• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    You're talking about a difference-of-differecnes of 23 delegates: 0.1% of all delegates.
    Ok. :) Rubio is still losing. And his delegates are the difference between Trump and Cruz (acknowledging that it is unlikely all of them would have gone to Cruz).

But the point is: Cruz badly underperformed in his likely-strongest states, and with his likely-strongest demographics. Rubio won Minnesota and performed well in Virginia, which are representative of his likely-strongest states and likely-strongest demographics.
    First, what demos are you referencing? I think you're wrong about expectations, but I'm not sure which demos you're talking about.

Second, if Rubio "does well" and loses, he still loses.

Third, if Rubio wasn't in the race, where do you think those demos would go? Probably not to Trump. IMHO.

I suppose that pledged/bound delegates could go to whomever their candidate endorses. But I think it is more likely that, if their candidate is not qualified to be presented for the first ballot, then they are free to vote for whomever (i.e. they become unpledged/unbound).
    Generally, the first ballot goes to their candidate or the candidate endorsed by their candidate. After that, it is open season. That's why it is important to get the delegates/endorsements to get over the 50% mark on the first ballot.

Sometimes, the delegates can be "released" - either formally or informally - from their first-ballot obligations.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm reminded of this Trump twitter gem:

Trump said:
    Sorry losers and haters, but my I.Q. is one of the highest -and you all know it! Please don't feel so stupid or insecure,it's not your fault

let's make that president.

T.Lex: is the world ready for Cruz's 17 hour long SOTU addresses?

Last edited:

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Wait - so Cruz's broader base is a problem? :)

Factually speaking, he's succeeded more than Rubio, and the overall demographics aren't going to change much from here on out.

I mean that Cruz should have swept the south, and he barely got two states in total. Rubio has done well with the moderate/economic/urban republican vote. My point is if Cruz can't win in the south he can't win anywhere, period.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Romney speaking right now. People think this is pointless... but no Republican of stature has attempted something like this. Might fail, but it's worth trying.

Keeps Cruz and Rubio from being bogged down by it. Romney said to watch how Trump reacts... that he won't address what Romney says, but instead continue the low road of insults.

He's not holding back at all, being pretty specific with the sorts of things Trump is hiding in his tax returns. Emphasizing Trump's behavior, "is this how you'd want your kids/grandkids to act?"

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    ...because Trump supporters really care what Romney thinks??? What a joke, this will do nothing but gain Trump more supporters :laugh:

Romney speaking right now. People think this is pointless... but no Republican of stature has attempted something like this. Might fail, but it's worth trying.

Keeps Cruz and Rubio from being bogged down by it. Romney said to watch how Trump reacts... that he won't address what Romney says, but instead continue the low road of insults.

He's not holding back at all, being pretty specific with the sorts of things Trump is hiding in his tax returns. Emphasizing Trump's behavior, "is this how you'd want your kids/grandkids to act?"

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    ...because Trump supporters really care what Romney thinks??? What a joke, this will do nothing but gain Trump more supporters :laugh:

Dead on with the first part: Trump supporters don't care about anything negative with Trump. You're exactly right, and now that we're in the proper thread, I'll bring that up.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Dead on with the first part: Trump supporters don't care about anything negative with Trump. You're exactly right, and now that we're in the proper thread, I'll bring that up.

Yeah, but I kinda don't care, either. Which is fine, because I'm not a Trump supporter. But that brings up a slightly different issue - who is Romney's intended audience? Ambivalent Trump supporters? Does such a thing even exist?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

[video=youtube;RlD4hwzGhdY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlD4hwzGhdY[/video]

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

If the house is infested with rats and vermin to the point where it is no longer salvageable, burning it down is not an unreasonable idea.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    :yesway:

Agreed. They don't care. He's their middle finger because they're pissed off at the GOP and DNC and they don't care if the two parties burn to the ground. The more the two parties rail against him, the more people flock to him. The GOP and DNC are too stupid to get it.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    :yesway:

Agreed. They don't care. He's their middle finger because they're pissed off at the GOP and DNC and they don't care if the two parties burn to the ground. The more the two parties rail against him, the more people flock to him. The GOP and DNC are too stupid to get it.

Unsure if you consider this a good thing or a bad thing yet... or if you missed what I was saying. Ignoring negative news and criticism of your candidate of choice isn't a compliment, it's being willfully ignorant. So, yes, Trump supporters that tout his fresh new claims are just that.

In other news: The Latest: Ryan 'laughed out loud' at Trump threat

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom