• Status
    Not open for further replies.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    I guess people wanted to vote for a progressive candidate that threw money at politicians to get his way so that candidate could end the corruption that he helped fuel?
    Sorry, but Cruz was the progressive Bush operative in sheep's clothing.

Trumps ideas was on immigration control, America first trade deals, non military interventionism, and free market healthcare system are totally at odds with the progressive agenda.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'm not sure there is a Senate possible that would confirm Cruz on scotus. Such a Senate would have to have a super majority of not just Republicans, but republicans who don't actually hate Cruz.

At this point I don't think anyone really believes that will happen.

There is always AG

CountryBoy1981

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    I'm expecting some form of chicanery from the establishment to try and stop Trump.

He was endorsed by Boehner and stood up for McConnell, Trump is in and has been in bed with establisment candidates. The theory that he is an outsider doesn't hold water.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Well, I used my middle finger to vote for Cruz and give a rhetorical middle finger to the middle finger in the GOP primary and ended up with a middle finger directed back at me by my brethren in the Indiana GOP.

There will be much soul searching before I can figure out whether to vote for this selection of crit sandwiches. And even more before I figure out if this really is the party for me.

Yeah, I know, 'bye Felicia.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    He was endorsed by Boehner and stood up for McConnell, Trump is in and has been in bed with establisment candidates. The theory that he is an outsider doesn't hold water.

:koolaid:

Boehner never endorsed Trump. Trump never "stood up for" McConnell. He attacked Cruz for calling the Senate Majority Leader a liar, on the floor of the Senate.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    :koolaid:

Boehner never endorsed Trump. Trump never "stood up for" McConnell. He attacked Cruz for calling the Senate Majority Leader a liar, on the floor of the Senate.

McConnell is a liar. Cruz did that when (as he was accused of recently as a flip-flopper on the TPP or TPA or abc) he found out McConnell "misrepresented" the deals that were struck to get that legislation passed.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well, I used my middle finger to vote for Cruz and give a rhetorical middle finger to the middle finger in the GOP primary and ended up with a middle finger directed back at me by my brethren in the Indiana GOP.

There will be much soul searching before I can figure out whether to vote for this selection of crit sandwiches. And even more before I figure out if this really is the party for me.

I just try to be a pragmatic/strategic voter and vote for what I think is the most likely best outcome.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

I held my nose and voted for McCain, and for Romney.

And their opponent, Obama, has NOTHING on Hillary Clinton. The woman is evil incarnate, and would make Obama look like a choir boy.

I share your concern about how well the Republican party represents me, but I have NO qualms about how I will vote, to ensure that Hillary Clinton gets nowhere near the White House.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    McConnell is a liar. Cruz did that when (as he was accused of recently as a flip-flopper on the TPP or TPA or abc) he found out McConnell "misrepresented" the deals that were struck to get that legislation passed.

I agree that McConnell is a liar.

The floor of the Senate probably isn't the best place to call him on it.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County

And their opponent, Obama, has NOTHING on Hillary Clinton. The woman is evil incarnate, and would make Obama look like a choir boy.

I share your concern about how well the Republican party represents me, but I have NO qualms about how I will vote, to ensure that Hillary Clinton gets nowhere near the White House.

AMEN TO THAT!

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana

Amen. Totally agree with you!

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    Likely story, I don't see Ted Cruz as the type to fall for "misrepresentation", especially from dimwitted Mitch McConnell.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I agree that McConnell is a liar.

The floor of the Senate probably isn't the best place to call him on it.

:lmfao:

Trump is a boor everywhere he goes -- gets your vote.
    Cruz calls out corrupt behavior on the Senate floor and that's some sacred place and Cruz is a liar about TPP?

Beam me up, Scotty.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom