Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    but seriously, vote for this ****ing clown.

Trump threatening to go back on his "no third-party run" pledge: Trump now threatening to go back on his third-party pledge and run as INDEPENDENT

‘$116,000: DSCC’: Ted Cruz hands out list of Trump’s donations to Dems; Says ‘file the lawsuit’

Trump also doesn't know how debates and running for president works. Threatens to sue Cruz for airing campaign ads that use Trump's own words...

Cruz camp has responded:

Cbbzn1kUUAAkPEv.jpg:large

Cbbzn2wUYAEa69i.jpg:large

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    but seriously, vote for this ****ing clown.

Trump also doesn't know how debates and running for president works. Threatens to sue Cruz for airing campaign ads that use Trump's own words...

Cruz camp has responded:...

That is a VERY well written letter, IMO. Worth every billable hour.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    He told Cruz not to go on the attack, was even willing to have him as a VP.

Cruz didn't listen. Tough luck for him.

Yaaaa... I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that, while Trump probably did ask him not to go on the offensive, it probably wasn't to keep a warm relationship that might lead to a running mate.

Good on Cruz for not taking a liar's word.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Trump still running ~3x the margin of error in the SC polls. I'm not hopeful about that primary.

Looking big picture, if Cruz delegates + Rubio delegates > Trump delegates, there is still hope. Right now 11+10>17

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Yaaaa... I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that, while Trump probably did ask him not to go on the offensive, it probably wasn't to keep a warm relationship that might lead to a running mate.

Good on Cruz for not taking a liar's word.

Probably? Have you watched any of the debates so far?

He specifically told him, in a rather aggressive manner lol. [Source] Then Cruz decided to be a putz and throw the "New York Values" values at him and that relationship went out the window.

[video=youtube;TM6qRl3dSME]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM6qRl3dSME[/video]

Watch Cruz's eyes, you can see the moment of instant regret.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Trump still running ~3x the margin of error in the SC polls. I'm not hopeful about that primary.
    Not just this primary... the way Trump has risen some more in the national polls, I am beginning to lose hope... period.
    I just don't know if there will be a difference in who Trump or Hillary would pick for SCOTUS.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Not just this primary... the way Trump has risen some more in the national polls, I am beginning to lose hope... period.
    I just don't know if there will be a difference in who Trump or Hillary would pick for SCOTUS.

He named 2 judges he had in mind:
    Diane S. Skykes
    William H. Pryor Jr

Both were appointed by the George W Bush administration. What qualms do you have exactly?

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville

Looking big picture, if Cruz delegates + Rubio delegates > Trump delegates, there is still hope. Right now 11+10>17

Can you explain your logic there, I'm not following it. If Rubio or Cruz drop out I don't see their delegates going to the other one.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Can you explain your logic there, I'm not following it. If Rubio or Cruz drop out I don't see their delegates going to the other one.

The current GOP race is pretty much "Trump" vs "Non-Trump". It's assumed that non-Trump candidates will share delegates... as the non-Trump candidates have more in common with each other than they do with Trump, the Democrat.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I practiced briefly before Sykes and do not consider her a conservative. Conservative-leaning, perhaps. (She did well in Ezell.)

But, when you ask about qualms... 2 words: David Souter.

You'll have to school me on David Souter, I'm coming up mostly empty handed looking for good information. The only thing I can find is that he ruled in favor of abortion and apparently didn't want the job.

*edit*
    Did finally manage to find this http://www.ontheissues.org/David_Souter.htm seems to be the most telling thing.

Last edited:

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    The current GOP race is pretty much "Trump" vs "Non-Trump". It's assumed that non-Trump candidates will share delegates... as the non-Trump candidates have more in common with each other than they do with Trump, the Democrat.

I don't see Cruz endorsing Rubio, as Cruz has based his whole political career as anti-establishment and to support Rubio would be supporting the establishment.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I don't see Cruz endorsing Rubio, as Cruz has based his whole political career as anti-establishment and to support Rubio would be supporting the establishment.

I see Cruz either running second or first from here on out and Rubio disappearing before long. He's the only person who's going to be competitive with Trump in any capacity.

While I doubt Cruz would give his endorsement to Rubio, I wager that Rubio would throw his endorsement to Cruz.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

GPIahnuhnerhughiffer took up one angle.

To build on his framework, the key is a non-majority; a plurality of votes for any one candidate almost guarantees a brokered convention. In that scenario, I don't see Trump getting the nomination.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom