GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Look at that, Cruz doesn't like the fact that the people rejected him and is now resorting to subversion. I always knew he was a rat.

I know how much you hate Cruz but it's his "staffers" that are named pushing this. Cruz has not been quoted as supporting this and I personnally doubt he'd play along if these guys did pull this off. But..."lyin' Ted!"

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I know how much you hate Cruz but it's his "staffers" that are named pushing this. Cruz has not been quoted as supporting this and I personnally doubt he'd play along if these guys did pull this off. But..."lyin' Ted!"

Because Cruz has no control whatsoever over the political shenanigans in which his own staffers involve themselves.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It ain't happening. What I heard about it is that a number of people are getting very nervous about Trump being Trump and there's a lot of scurrying about trying to figure out what they can do about it. They're also courting Scott Walker. I guess the play is to get the rules changed and let the delegates vote for whomever.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The logic is baffling. He's not even well liked in his own state!

You're assuming Trump actually wants to win.

Yeah, but he is highly regarded outside Indiana. And, Trump is at very little risk in Indiana, so it isn't like he has to placate us.

Pence would bring some discipline (hopefully) to the Trump campaign, with few control issues.

Now, in the back of my head, though, I have this sneaking suspicion that this hasn't been an interview process for VP at all. I think Trump's been trying to figure out who would make a better crown prince.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    If Trump loses in November, Pence will be able to pass the blame off onto Donald. The way things were going at home here in Indiana, Pence would have been culpable for his own loss.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Colorful commentary on Republicans by the haters. If you guys are ragging on Trump and Pence, then it must be the right move. ;)

Other than the purple, what in the world are you talking about?

I'm not convinced this is a good move for Pence, but it is probably a good move for Trump.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Colorful commentary on Republicans by the haters. If you guys are ragging on Trump and Pence, then it must be the right move. ;)

I can name a pretty good number a possible VP candidates that are superior to Pence, and tactically make sense. Why pick a guy from a state that is pretty much a runaway win for Trump. Pence also carries a significant amount of baggage. What type of voters does Pence bring with him, that haven't already pledged to support Trump? Pence isn't swaying fence-sitters, he's solidifying the base...but the base alone, won't win Trump the election. It's a honestly confusing pick.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Other than the purple, what in the world are you talking about?

I'm not convinced this is a good move for Pence, but it is probably a good move for Trump.

It's a horrible move for Pence too. When the GOP get back control of their party, theyre going to etch Trump off the pyramid and pretend he never existed. Those that were in his corner, are going to end up outcasts.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I can name a pretty good number a possible VP candidates that are superior to Pence, and tactically make sense. Why pick a guy from a state that is pretty much a runaway win for Trump. Pence also carries a significant amount of baggage. What type of voters does Pence bring with him, that haven't already pledged to support Trump? Pence isn't swaying fence-sitters, he's solidifying the base...but the base alone, won't win Trump the election. It's a honestly confusing pick.

It's a horrible move for Pence too. When the GOP get back control of their party, theyre going to etch Trump off the pyramid and pretend he never existed. Those that were in his corner, are going to end up outcasts.

The base is where he needs help - voters who would otherwise stay home or leave the top line empty. Pence is "safe" and can likely be rehabbed after the RFRA mess.

Plus, like I said, I think this is more about stepping up than the about the VP position itself.

I am curious what INGO Trumpers think about the pick, though. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom