Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think I've mentioned this upthread, but if it is Sanders v. Trump, I could vote for [strike]gridlock[/strike] Sanders. He would not have a mandate. He would not have Congress. He would be ineffective.

I'd have to really think on that. Sanders is a sure thing. He's gonna try to do what he says. No doubt. When we vote for president, we don't have the luxury of knowing the result of the Senate race. I wouldn't assume the Dems won't win back the Senate.

At least with Trump there is some doubt. Crazy times.

I can't find where I've ever said that... but why not refute/answer what I said before putting words in my mouth? Why can't anyone here tell me why Trump is suddenly exactly what he says he is, without deflecting to other candidates or ignoring the question altogether? He's a populist democrat, always has been, always will be.

Moving on...

Ann Coulter makes me embarrassed for other racists

Coulter on Haley Endorsing Rubio: She?d Replace Confederates with ?Bangladeshi Migrants? | Mediaite

I may be mistaken. I thought you had posted that you would vote for Sanders before you'd vote for Trump. Maybe it was someone else.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I may be mistaken. I thought you had posted that you would vote for Sanders before you'd vote for Trump. Maybe it was someone else.

Negative. Still an irrelevant question. Nothing I ask gets answers, yet "SO YOU'D VOTE FOR A DEMOCRAT THEN!?" demands this many posts?

I oppose Trump's candidacy on the principle that he's a fraud. 100% fact: He is a Democrat. He should not be running under the Republican name. I'm not carrying that argument to the General Election because he shouldn't be allowed to make it that far. I'm still counting on something happening to prevent that.

So... I reject the entire premise of Trump vs Sanders/Clinton. It's not how these elections are supposed to work. It's fine if, say... Kasich won the nomination... and you call him a "democrat". Sure, he's GOP somewhat... but he does have some lefty leanings. But Trump is actually a Democrat. An real Democrat. He is not GOP. He is not a Republican. He is not an "outsider". He is not a Conservative. He's abusing the system, he's lying, and he should not make it to the general.

So, I'm not answering "gotcha" questions on that premise.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    All INGO posters look alike after awhile.

True. I still mistake Alpo for Rhino.

Negative. Still an irrelevant question. Nothing I ask gets answers, yet "SO YOU'D VOTE FOR A DEMOCRAT THEN!?" demands this many posts?

I oppose Trump's candidacy on the principle that he's a fraud. 100% fact: He is a Democrat. He should not be running under the Republican name. I'm not carrying that argument to the General Election because he shouldn't be allowed to make it that far. I'm still counting on something happening to prevent that.

So... I reject the entire premise of Trump vs Sanders/Clinton. It's not how these elections are supposed to work. It's fine if, say... Kasich won the nomination... and you call him a "democrat". Sure, he's GOP somewhat... but he does have some lefty leanings. But Trump is actually a Democrat. An real Democrat. He is not GOP. He is not a Republican. He is not an "outsider". He is not a Conservative. He's abusing the system, he's lying, and he should not make it to the general.

Well, I'll post just one more thing then.

Rubio
    Cruz
    Fiorina
    Kasich
    Bush
    Carson
    Christie
    Sanders - Clinton

Trump doesn't appear in your ranking. I had asked where you wanted him ranked. You never answered so I never included your vote in the tally.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Trump doesn't appear in your ranking. I had asked where you wanted him ranked. You never answered so I never included your vote in the tally.

Correct, you asked to rank all the candidates. I included the Democrats, like everyone else did. I did not include all the fake candidates. I guess I can look at everyone else's post in that thread and say "OMG YOU'D VOTE FOR A DEMOCRAT" just because the exist on the list you asked them to make...

I always get ****ty at the people that say they'll "stay at home" if this or this happens.

Here's my answer: I'll stay at home if the race is between two Democrats. Two actual, lifelong Democrats. Not a squishy "democrat-lite" GOP... but real Democrats.

And I'll probably become much less political in the near future, and more more of a prepper. Because **** this clownshow.

Edit: I missed the townhall last night, had family stuff planned... but apparently Trump endorsed socialized medicine again?

http://twitchy.com/2016/02/18/was-t...tweet&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=twitter

Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I'd have to really think on that. Sanders is a sure thing. He's gonna try to do what he says. No doubt.
    Upon further reflection, this struck me: while I (vehemently) disagree with Sanders about what is best for America, I have no doubt that Sanders will do what he believes is best for America. I have no such hope with Trump. I believe he has consistently proven he will do what is best for Donald Trump, regardless of circumstance. That is not a president we want.

When we vote for president, we don't have the luxury of knowing the result of the Senate race. I wouldn't assume the Dems won't win back the Senate.
    I don't see a coattail effect with Sanders. I can see populist-Trump browbeating and bullying members of Congress to bend to his will. And his bank accounts. Do we really think Trump will give up control of his investments to a presidential blind trust?

You may be thinking of me. People get me and GPIAhnhurhnheh confused all the time, since we look so much alike.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You may be thinking of me. People get me and GPIAhnhurhnheh confused all the time, since we look so much alike.

I'm the one on the right. T.Lex on the left. We are quite indistinguishable.

nrQSePn.jpg

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Salon ignoring that the GOP is the only party with diversity and young candidates in it. Salon being Salon.

jXmMVqE.png

Edit:

Here's CNN's "Poll of Polls", which is an average for 4 most recent publicly released polls -

CNN "POLL OF POLLS"
    Feb. 10-Feb. 17
    SC GOP

Trump 35%
    Cruz 19
    Rubio 15
    Bush 10
    Carson 8
    Kasich 7

Also, Trump is getting pissy about this poll that NBC showed:

CbftV-vW0AQlO_T.jpg:large

Last edited:

Streck-Fu

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Noblesville
    With the Indiana Primary in may, I wonder which candidates will actually be left to choose from. I'd like to thank the primary process for allowing states like Iowa and New Hampshire to reduce the nation's choices of candidates.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    With the Indiana Primary in may, I wonder which candidates will actually be left to choose from. I'd like to thank the primary process for allowing states like Iowa and New Hampshire to reduce the nation's choices of candidates.

Sounds like Jeb won't be there. There was a call today that people are talking about... Apparently top donors have been informed that unless he finishes a strong 3rd or better in South Carolina, he's done.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    If we get Trump, Cruz, and Rubio, that's fine with me. Would like to be able to vote for Carson, but I'm not confident.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Edit: Bush Campaign Sources: Campaign Out of Money. Pay Ends Saturday.

Ted Cruz campaign continues to play in the mud. Now passing off badly photoshopped images as truth.

Marco Rubio adviser: Ted Cruz campaign photoshopped Rubio-Obama picture - POLITICO

Cruz Campaign Communications Director Rick Tyler: "I am confident that our campaign would not use a photo that is not authentic."

I'd like to be able to vote for Cruz at the end of this if he comes out on top... but ****ty dishonesty can only push someone so far.

And before "lol not a big deal", the Reuters photoshopped photos in Gaza were just "pictures" too. Meant to sway opinion. Similar to the Cruz partisans attacking those who reported on his Iowa mailers as liars...until it was confirmed he did send the things

Here's the stock image they got it from:

CbgouhnWEAEOMdm.jpg:small

And the shop
    CbgouhqW4AAsrXb.jpg:small

Last edited:

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound

If he was a democrat, he would not have won any republican votes. Most republicans don't feel the same you do. Or maybe they don't care that much because he says what they want to hear. That means people are willing to not vote based on party if they really relate to a candidate. Frustrated Americans are voting for Trump.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If he was a democrat, he would not have won any republican votes.

Why? What makes this true?

Most republicans don't feel the same you do.

<citation needed> Last I checked, 36% is still less than "most".

Or maybe they don't care that much because he says what they want to hear.

Don't care... or don't know.

That means people are willing to not vote based on party if they really relate to a candidate. Frustrated Americans are voting for Trump.

Relate to what? He hasn't said anything of substance. They just relate to yelling and berating the media?

Also... "Frustrated Americans"? Again, citation needed... I've only heard that excuse from talk radio. I'd use a word different from "frustrated".

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Edit: Bush Campaign Sources: Campaign Out of Money. Pay Ends Saturday.

Ted Cruz campaign continues to play in the mud. Now passing off badly photoshopped images as truth.

Marco Rubio adviser: Ted Cruz campaign photoshopped Rubio-Obama picture - POLITICO

Cruz Campaign Communications Director Rick Tyler: "I am confident that our campaign would not use a photo that is not authentic."

I'd like to be able to vote for Cruz at the end of this if he comes out on top... but ****ty dishonesty can only push someone so far.

And before "lol not a big deal", the Reuters photoshopped photos in Gaza were just "pictures" too. Meant to sway opinion. Similar to the Cruz partisans attacking those who reported on his Iowa mailers as liars...until it was confirmed he did send the things

Here's the stock image they got it from:

CbgouhnWEAEOMdm.jpg:small

And the shop
    CbgouhqW4AAsrXb.jpg:small

They sure enjoy diversity in their photoshopping these days.

qDDtGH1.jpg

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Something else I've been watching in the RCP possible pairings polling
    Trump polls as losing a close race with Clinton. As of a week ago Rubio was the only one (in this format) who could win against Hitlery. Now ALL the also rans also poll as beating Clinton. It was also true last week that Rubio polled as the only one who could also beat Sanders. Now that is no longer true. I am curious why Sanders' numbers continue to improve so steadily in this type of polling.
    IIRC last week Rubio was on top of a match-up with Sanders by +3. That's a pretty big swing in one week.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom