Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Drudge poll...

qVqZlDf.png

Looks like Trump mopped the floor with everyone once again.

I would have picked Rubio.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Drudge poll...

qVqZlDf.png

Looks like Trump mopped the floor with everyone once again.

At the end of a night filled with substantive candidate statements, your only defense of Trump is an unscientific poll? Give me a break. How about commenting on Trump's failures to SPECIFICALLY explain his plans and defend his past. :dunno:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    At the end of a night filled with substantive candidate statements, your only defense of Trump is an unscientific poll? Give me a break. How about commenting on Trump's failures to SPECIFICALLY explain his plans and defend his past. :dunno:

Unscientific poll? You mean to tell me all those polls people keep drooling over with a total of 400 people are more accurate than one with 100,000+ sample size? Give it till tomorrow and it'll be a few hundred thousand.

Drudge is one of the most reliable conservative media sources there is, I'd say his polls are more trust worthy than something MSNBC puts out.

A poll isn't a defense. It is what it is.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Why Is Matt Drudge Boosting Donald Trump? - The Daily Beast

Meh.

I'll check out the polls tomorrow that can't be brigaded.

Edit: Cruz - Marco and I would both make a much better candidate and a much better president than Donald.

Trump has 5 jokes in his stable and they've been robotically used over and over. He's running out of material. Important - Cruz and Rubio demonstrated that Trump is vulnerable. Poke him in the chest and he's like most any loudmouth. He panics, he stammers, and he resorts to insults and calling people liars rather than answering the questions. Sounds like... nah, must be a coincidence.

Speaking time - Cruz and Rubio made pretty effective use of their time.

Trump- 30:23
    Cruz- 19:51
    Kasich- 17:36
    Rubio- 16:48
    Carson- 10:15

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Before tonight, I couldn't care less about Trump's tax returns. Who gives a **** about any candidate's taxes? Why is this such a big deal?

But now, seeing him squirm about it and refuse to release them so strongly? Making up nonsense excuses about why he can't? Ohhhh you know there's something there. It can't be a lot... but he keeps saying over and over that tax returns show nothing as far as wealth. He'll hammer that point until he's finally forced by the media to give them up.

Again, I really don't care what he's worth either... but if it showcases another lie that he's been selling, so be it. Not that they'll care.

Edit: CNN is committing journalistic malpractice by allowing Trump to do two long post-debate damage-control interviews.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    7LcXy0X.png

Slate poll...

Telemundo
    IiGDHhI.jpg

The right scoop
    zvsG8CH.png

RSBN
    KYqp3RO.png

nj.com
    xbzW8VT.png

Washington Times
    xuEen1N.png

The blaze
    QVhg4wf.png

If you're going to tell me that ALL of these are wrong, have it your way.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Slate poll...

Telemundo

The right scoop

RSBN

nj.com

Washington Times

The blaze

If you're going to tell me that ALL of these are wrong, have it your way.

Tell me that the online gun control polls we swarm upon end up as an accurate reflection of American attitudes on gun control. Online polls are not reliable. The reason is that people can vote over and over. Groups can target the polls to sway the outcome. How many times did you vote in all those polls?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'll say this about Trump supporters. I sort them into two groups.

Group one: those who know exactly what Trump is all about but are willing to overlook all that because they are pissed off at the people running the show now. When shown Trump's faults, they're willing to admit it, but don't care because they believe we're ****ed anyway. Basically if Trump burns this ***** down, hell, let's hoist up that middle finger while it burns.

Group two: the cognitively dissonant. Trump is a sort of Superhero. He's impervious to shame. He's the only candidate who gets it. He's the best shot at fixing it. When shown Trump's faults these supporters ignore, deny, minimize or rationalize. Trump can say or do anything and these supporters would insist it is genius. It is almost like a cult following.

I can respect the position of the former. I have to admit that I'd rather see Trump burn this ***** down than have Hillary Clinton as POTUS burning it down. I think she would do more long term damage to my posterity's future. And that's what I mostly care about.

But the latter, the cognitively dissonant. C'mon. Please look up the definition of intellectual honesty and then apply that when looking at the facts. In the end the actual truth is more valuable than what you want the truth to be.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Unscientific poll? You mean to tell me all those polls people keep drooling over with a total of 400 people are more accurate than one with 100,000+ sample size? Give it till tomorrow and it'll be a few hundred thousand.

Drudge is one of the most reliable conservative media sources there is, I'd say his polls are more trust worthy than something MSNBC puts out.

A poll isn't a defense. It is what it is.

That's exactly what we mean to tell you, it's political science/statistics 101. If internet polls were accurate Ron Paul would've run away with the election in 2008.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That's exactly what we mean to tell you, it's political science/statistics 101. If internet polls were accurate Ron Paul would've run away with the election in 2008.

You mean 10s of thousands of Trump supporters spamming the online polls isn't a reflection of popular opinion?

That's astonishingly not intuitive.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

This is right. Any online poll is un-scientific. Sample sizes are one thing but there are many other factors that have to be considered and weighed appropriately to be able to approach an accurate poll.

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville

Group one: those who know exactly what Trump is all about but are willing to overlook all that because they are pissed off at the people running the show now. When shown Trump's faults, they're willing to admit it, but don't care because they believe we're ****ed anyway. Basically if Trump burns this ***** down, hell, let's hoist up that middle finger while it burns.

Group two: the cognitively dissonant. Trump is a sort of Superhero. He's impervious to shame. He's the only candidate who gets it. He's the best shot at fixing it. When shown Trump's faults these supporters ignore, deny, minimize or rationalize. Trump can say or do anything and these supporters would insist it is genius. It is almost like a cult following.

I can respect the position of the former. I have to admit that I'd rather see Trump burn this ***** down than have Hillary Clinton as POTUS burning it down. I think she would do more long term damage to my posterity's future. And that's what I mostly care about.

But the latter, the cognitively dissonant. C'mon. Please look up the definition of intellectual honesty and then apply that when looking at the facts. In the end the actual truth is more valuable than what you want the truth to be.

^^^This.

I think that's what most here don't understand about most Trump supporters. Its never been about his policies. They've been voting for years and listening to people with some of the best policies that don't follow through when elected. They are tired of it and no matter what's said or how bad Trump performs it won't change their vote.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Group one here

INGO always seems to recommend "voting them out" if we're unhappy with the current batch of politicians.....Welp, here you go.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Plus, at least I'll get a good laugh while it's burning down. You've got to give it to the Donald.....he's entertaining.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom