel laws so that ... when they write hit pieces, we can sue them, and they can lose money."

Again, punishing dissent. He gets mad when people say honest things about him... and tries to sue. He wants to make it easier to take down his enemies.

This is Obama 2.0. This guy should be running for leader of North Korea. Always been anti-1A.

Edit2: Rush is shilling for Trump again today.

How could they get in trouble for libel if evidence shows that it is not libel but true?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'd love to see a demographic on the Trump supporters. I have nothing to base this on, but if I had to guess... I'd say they may be a bit older. A disaster Presidency doesn't mean a lot to them, and it doesn't impact their lives enough to matter. They've lived years of seeing crappy politics take place, and they just love the "stick it to the man" narrative of it. They're already retired, or near retired... and living comfortable enough that a crappy President isn't going to change their lives as much as it would the younger generation.

That's not an insult at all, so don't get me wrong. Just seems like conceding to a bad Presidency would be easy to do if you aren't relying on them to keep the economy going. Older (responsible) folk probably already have their finances in order and retirement funds set. Us younger crowd still have years to work on that... and give a bit more of a **** about who becomes President.

That's just an economical view of it... not sure if the older crowd cares much about 1A and 2A either. (This is using the Group 1 analogy above. There are plenty of young retards in group 2... the same as 2007's Obama crowd.)

Look how many 2A advocates here that are Trump supporters.

From the demographics I've seen, they're all over the place but probably old enough to have memories of a previous America that they liked better. It's people who think that America isn't great anymore. He probably doesn't appeal to progressives. To them, of course America sucks. We need to be ashamed of ourselves so that we may earn our morality stripes. But people who've not been exposed to that nonsense want the America back that they once knew. Most would settle for the America we had before Obama came to office. Heck, I'd like to have a reset back to at least that.

I'll admit that I like a lot of the things Trump says and does. I like that he took Jeb! out of the race. I just hope we don't come to find that that trade-off wasn't worth it. I like that he at least brought immigration issues to the forefront instead of allowing the progression continue as a foregone conclusion. I like that the press are stymied by him. I certainly like that he seems impervious to being shamed (although that could easily backfire).

But there are a lot of things he says and does that I don't like. Makes me think that he's just *acting* like the middle finger people want him to be. So what happens if this ***** doesn't burn? What if he ends up being just another politician who said **** to get elected? I think that's a realistic enough risk to pass on the Trump bandwagon. I just hope I don't have to vote for him in November.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    How could they get in trouble for libel if evidence shows that it is not libel but true?

If he says he wants to "open" the libel laws, I'm guessing he wants to change the standards for what is "true". I'd still like to see Trump go with suing Cruz. It would be an interesting deposition I think. Maybe they could televise it. I mean, Trump has pretty much turned the American political process into reality TV. ****, let someone make some coin on it.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Look how many 2A advocates here that are Trump supporters.

From the demographics I've seen, they're all over the place but probably old enough to have memories of a previous America that they liked better. It's people who think that America isn't great anymore. He probably doesn't appeal to progressives. To them, of course America sucks. We need to be ashamed of ourselves so that we may earn our morality stripes. But people who've not been exposed to that nonsense want the America back that they once knew. Most would settle for the America we had before Obama came to office. Heck, I'd like to have a reset back to at least that.

I'll admit that I like a lot of the things Trump says and does. I like that he took Jeb! out of the race. I just hope we don't come to find that that trade-off wasn't worth it. I like that he at least brought immigration issues to the forefront instead of allowing the progression continue as a foregone conclusion. I like that the press are stymied by him. I certainly like that he seems impervious to being shamed (although that could easily backfire).

But there are a lot of things he says and does that I don't like. Makes me think that he's just *acting* like the middle finger people want him to be. So what happens if this ***** doesn't burn? What if he ends up being just another politician who said **** to get elected? I think that's a realistic enough risk to pass on the Trump bandwagon. I just hope I don't have to vote for him in November.

I see 2 possibilities out of Trump. He'll either be a do nothing all-talk-no-action, or he's looking for adoration and attention which will lead him to making an effort to create what he talks about to continue to feed that need. It would of course be a bad thing if he latched onto the liberal progressives, but it does not seem to me like he will ever have their support or attention, and has largely dismissed them.

I don't think he's someone who could handle being universally hated by everyone in the country, and I find it hard to believe he'd take a route that would result in that.

This is why when I hear people say "He's in it for himself" I wonder how they think that would be a bad thing?

If he says he wants to "open" the libel laws, I'm guessing he wants to change the standards for what is "true". I'd still like to see Trump go with suing Cruz. It would be an interesting deposition I think. Maybe they could televise it. I mean, Trump has pretty much turned the American political process into reality TV. ****, let someone make some coin on it.

I'd find it hard to believe that you could change defamation law to a degree that a fundamental aspect is removed.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I see 2 possibilities out of Trump. He'll either be a do nothing all-talk-no-action, or he's looking for adoration and attention which will lead him to making an effort to create what he talks about to continue to feed that need. It would of course be a bad thing if he latched onto the liberal progressives, but it does not seem to me like he will ever have their support or attention, and has largely dismissed them.

I don't think he's someone who could handle being universally hated by everyone in the country, and I find it hard to believe he'd take a route that would result in that.

This is why when I hear people say "He's in it for himself" I wonder how they think that would be a bad thing?

He's had their support before, no reason to believe he can't turn back into a liberal progressive again. He's not running as Conservative remember.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    He's had their support before, no reason to believe he can't turn back into a liberal progressive again. He's not running as Conservative remember.

Do you envision a day Trump stands on a stage and announces checking his white rich privilege?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom