• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I wonder if the GOP is going to stab Trump in the back. Remember they all signed a pledge to support whomever ended up being to nominee. I wonder how many (if Trump wins), will actually do that, or will they simply go AWOL. They made that pledge in the hope that Trump wouldn't run third party, and back when they thought an "establishment" guy would most likely win..... now, that pledge may just come back and bite them in the ***.
    Fascinating stuff for the political-minded.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Looks like The Donald won Nevada. So far with 24% reporting, he's got 43.8%, Marco "The Robot" Rubio has 24.7% and Rafael looks to be headed for another participation trophy with 21.9%.

Trump crashed a Glenn Beck speech at one of the caucus sites while Glenn was giving a speech for Rafael.

The look on his face is priceless......:laugh:

2uzwcwg.jpg

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Edit: Here's what the media is holding onto in case Trump gets the nom. If he does, this all comes out - Donald Trump’s father and the KKK.

‘It’s a disaster’: Reporter describes Nevada caucus site as ‘chaos’

Here's a picture of a ballot collector wearing a Trump cap and shirt... highly irregular

Other people saying the Nevada GOP is amazingly crooked as compared to the Nevada Democrats.

Make elections fraud great again

Cb8dPOBXIAE1S4h.jpg:large

And here's a Trump supporter working the precinct in Sun Valley

Cb8eDlaUEAUnB9G.jpg:small

I certainly hope that if Rubio had won Nevada that you would be voicing the same criticisms just as vociferously. But I wouldn't bet the farm on it

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I certainly hope that if Rubio had won Nevada that you would be voicing the same criticisms just as vociferously. But I wouldn't bet the farm on it

Pretty sure I've been critical of all candidates. Can't say the same of our resident Trump followers.

But please, make it about me

Looks like The Donald won Nevada. So far with 24% reporting, he's got 43.8%, Marco "The Robot" Rubio has 24.7% and Rafael looks to be headed for another participation trophy with 21.9%.

Trump crashed a Glenn Beck speech at one of the caucus sites while Glenn was giving a speech for Rafael.

Robot - Did you watch any of the debates after that one?

Rafael - Is this the new "Barack Hussein Obama" for 2016? Or Barry Soetoro?

Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Check the link from #1530. One of several places I've seen that stated his giving from IIRC 1999 through 2009 was split almost down the middle, 52/48 I think slightly favoring D's. Post 2009 giving heavily favored Rs. Don't have a handle on all the numbers, it might be a case of how the percentages turn out vary depending on where you place the endpoints. Just don't know
    Oh - I'm sorry, I wasn't clear. I meant support for the national committee. To me, with individual candidates there are other factors - familiarity, friendship, important vote. In the link I posted, it appears that, as recently as 2006, Trump favored the Democratic national organizations over the Republican. That is more about philosophy, IMHO.

@GPIAhuhrhunish - they may not be able to legally remove a name if they withdrew after a certain cutoff date. Creating and distributing ballots requires infrastructure and logistics that are not amenable to last-minute changes.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    @GPIAhuhrhunish - they may not be able to legally remove a name if they withdrew after a certain cutoff date. Creating and distributing ballots requires infrastructure and logistics that are not amenable to last-minute changes.

Looks like it's also tied to campaign finances, I learned last night. It's weird all-around.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Pretty sure I've been critical of all candidates. Can't say the same of our resident Trump followers.

But please, make it about me

Robot - Did you watch any of the debates after that one?

Rafael - Is this the new "Barack Hussein Obama" for 2016? Or Barry Soetoro?

?

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    trump34,531

45.9%

rubio17,940

23.9%

cruz16,079

21.4%

45% for Trump
    Our chief complaint last election was that we nominated nominated a candidate based almost entirely on their 'elect-ability' in the general. Glad to see we've done a complete 180 this election...

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It is, TrusRafael ​Didn't poll as well though.

Yeah, I never got the "use the candidate's real name to impart some sort of derogatory feel" thing. Using "Rafael" instead of Ted... why? Same with Hussein and Soetoro... or whatever that one is. Meh, names are names. I'm not calling Trump "John" or Rubio "Antonio"...

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You'd think, at some point, the followers would get tired of the abuse.

With help from "the poorly educated", Trump carries Nevada.

That's right, Trump considers his voters "the poorly educated" in his victory speech. Starting to agree with him, maybe it's a Stockholm Syndrome thing.

If you're mad that Donald Trump is using 'poorly educated' as a way to isolate you out from regular Americans, then remember it when Donald Trump wants something from you... Which he, of course, will. You can tell him to go **** himself then with a happy heart because what goes around, comes around.

Edit: In addition to his father's KKK connection (which I have no idea how much legitimacy there is to it... but you know the media will run with it)... there's also his pending fraud situation with Trump University. This will be another weapon of the media to take him down if/when he gets the nom

Trump University Scam

Last edited:

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Yeah, I never got the "use the candidate's real name to impart some sort of derogatory feel" thing. Using "Rafael" instead of Ted... why? Same with Hussein and Soetoro... or whatever that one is. Meh, names are names. I'm not calling Trump "John" or Rubio "Antonio"...

I think the emphasis on Hussein was people wanting to paint Obama a secret Muslim, because he had an Arab name. The others I'm less sure how their real names or middle names are meant to be derogatory. It's definitely an appeal to the lowest common denominator.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You linked me a video... but didn't answer my question. Nothing new there.

Yes, I'll use "Ted" because it's quicker to type and say. You can use "Rafael" because it somehow makes him exotic or bad in some way... that's fine, too.

I love when patterns present themselves neat and tidy like this

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom