• Status
    Not open for further replies.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    He filibustered for 24 hours straight, he couldn't stall for a few minutes to make sure his facts were straight on something as important as the TPP?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Likely story, I don't see Ted Cruz as the type to fall for "misrepresentation", especially from dimwitted Mitch McConnell.

Believe what you want. I heard Cruz explain his change of position and McConnell's chicanery. But it's water under the bridge now. It is what it is.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I just try to be a pragmatic/strategic voter and vote for what I think is the most likely best outcome.

I held my nose and voted for McCain, and for Romney.

And their opponent, Obama, has NOTHING on Hillary Clinton. The woman is evil incarnate, and would make Obama look like a choir boy.

I share your concern about how well the Republican party represents me, but I have NO qualms about how I will vote, to ensure that Hillary Clinton gets nowhere near the White House.

I remain unconvinced that any of the choices are less bad than any other. Different flavors of poo are still poo. I'd rather not partake, TYVM. At least with McCain, Romney - heck even GWB, there was intellectual honesty supporting the lesser-evil assessment. This is an entirely different conundrum.

I will keep an open mind. There is the possibility that one of the candidates will do or say something to increment up or down the scale. We shall see.

Hey, is there a 2016 General Election thread yet? I guess now is the time to start.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    :lmfao:

Trump is a boor everywhere he goes -- gets your vote.
    Cruz calls out corrupt behavior on the Senate floor and that's some sacred place and Cruz is a liar about TPP?

Beam me up, Scotty.

I'm not sure we're on the same page here. I was responding to someone making false/hyperbolic claims about Trump; nothing more.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    I remain unconvinced that any of the choices are less bad than any other. Different flavors of poo are still poo. I'd rather not partake, TYVM. At least with McCain, Romney - heck even GWB, there was intellectual honesty supporting the lesser-evil assessment. This is an entirely different conundrum.

I will keep an open mind. There is the possibility that one of the candidates will do or say something to increment up or down the scale. We shall see.

Hey, is there a 2016 General Election thread yet? I guess now is the time to start.

Screw a "compassionate Conservative", they are worse than a democrat, since they put real conservatives to sleep, like what happened under W.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Hey, is there a [STRIKE]2016[/STRIKE] 2020 General Election thread yet? I guess now is the time to start.

FTFY

CountryBoy1981

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Is Trump more conservative than Hillary? If your answer is yes he is then vote for Trump. We all know the system is f-ed up, but we got to stop Hillary.

Can't say that he is in some things. Only one candidate has proposed a 10% wealth/bank account tax that I know of, Trump stands to the Left of Clinton and Sanders on that issue.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    Can't say that he is in some things. Only one candidate has proposed a 10% wealth/bank account tax that I know of, Trump stands to the Left of Clinton and Sanders on that issue.
    That's one issue - I'm talking about the candidates as a whole. Hillary wants more taxes for 3rd world aid, wants to disarm us, wants more funding for abortions, wants religious freedoms removed, wants more common core in schools, wants to expand ObamaCare, wants to expand welfare, wants to allow more illegal immigrants, won't call ISIS terrorists, etc. If you think she's more conservative than Trump you are confused.

CountryBoy1981

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    After Bush, Dole, Bush Jr., McCain, Romney, and Trump, I think I am officially done with the Republican Party. Every year the party nominates some big government government moderate candidates and we are told we have to eat poo because the other poo is worse. I am done. I am tired of eating poo.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    It is time to leave the Republican Party. The Party holds dear to NY values.
    Can I have your guns then? I'd like to hide as many as I can before all you abstainers let Hillary win and take them away like Australia did to it's sheeple. I'll trade you a couple sling shots and a pocket knife for them since that's all that she will let be legal.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom