• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    If there's another source to the video, I'd be happy to post it. Has anyone else bothered to report on it?

Wait: didn't you just call me out for parsing what someone else said? Put all the lipstick you want on that pig; it won't hide the fact that Cruz just tried to tie a terrorist attack to Trump.

Despicable.

Whoa! Back the truck up-- *tied* a terror attack to Trump? You're asserting by that statement that Cruz is somehow holding Trump as being responsible for the terror attack. That's not tenable.

It is an entirely legitimate thing to tie a Trump policy and its expected consequences to current events.

There's nothing despicable about that. Your comment seems rather disingenuous and not reflecting any reasonable interpretation of Cruz's remarks.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Whoa! Back the truck up-- *tied* a terror attack to Trump? You're asserting by that statement that Cruz is somehow holding Trump as being responsible for the terror attack. That's not tenable.

No. I said "tied", not "responsible". I intentionally used the former, rather than the latter.

It is an entirely legitimate thing to tie a Trump policy and its expected consequences to current events.

Trump had nothing to do with the terror attack. Trump policy had nothing to do with the terror attack (not the least reason being that no Trump policy has been implemented). No Trump statement had anything to do with the terror attack.

There's nothing despicable about that. Your comment seems rather disingenuous and not reflecting any reasonable interpretation of Cruz's remarks.

Please, enlighten us with a "reasonable interpretation" of Cruz's remarks.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Yes, its a bit of a stretch to say Cruz was saying that Trump was responsible...... HOWEVER.......

He's using the attack by islamists *******s to paint Trumps policy as complicit if NATO is attacked.
    SEE SEE!! Trump wants to withdraw (defund) NATO and they NEED OUR SUPPORT.

Yes, it is an attempt to pull him into the cycle, our participation or lack thereof in NATO will have nothing do with controlling or causing additional terror attack by islamist *******s.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I read Cruz's quote as a non-sequitur. His remarks about Trump advocating we withdraw from NATO stand on their own. It's not clear to me how one can "tie" an attack in Brussels to NATO just because the HQ is there?

Putting aside the non-sequitor aspect of his introduction, the comments are valid and stand alone:
    Donald Trump is wrong that America should withdraw from the world and abandon our allies. Donald Trump is wrong that American should retreat from Europe, retreat fromNATO, hand Putin a major victory and while he's at it hand ISIS a major victory," Cruz said.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I read Cruz's quote as a non-sequitur. His remarks about Trump advocating we withdraw from NATO stand on their own. It's not clear to me how one can "tie" an attack in Brussels to NATO just because the HQ is there?

Putting aside the non-sequitor aspect of his introduction, the comments are valid and stand alone:
    Donald Trump is wrong that America should withdraw from the world and abandon our allies. Donald Trump is wrong that American should retreat from Europe, retreat fromNATO, hand Putin a major victory and while he's at it hand ISIS a major victory," Cruz said.

So, why wave the bloody shirt to make that point? Why bring up Trump's name at all, when asked to comment about the terror attacks in Brussels? What is the reasonable explanation for such a non sequitur (or, more accurately, post hoc ergo propter hoc)?

This is no different than Shannon Watts talking about Wayne LaPierre opposing universal background checks when asked about the latest drive-by shooting.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    If our "allies" insist on importing barbarism into their fold, let them reap what they sow. Some people just have to learn the hard way.

I'd rather we didn't have to dig Europe out of its own mistakes again. We've let them almost lay waste to the western world twice through their stupidity. It's time to find a course of action to bring them to their senses before we end up having to send our sons and daughters in for the 3rd time to save them from themselves.

This is sick, why would you want more of your own people slaughtered in an effort to appease crazy people?
    sCPJQGD.jpg

SovhNL0.png

Sick, absolutely sick minds. Their stupidity is going to cost us trillions of dollars and thousands of lives.

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Arizona numbers starting to come in, early voting has Trump at 46%, Cruz 20%, others 22%, and Kasich 10% (as of 11pm EST)

March 22nd GOP | Decision Desk HQ

Ted Cruz may be wishing AZ didn't have early vote. Tons of Rubio voters cast ballots before Rubio exit, costing Cruz HUGE.

Edit: AZ called for Trump and Clinton

Last edited:

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    Ted Cruz may be wishing AZ didn't have early vote. Tons of Rubio voters cast ballots before Rubio exit, costing Cruz HUGE.

Cruz would of needed 77% of the votes cast for others to tie Trump. I doubt its likely he would of benefited that much from those votes.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Cruz would of needed 77% of the votes cast for others to tie Trump. I doubt its likely he would of benefited that much from those votes.

That hasn't stopped the former Rubio supporters, now Cruz supporters, from blaming Rubio supporters last night.

Elections really bring out the anger, always having to find someone to blame.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Kasich is still in the race despite having fewer total delegates than Rubio. He also got fewer votes than him yesterday.

So what's his plan? He was berated in an interview yesterday or the day before about staying in and having no chance mathematically to win. Do you think it's all about convention with him now?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Kasich is still in the race despite having fewer total delegates than Rubio. He also got fewer votes than him yesterday.

So what's his plan? He was berated in an interview yesterday or the day before about staying in and having no chance mathematically to win. Do you think it's all about convention with him now?

Possible reasons for Kasich:

1. He thinks he can win the nomination in a contested convention
    2. He thinks he can better position himself as a VP pick in a brokered convention
    3. He thinks the continued exposure in the 2016 primary will help him in a 2020 primary bid
    4. He's secretly working with Trump, for [insert reasons here]
    5. He has an Obama-level ego that won't let him quit

Others?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom