• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Again. I am with them in spirit and principle.

But, at some point, is this really helping? Or is the point to emotionally punctuate the collapse and division of the larger Republican party?

Frankly, would be more interesting if they voted their conscience when the vote actually happened to see how the convention leaders would respond.

At the risk of echoing Bobby Knight, at some point you have to relax and get it over with. (And yes, I feel icky even saying that.)

Don't really want this to be a dig, T. Lex, but this is kind of how we (Trumpers) have seen NeverMattered all along

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    I think primaries should be closed. This is the party deciding its candidate.

I agree with the sentiment however it would be a terrible gauge on how electable a candidate would be in the general. I think it would only work if the DNC did it too, the process of declaring a party is standardized, and they disallowed state parties to use head-scratching methods of picking delegates.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Don't really want this to be a dig, T. Lex, but this is kind of how we (Trumpers) have seen NeverMattered all along
    Not taken as a dig. :)

I was an early adopter of #nevertrump back when it was mathematically possible.

There's some sort of martyrdom dynamic going on, I think. Some figure that if they throw the biggest tantrum against the approaching tsunami, it will have been worth it.

Ok. Whatever.

It also reminds me of one of my favorite scenes from A Few Good Men. "But, I strenuously object." Great. Same answer. Intensity is not a compelling argument.

But, that cuts both ways. Trump is all intensity without any compelling argument. IMHO. In a sense, he is quashing that which helped him win.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Serious question. Why was the Cruz camp pushing for all closed primaries? That would ensure a Republican will never win the White House.

#NeverTRump failed, it has morphed into #NoMoreTrumps with #Cruz2020 riding shotgun. I can only believe they think all closed primaries will further their disparate agendas

Considering that will require dictating to quite a few states (at least 18 I believe) to change their primary structure

In before the resounding Libertarian denunciation of this rampant statism

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Watched some abbreviated footage from the cluster **** that is the RNC. Guess Roberts Rules means nothing to these folks, they'll let the Trumpers drown out call for a vote, (which is supported by the Rules) in an effort to ram Trump down the party's throat. Sheesh. So much for rules and decorum.

13697195_10209072151833863_1663062963089935061_n.jpg

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

hahahaha

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Watched some abbreviated footage from the cluster **** that is the RNC. Guess Roberts Rules means nothing to these folks, they'll let the Trumpers drown out call for a vote, (which is supported by the Rules) in an effort to ram Trump down the party's throat. Sheesh. So much for rules and decorum.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Ram Trump down their throats? Um, that kinda happened in the Primary. Trump ended up with, not a majority, but a plurality of votes.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You left out: against 16 opponents.

It's not relevant. Saying that Trump got just 44% of the GOP vote only because there were 16 others doesn't tell the full story. Our elections never tell the full story because a one bit binary number can't represent what millions of people want. Trump's unfavorablity rating has always been the highest of all candidates since the start. His win is a byproduct of a system which favors the most fringe candidates during times when the nation is most divided. Surely a truly representative voting system wouldn't elect the least electable candidate. But it did.

When everyone else dropped out leaving two candidates in the GOP, THE TWO LEAST LIKED candidates were the ones left standing. What kind of system would produce an outcome like that? Well, ours. So then, everyone who wanted someone else besides the douche and the turd were stuck pigeon-holed between those two. By the time the Indiana primary rolled around the only choice left was Cruz and Trump. But when there were 17 candidates I'm not sure Cruz was even in my top 5. Trump wasn't in my top 10. I held my nose and voted for Cruz. And now I have to hold my nose and vote for Trump.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom