• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Keep in mind that, assuming Obama's nomination is blocked, a Sanders or Hillary presidency would most definitely put a leftist on the Supreme Court. That leaves the left in charge of two of three branches.

Going forward that poses a problem but in the short term legislation isn't getting through a Republican congress.
    I'm just coming from a, put off the gun control legislation long enough for me to afford the stuff I want, point of view hah I'm not an optimist long term.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Going forward that poses a problem but in the short term legislation isn't getting through a Republican congress.
    I'm just coming from a, put off the gun control legislation long enough for me to afford the stuff I want, point of view hah I'm not an optimist long term.
    The possibility of a "reverse Heller" as I dub it is what worries me. But, you've got a point. They could make any ruling on the applicability of the Second Amendment they want, but it won't matter if no additional laws are passed. Of course that's Federal. Certain states would get totally screwed by their legislatures but I guess they voted themselves into that mess.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    The possibility of a "reverse Heller" as I dub it is what worries me. But, you've got a point. They could make any ruling on the applicability of the Second Amendment they want, but it won't matter if no additional laws are passed. Of course that's Federal. Certain states would get totally screwed by their legislatures but I guess they voted themselves into that mess.

True, those poor saps in Illinois could be turning back over the carry permits they just got.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Keep in mind that, assuming Obama's nomination is blocked, a Sanders or Hillary presidency would most definitely put a leftist on the Supreme Court. That leaves the left in charge of two of three branches.

Don't assume that the other branch would remain under GOP control. A lot of Senators are up for reelection in purple or blue states. They only need to flip a hand full to gain control of the Senate. The House could also be vulnerable if the coattails flap the wrong way. We thought the past 8 years was a disaster. Imagine what the next 4 would be with Hillary in the White House, another social justice warrior on the bench, and Democrats controlling both the House and Senate.

Time to buy a boat for that accident.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Trump now threatening a 3rd party run on Morning Joe.

Romney about to speak this morning on Trump.

Mitt Romney to Eviscerate Donald Trump as 'Phony' and 'Fraud' - NBC News

Ccn-sLdXEAAQGGS.jpg:large

Also

NM Gov endorses Rubio - N.M. Gov. Susana Martinez endorses Marco Rubio twitchy.com

and

Your candidate is being chosen for you - The Trump supporters who believe their candidate is the anti-establishment destroyer of media are being conned, and the con is being perpetrated by the people they hate the most: the Clintonistas of network media.

Exactly. Not sure what it'll take for them to realize this.

Last edited:

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    'Trump appears to have overstated his income, by a lot, which could be reason he avoided releasing returns.'

HE IS THE MOST BRILLIANT BUSINESS MAN THAT HAS EVER LIVED. Also, he's not very good at business.

Why Donald Trump's Tax Returns May Prove He's Not That Rich - Fortune

Isn't it true that most truly wealthy people do not personally own their wealth (it is sheltered), and do not personally earn the vast majority of their annual income (it is similarly sheltered/separated-by-degree)?

This tax returns "story" is almost as big of a nothingburger as the David Duke nonsense.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

So the party has a serious problem with the base. Their response? They are going to roll out Mitt Romney, who pretty much epitomizes why they have a problem with the base. Is this meant to remind everyone how inept these people have become? Are they truly ignorant that the base has grown to despise Romney and his ilk that run the GOP?

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    So the party has a serious problem with the base. Their response? They are going to roll out Mitt Romney, who pretty much epitomizes why they have a problem with the base. Is this meant to remind everyone how inept these people have become? Are they truly ignorant that the base has grown to despise Romney and his ilk that run the GOP?

It's just like all of the endorsements that Rubio has picked up. Is anyone the least bit surprised that establishment politicians support the establishment candidate for the status quo?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    An independent run would affirm that

a. He was completely in this for himself, and has no interest in Conservatism or helping the party win.
    b. He's completely fine with President Clinton.

Even he has to know he can't win as an independent. A small part of me thinks he would ungracefully back out if the party didn't welcome him in the end... but that would require him to have not lied about being Conservative.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Trump now threatening a 3rd party run on Morning Joe.

An independent run would affirm that

a. He was completely in this for himself, and has no interest in Conservatism or helping the party win.
    b. He's completely fine with President Clinton.

Even he has to know he can't win as an independent. A small part of me thinks he would ungracefully back out if the party didn't welcome him in the end... but that would require him to have not lied about being Conservative.

Can you provide more context on what he said about a 3rd party run? I mean, he's WINNING the nomination. Like, Charlie Sheen level winning. If he doesn't get a majority of the delegates, then a brokered convention isn't "stealing" it, it is the process working itself out.

By the way, in terms of worse "lesser of 2 evils" elections, a group of Boomers was comparing this to the 1972 Nixon v. McGovern choice. That's not a good thing.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Can you provide more context on what he said about a 3rd party run? I mean, he's WINNING the nomination. Like, Charlie Sheen level winning. If he doesn't get a majority of the delegates, then a brokered convention isn't "stealing" it, it is the process working itself out.

By the way, in terms of worse "lesser of 2 evils" elections, a group of Boomers was comparing this to the 1972 Nixon v. McGovern choice. That's not a good thing.

Found a link

Trump: 'If I get out' supporters going with me | TheHill

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Thanks. That's interesting, and revealing. It shows he's not good at math. Even with the "millions" of people he's turning out, that isn't enough to win the general election.

Being "treated the right way" - what's that even supposed to mean?

And he absolutely must know that. It would just be spiteful to carry that independent campaign to fruition... but maybe that's the plan. The guy's a Democrat, and perhaps he wanted this from the beginning. Spend months conning millions of people into believing in you, then pull them away from the party you pretended to be a part of so your buddy Hillary Clinton can finally achieve the goal she's wanted for so long.

I think Cruz and Rubio need to unite, today. Figure out the order of the ticket later... but unite now. If Trump does this, there aren't many routes remaining to keep Clinton out of office.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    And he absolutely must know that. It would just be spiteful to carry that independent campaign to fruition... but maybe that's the plan. The guy's a Democrat, and perhaps he wanted this from the beginning. Spend months conning millions of people into believing in you, then pull them away from the party you pretended to be a part of so your buddy Hillary Clinton can finally achieve the goal she's wanted for so long.

I think Cruz and Rubio need to unite, today. Figure out the order of the ticket later... but unite now. If Trump does this, there aren't many routes remaining to keep Clinton out of office.

Here's something potentially worse: President Trump.

Been reading more about how Dems are worried about the turnout issue. The more Trump thrives after self-inflicted wounds, the more worried the HRC team get. If turnout is low on their side, he can waltz into the White House. Plenty of GOPers will vote for him to keep her out (not saying that's unreasonable).

To your point, though, yes. They either need to unite or Rubio needs to drop out. I think he's shown to be less "electable" of the two.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Trump just released his healthcare reform plan. Mentions repealing all of Obamacare. But I've been reassured he's a secret democrat so he must be lying.

What about releasing his plan means it's honest and his actual intentions? Why is there zero skepticism on INGO when it comes to Trump support?

"Trump told me he likes guns, I can't believe you rubes thinks he still supports AWB. That was totally years ago." His support of individual mandate was, like, so 2015.

Unrelated:

Trump Gives White Supremacists Press Credentials

Trump’s idea of disavowing hateful white supremacist groups includes giving them full credentials to his rallies and, just to make sure they got the message loud and clear, he also threw in an exclusive interview with his son, Donald Trump Jr.

“I attended a Donald Trump rally in Memphis on Saturday night as a fully credentialed member of the media and enjoyed the unique experience of being able to air a live broadcast of The Political Cesspool Radio Program from inside the press pen while the event was in full swing,” white supremacist radio show host James Edwards wrote in his blog on Tuesday. “Next Saturday’s show will feature a previously taped 20-minute interview with Donald Trump, Jr.”

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So, where did Trump threaten to go third party/independent? How does answering (repeated) hypothetical questions constitute a threat to act on that hypothetical?

Yet another non-story, in the same vein of Trump not refuting a non-endorsement.

“I am watching television and I am seeing ad after ad after ad put in by the establishment knocking the hell out of me, and it’s really unfair,” Trump said on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.” “But if I leave, if I go, regardless of independent, which I may do — I mean, may or may not. But if I go, I will tell you, these millions of people that joined, they’re all coming with me.”

Trump again threatens independent bid - POLITICO

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville

But its ok for the GOPe to be talking and considering running a 3 party candidate.

Cruz and Rubio will never unite, you might as well give up on that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom