Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    She said she wrote that speech "with some help". It's wrong to plagiarize but I feel sorry for her if she got help from someone else who put those words in her speech without her realizing what they are from.

I'm guessing that speech-writer has been thoroughly fired. Probably did it purposefully to cause this sort of reaction

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Writing/speeches have 2 components: content and structure. For a professional speechwriter to have both the content and structure match up like that is malpractice. It was either intentional or professionally negligent to an extreme IMHO.

Also, probably not Melania's fault. Unless they showed her Michelle's speech and she asked for "something like that."

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    A statement

CntSnAuWgAAba9l.jpg:large

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Reaction by the left to the Republican convention continues to be civil as expected:

From a GQ writer, talking about the mother of a Benghazi casualty who spoke at the convention:
    CntQBaQW8AAqCOq.jpg

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    A statement

It "included fragments"? That's awfully close to an admission. In fact, they could've left it that the sentiments are fundamental to America and have been expressed for generations.

Instead they say the speech included fragments from other people. This remains amateur hour.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It "included fragments"? That's awfully close to an admission. In fact, they could've left it that the sentiments are fundamental to America and have been expressed for generations.

Instead they say the speech included fragments from other people. This remains amateur hour.

Chris Christie says it's "not plagiarism, because 93% of it is different than Michelle Obama's speech"

And of course, Trump apologists deflecting... as always... saying "But Obama/Biden plagiarized too!"... yeah, they did. Therefore... what?

Yeah, I don't blame Meliana here... but damn this campaign is poorly managed. Again... as though they aren't trying to win. Every action has leaned that direction.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

If you pay Walmart prices, you get Walmart stuff.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    She looked better than any potential first lady in the last 100 years. Who was listening to her?!!! I was looking at her...and that soft, silky, sexy Slovenian accent.....

Plus she didn't say that this was the only time she was proud to be an American like Michelle did....

I won't vote for Trump, but Melania would look good in Raquel Welch's 1 Million Years BC outfit....

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    If you pay Walmart prices, you get Walmart stuff.

Interesting. Is Trump not paying staffers very much? That would explain some of the issues.

I think it's much ado about not much.

In the overall scheme of things, I agree. It is more symbolic of deeper concerns, as part of a pattern of low performance. As I've been told by professional campaign people helping in lesser races over the years, how you run your campaign should reflect how you would serve.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Don't forget the duck humpers that are going to be speaking and snake handling there.

"Yeah.... Yuck Yuck yuck...'Cause you know they all love duck huntin' and Jesus so I just made up a funny...'cause you know...I'm all cosmopolitan and stuff 'cause I dun reed Huffington Post and I like Europe...'Cause you know...I'm like all sophisticated...Yuck...Yuck...Yuck...."

I liked 5th grade too....I just eventually grew out of it.....

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Interesting. Is Trump not paying staffers very much? That would explain some of the issues.

I don't know what he's paying them, but judging from the quality of his campaign staff, he's going as cheap as he can get away with. He could only get much cheaper if he got it from China.

In the overall scheme of things, I agree. It is more symbolic of deeper concerns, as part of a pattern of low performance. As I've been told by professional campaign people helping in lesser races over the years, how you run your campaign should reflect how you would serve.

That's pretty much what I'm saying. There isn't any "there" there as far as impugning the character of Malina. That's all just media buzz to make more of it than there is. The only real story is the Walmart quality of his staff.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I don't know what he's paying them, but judging from the quality of his campaign staff, he's going as cheap as he can get away with. He could only get much cheaper if he got it from China.

Wonder why he'd spend so little? And funnel campaign money back into his own businesses?

It's... now stay with me here for a sec.... It's as though he's only doing this to benefit himself, and doesn't actually want to be President.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom