• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So there is hope for bush after all. Good news.......

I can't see Jebrah getting the nomination in any scenario. Well, unless he flat out wins it.

Right now, my estimation would be that Rubio would be the brokered candidate, unless Cruz was REALLY strong. Keep in mind, Trump's delegates would get to vote, too. I don't see them breaking for Cruz.

Oh, or how about this, some rule change/interpretation that limits Trump's delegates? That's be a nuclear option. If they are anything like their candidate, they won't vote for anyone else. That stubbornness might be "rewarded" with getting kicked out.

Hello ticket-splitting 3rd party run!

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Probably? Have you watched any of the debates so far?

He specifically told him, in a rather aggressive manner lol. [Source] Then Cruz decided to be a putz and throw the "New York Values" values at him and that relationship went out the window.

[video=youtube;TM6qRl3dSME]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM6qRl3dSME[/video]

Watch Cruz's eyes, you can see the moment of instant regret.

This is why Cruz is not cut out to be president. He openly insults a very large group of people under the tent of a state. Not very presidential. You're going to be president of a country that includes New York. That's like applying for your boss's job and insulting the people under you. It doesn't make sense.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This is why Cruz is not cut out to be president. He openly insults a very large group of people under the tent of a state. Not very presidential. You're going to be president of a country that includes New York. That's like applying for your boss's job and insulting the people under you. It doesn't make sense.

... Who are you talking about right now?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

It should be a no brainer for anyone with a brain that you do not insult the people of new york while on the stage with a man who is loud about 9/11 and lost people in it.
    [video]https://youtu.be/aoYXihwcp8c?t=36s[/video]

Cruz says his taste in music changed from rock to country because of 9/11. [Source]

Last edited:

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis

Writing off large swaths of the population is an electoral tradition. Obama's bitter clingers, Gov. Palin's "Real America", or the all time leader, Gov. Romney's 47%.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T

Hell, Dems and RINOs insult everyone between the Appalacians and the Rockies damn near every day, why not **** off them for a change.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Hell, Dems and RINOs insult everyone between the Appalacians and the Rockies damn near every day, why not **** off them for a change.

I just gave a good reason why, you're throwing a few truckloads of ammunition to a man who is looking for you to slip up to throw you under the bus.

It's an utterly stupid move.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Here's the Cruz ad that sparked Trump's latest nonsensical lawsuit threat. Posting it here as a public service.

[video=youtube;Kbca-7bc374]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kbca-7bc374[/video]

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I think Trump's use of 9/11 was a calculated political move. In fact, I haven't seen 9/11 used like that since Bush left.

The proper response, though, is: Mr. Trump - that feeling you felt after 9/11, that feeling of everyone helping each other out, that feeling that was so new to you? That's what most of the rest of the country feels every day.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Also here's the list that Cruz gave showing Trump's donations.

But yes let's vote for this shining conservative bastion of light, this flawless god of a man that has our values at the tip-top of his mind, this "totally not a lying sack of **** democrat running as a republican because lol".

Cbb1vTIW0AAETef.jpg:large

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I think Trump's use of 9/11 was a calculated political move. In fact, I haven't seen 9/11 used like that since Bush left.

The proper response, though, is: Mr. Trump - that feeling you felt after 9/11, that feeling of everyone helping each other out, that feeling that was so new to you? That's what most of the rest of the country feels every day.

I have a different theory on him regarding 9/11. I think the reason he's being such a bully to Jeb is because he has an axe to grind with the Bush family and holds them accountable for 9/11.

That list is also a big steaming pile, go look at all his donations to politicians.

They purposefully excluded all the conservatives.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I have a different theory on him regarding 9/11. I think the reason he's being such a bully to Jeb is because he has an axe to grind with the Bush family and holds them accountable for 9/11.
    Aaahhh--- that's interesting. I hadn't thought of that. A bit passive/aggressive. Ok. Mostly aggressive. That makes some sense, though.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Ted Cruz Overtakes Donald Trump in Latest Republican Presidential Poll - WSJ

Texas senator leads businessman 28% to 26% nationally, Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll finds

Feb. 17, 2016 5:00 p.m. ET

Support for Donald Trump among Republicans has declined in the past month, leaving him slightly behind Sen. Ted Cruz in the race for GOP presidential nominee, according to a new Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll conducted after a combative debate performance that soured some voters on the New York businessman.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Well, as I've said in open forum before if Cruz pulls it off he gets my vote. Same for Rubio. Still wondering about y'all if one of them doesn't pull it off. Haven't heard many pledges to vote Trump if he is the nominee. Hear lots of noise that he is a Democrat, so if its Trump vs Hitlery or Let-it-Bernie are you saying the choice doesn't matter? Does that mean you don't vote at all or vote Dem? Or maybe find a circumstance under which you can vote Trump?

Have to say the Gowdy endorsement moves me more than the Nikki Haley endorsement.

Gowdy: Trump Voters Will Eventually Say "We Made Our Point" And Support Electable Rubio | Video | RealClearPolitics

REP. TREY GOWDY, (R-SC): I think the theory is that Mr. Trump's supporters are very loyal and there is a ceiling beyond which he can not go. And that ceiling would not be 50%. So as the field winnows down, if Governor Kasich were to drop out, if Governor Bush were to drop out, where do those votes go? Hint, hint!

And at some point it's going to be a two-person race. And then I think electability is the defining issue. To the extent Marco can win in November, and I think even his detractors admit he can win in November, the field has to winnow down some. And until it does, I think Marco will keep talking about what he would do and defend himself when attacked...

The poll you had earlier this morning shows there are certain number of Republicans that won't support Mr. Trump. So you may pick up Democrats or blue-collar Democrats from the past but you're also going to lose Republicans. I think Marco is the most unifying candidate that we have. I think, it is not just electability, though.

Marco is conservative. How this notion got perpetuated that he is establishment guy I find laughable. If you have a conservative who can win, without alienating large chunks of the Republican party, [Answers his own question. This is exactly what I would think characterizes an 'establishment guy'] I think ultimately hopefully, folks are going to say okay, we made our point. We want you to know that we are tired of Washington. We're tired of Congress. We made our point.[I'm not so sure folks who feel this way will just roll over and trust an establishment pol to take that point to heart. People want to do more than deliver a message, they want to force change. I will get behind Rubio if I have to, not because I suddenly like or trust him] If you want to make a difference you have to win in November. So who can do that and I think it is Marco.

It is nice to see people weighing in whose opinions matter (at least to me)

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    Ted Cruz Overtakes Donald Trump in Latest Republican Presidential Poll - WSJ

Texas senator leads businessman 28% to 26% nationally, Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll finds

Feb. 17, 2016 5:00 p.m. ET

Support for Donald Trump among Republicans has declined in the past month, leaving him slightly behind Sen. Ted Cruz in the race for GOP presidential nominee, according to a new Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll conducted after a combative debate performance that soured some voters on the New York businessman.

I'd take that poll with a grain of salt. Two other polls released this week show him up by 15-20 still. Maybe the shipped has turned, but I won't believe it till there are more results that indicate the same.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Well, as I've said in open forum before if Cruz pulls it off he gets my vote. Same for Rubio. Still wondering about y'all if one of them doesn't pull it off. Haven't heard many pledges to vote Trump if he is the nominee. Hear lots of noise that he is a Democrat, so if its Trump vs Hitlery or Let-it-Bernie are you saying the choice doesn't matter? Does that mean you don't vote at all or vote Dem? Or maybe find a circumstance under which you can vote Trump?

Have to say the Gowdy endorsement moves me more than the Nikki Haley endorsement.

Gowdy: Trump Voters Will Eventually Say "We Made Our Point" And Support Electable Rubio | Video | RealClearPolitics

REP. TREY GOWDY, (R-SC): I think the theory is that Mr. Trump's supporters are very loyal and there is a ceiling beyond which he can not go. And that ceiling would not be 50%. So as the field winnows down, if Governor Kasich were to drop out, if Governor Bush were to drop out, where do those votes go? Hint, hint!

And at some point it's going to be a two-person race. And then I think electability is the defining issue. To the extent Marco can win in November, and I think even his detractors admit he can win in November, the field has to winnow down some. And until it does, I think Marco will keep talking about what he would do and defend himself when attacked...

The poll you had earlier this morning shows there are certain number of Republicans that won't support Mr. Trump. So you may pick up Democrats or blue-collar Democrats from the past but you're also going to lose Republicans. I think Marco is the most unifying candidate that we have. I think, it is not just electability, though.

Marco is conservative. How this notion got perpetuated that he is establishment guy I find laughable. If you have a conservative who can win, without alienating large chunks of the Republican party, [Answers his own question. This is exactly what I would think characterizes an 'establishment guy'] I think ultimately hopefully, folks are going to say okay, we made our point. We want you to know that we are tired of Washington. We're tired of Congress. We made our point.[I'm not so sure folks who feel this way will just roll over and trust an establishment pol to take that point to heart. People want to do more than deliver a message, they want to force change. I will get behind Rubio if I have to, not because I suddenly like or trust him] If you want to make a difference you have to win in November. So who can do that and I think it is Marco.

It is nice to see people weighing in whose opinions matter (at least to me)

I don't see how the point is made until they have to deal with 4 years under Trump, for putting us through 8 years of Obama because they refused to field a candidate anyone cared about.

Unless the republican party grows a spine, it's done for. While it's nice to have conservatives here or there, if they're going to treat the presidency the same as the republican majority in congress, all our efforts are for NOTHING. They need to realize this, and they aren't going to realize it until they're drug kicking and screaming into supporting a candidate that will flip them the finger instead of bend over

I have little to no faith in Rubio's abilities to actually beat hillary. Yes, he may win some popularity poll right now, but once he actually has to debate, she will bend him over a knee and knock the snot out of him. Cruz may do marginally better than Rubio, but once again, I don't have much faith in either of them to debate their way out of a paper bag, according to every single republican debate so far.

I'd take that poll with a grain of salt. Two other polls released this week show him up by 15-20 still. Maybe the shipped has turned, but I won't believe it till there are more results that indicate the same.

You can always make a poll say what ever you want by limiting your sample size.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom