Not open for further replies.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I can name a pretty good number a possible VP candidates that are superior to Pence, and tactically make sense. Why pick a guy from a state that is pretty much a runaway win for Trump. Pence also carries a significant amount of baggage. What type of voters does Pence bring with him, that haven't already pledged to support Trump? Pence isn't swaying fence-sitters, he's solidifying the base...but the base alone, won't win Trump the election. It's a honestly confusing pick.

Easy: social conservatives - from outside Indiana. He's cutting the rank-and-file legs out from underneath the #NeverTrump crybaby Elites.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Rather than make a new one, I suggest we use this thread for the RNC goings-on.

On the schedule for today, July 18th

Today's focus is "Make America Safe Again". Headline speakers include Melania Trump, Lieutenant General (ret.) Michael Flynn, U.S. Senator Joni Ernst (R-Iowa), U.S. Senator Tom Cotton (R-Arkansas), Jason Beardsley, and U.S. Rep. Ryan Zinke (R-Montana).

Also on the docket are some Duck Dynasty guys, Gov Rick Perry, Marcus Luttrell (US Navy SEAL), Scott Baio, Pat Smith (mother of Benghazi victim Sean Smith), Mark Geist (USMC Vet, Benghazi), John Tiegen (USMC Vet, Benghazi), Kent Terry and Kelly Terry-Willis, Antonio Sabato, Mary Ann Mendoza, Sabine Durden, Jamiel Shaw, Rep Michael McCaul, David Clarke (Milwaukee County Sheriff), Rep Sean Duffy, Rachel Campos Duffy, Darryl Glenn, Karen Vaughn, Jeff Sessions, Rudy Giuliani, Lt Gen Michael Flynn, Senator Joni Ernst, Jason Beardsly, and Ryan Zinke

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Who's going to be watching? I typically watched very little of either party's convention.

If you're going to the Lawrence County fair tonight or tomorrow, I'll be helping the Lion's Club do vision screenings and on Thursday and Friday, I'll be helping the Bedford First Baptist Church in their food booth. Stop by and we can talk politics or guns or whatever.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Codepink already protesting convention

Cnl-kCRVUAIZNPx.jpg

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Trump and Chachi on stage together makes sense almost anywhere except the Republican National Convention.

But, this is a unique time in American history. Anything can happen.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Don't forget the duck humpers that are going to be speaking and snake handling there.

I'm not a fan, and I'm not a religious person. But calling them duck humpers, and disparaging their religion is a provocative way to make a point. I could make similar remarks about groups that I'm sure you support, and saying the same kinds of stuff about those groups would probably get me banned.

I think you need to chill out on that ****.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom