• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Progress: Trump naming foreign policy advisors.
    US Election 2016: Donald Trump names foreign policy advisers - BBC News

On Monday, Mr Trump named retired Lt Gen Keith Kellogg, Carter Page, George Papadopoulos, Walid Phares and retired Gen Joseph Schmitz.
    The team is led by Republican Senator Jeff Sessions of Alabama who has helped shape Mr Trump's policies, most notably on immigration

Somewhat odd that the unEstablishment candidate would have a sitting senator as the leader of foreign policy. Sessions' foreign policy credentials include: senate budget committee, judiciary committee, armed forces committee, and the environment and public works committee. He voted for the Iraq War.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

Actually Kut no it doesn't, well the headline does but the article itself no. It seems to me that they try to imply it though. Here is what it does say.
    With a packed house, many walked out during Trump's speech in protest to his alleged "bigotry" and "racism" as Rabbis gathered outside for a religious study. The number reached in the hundreds including those protesting outside the arena, and those who walked out during the speech.
    And this.
    Outside of the arena, hundreds protested Trump's arrival,
    Just how many is "many"? Why use such a subjective number rather than let's say a range like 10-20, 30-50 or even an approximation such as around 30?

Somewhat odd that the unEstablishment candidate would have a sitting senator as the leader of foreign policy. Sessions' foreign policy credentials include: senate budget committee, judiciary committee, armed forces committee, and the environment and public works committee. He voted for the Iraq War.

Seems a bit odd, but he does need people with served political experience. And Sessions, while I don't agree with him on everything seems to be a decent pick.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

On Monday, Mr Trump named retired Lt Gen Keith Kellogg, Carter Page, George Papadopoulos, Walid Phares and retired Gen Joseph Schmitz.
    The team is led by Republican Senator Jeff Sessions of Alabama who has helped shape Mr Trump's policies, most notably on immigration

Probably Trump should touch base with his speechwriters and foreign policy team every now and again so his off-script rhetoric at least is in the same hemisphere.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    The gap continues to grow.

But "something something doesn't matter" from those in denial.

RCP averages with new CBS/NYT added:
    Clinton 48.8 Trump 39.8 (-9.0)
    Clinton 46.8 Cruz 46 (-0.8)
    Clinton 42.0 Kasich 47.0 (+5.0)

"But I lead in all the polls."

CNN gives Clinton a huge 37 point lead over Trump among college grads. Tied among those without a degreel

Ah yes. The polls.

Clinton Maintains Large Lead Over Obama Nationally

Still waiting for the weather forecast for November 8. :):

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Seems a bit odd, but he does need people with served political experience. And Sessions, while I don't agree with him on everything seems to be a decent pick.

I think Sessions is probably a good pick for domestic issues, and maybe even as Veep. I don't see anything that suggest foreign policy or national security background.

Although, and I'm REALLY not sure what to make of this, one of the advisors is a former director of Blackwater.

From here:

Retired Lt Gen Keith Kellogg

• Served under Coalition Provisional Authority leader Paul Bremer during the Iraq war
    • Vice-president at defence contractor CACI International
    Carter Page

• Long time energy industry executive
    • Expert on the Caspian Sea region and economic development in former Soviet states
    George Papadopoulos

• Director of the London-based Center for International Energy and Natural Resources Law & Security
    • Research fellow at the Hudson Institute, a conservative think tank
    Walid Phares

• Professor at National Defense University
    • Adviser to members of Congress
    Retired Gen Joseph Schmitz

• Former inspector general at the Defense Department
    • Former executive at defence contractor Blackwater

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Actually Kut no it doesn't, well the headline does but the article itself no. It seems to me that they try to imply it though. Here is what it does say.

And this.

Just how many is "many"? Why use such a subjective number rather than let's say a range like 10-20, 30-50 or even an approximation such as around 30?

That's as bad - and as blatant - as conflating suicide and murder, to inflate the number of deaths involving firearms.

Tens of thousands are killed each year by firearms, including murders and the tens of thousands who commit suicide.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    The dynamics are always different from one election to the next. I'm not sure an Obama making-history-wave will materialize for Trump to carry him to victory.

Neither are many people interested in making history by electing that woman. She is despised, even by many in her party.
    I believe that Trump could beat her soundly. And if we have a major terrorist attack on US soil before election day, Trump wins in a landslide.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Neither are many people interested in making history by electing that woman. She is despised, even by many in her party.
    I believe that Trump could beat her soundly. And if we have a major terrorist attack on US soil before election day, Trump wins in a landslide.

Yes, big, game changing events can change the polling in a second.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

So, to beat some that is despised, even by those in her own party, we should put up some that is more despised, and by greater numbers in his own party.

Got it.

And now do you understand why I find Trumpster logic so frustrating?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    So, to beat some that is despised, even by those in her own party, we should put up some that is more despised, and by greater numbers in his own party.

Got it. And now do you understand why I find Trumpster logic so frustrating?

It's not about party. Trump is pulling voters who have never voted before. People who would otherwise not bother to leave the house to vote for a republican. AND he is also pulling republicans who are sick and tired of losing to liberals. AND he is pulling evangelicals. He wins in places where you would not expect someone like him to win. And in places where you would fully expect it.

Maybe this will help you to understand:

The Surprising Ways in Which Trump Won Illinois | Chicago magazine | Politics & City Life March 2016

Just because YOU may despise him doesn't mean that he is widely despised. The media narrative doesn't match the level of enthusiasm for Trump. People like you are going to be scratching your heads at the upcoming events this election season.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Tying the Brussels terror attack today to Trump? You stay classy, Ted:

[video=youtube;_s7ISeFD1Fk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_s7ISeFD1Fk[/video]

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Wait, my turn! (ignoring the Infowars video... *shudder*)

*cough*

Here's the full quote:

"It is striking that the day after Donald Trump called for weakening NATO, withdrawing from NATO, we see Brussels, where NATO is headquartered, the subject of a radical Islamic terror attack," Cruz said Tuesday in a news conference hours after terrorists struck civilian targets in Brussels, where the North Atlantic Treaty Organization is headquartered.

"Donald Trump is wrong that America should withdraw from the world and abandon our allies. Donald Trump is wrong that American should retreat from Europe, retreat from NATO, hand Putin a major victory and while he's at it hand ISIS a major victory," Cruz said.

Cruz seems to be re-enforcing the need for the US to remain with NATO and our allies... emphasizing that Trump would leave our now-allies hanging in these sorts of dire times.

(did i do good. i even bolded parts of it)

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    The terrorist attack in Brussels is the direct result of what happens when you let weak, liberal cuckolds control your immigration policy.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Meanwhile, in Brussels (recorded 13 March 2016):

[video=youtube;BsNXmQQSSp0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsNXmQQSSp0[/video]

And Trump was ridiculed by the media, back in January, for pointing out the situation in Brussels.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Wait, my turn! (ignoring the Infowars video... *shudder*)

If there's another source to the video, I'd be happy to post it. Has anyone else bothered to report on it?

*cough*

Here's the full quote:

Cruz seems to be re-enforcing the need for the US to remain with NATO and our allies... emphasizing that Trump would leave our now-allies hanging in these sorts of dire times.

(did i do good. i even bolded parts of it)

Wait: didn't you just call me out for parsing what someone else said? Put all the lipstick you want on that pig; it won't hide the fact that Cruz just tried to tie a terrorist attack to Trump.

Despicable.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom