GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    'Trump appears to have overstated his income, by a lot, which could be reason he avoided releasing returns.'

HE IS THE MOST BRILLIANT BUSINESS MAN THAT HAS EVER LIVED. Also, he's not very good at business.

Why Donald Trump's Tax Returns May Prove He's Not That Rich - Fortune

What's a winning campaign cost? $1 or 2 billion dollars? Hard to believe Trump will spend between 1/3 and 1/2 of his net wealth to win this election. I know he's now doing some fund raising but the last I heard, it was peanuts compared to what the other candidates are raking in. Gotta wonder where the rest of that money is going to come from.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    You mean before he realized that his beliefs wouldn't help him get votes and he suddenly changed his mind?

Are you going to attack the policy? Or are you just going to pretend that since you don't like him everything he says is null and void?

But I'm sure the shills will show up in no time to scream "HE'S LYING DON'T LISTEN, VOTE FOR MY GUY!!!"

Told ya so.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Are you going to attack the policy? Or are you just going to pretend that since you don't like him everything he says is null and void?

What he now claims to support is good, but is Donald believable? I'd say no. I'm far more likely to believe what he said a few weeks ago before he was being openly mocked and laughed at for his lack of a coherent healthcare policy. How do you expect me to believe that he's had some type of epiphany in the last two weeks that changed his mind? How do you explain his sudden change on nearly every other issue too? And please don't pull the "Ronald Reagan did it too" card. Trump is not Reagan.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So-
    Have you guys figured out who has the best chance to beat Hillary yet? :dunno:

If only there was somebody in the race who excited the party rank and file. Someone who increased turnout everywhere he went. Somebody who won't be afraid to call out Hitlery for the traitorous whore she is when campaigning gets down to brass tacks. If only there were somebody like that out there

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I guess you guys haven't picked a winner yet.

Well OK-
    I'll be back to check on you later, but just remember -
    This is a gun forum and your guns are depending on you to do the right thing, even if you don't agree with it.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    If only there was somebody in the race who excited the party rank and file. Someone who increased turnout everywhere he went. Somebody who won't be afraid to call out Hitlery for the traitorous whore she is when campaigning gets down to brass tacks. If only there were somebody like that out there

Oh that would be great!......Oh well.....Just a pipe dream I guess. :):

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    What he now claims to support is good, but is Donald believable? I'd say no. I'm far more likely to believe what he said a few weeks ago before he was being openly mocked and laughed at for his lack of a coherent healthcare policy. How do you expect me to believe that he's had some type of epiphany in the last two weeks that changed his mind? How do you explain his sudden change on nearly every other issue too? And please don't pull the "Ronald Reagan did it too" card. Trump is not Reagan.

Is it hard to believe someone like Trump scouts out for the best political minds he can find to write his policy, especially when his verbal plans generate vast hate by his voter base? Oh geez, a politician who's willing to turn things around because their original idea was terrible, how awful.

He basically copied a fair deal of Carson's policy.

Save the flip-flop talk until he actually moves from the right to the left on an issue. If he's making a constant move to the right, I have a hard time seeing how that's flip-flopping.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So when the government collects taxes, the taxes are never collected for specific purposes or spent in specific ways? Your analogy takes its self apart.
    WTF? Dude. Do you have any idea how taxes work?

No - taxes are not collected for any specific thing. (Well, in the case of excise or use taxes, sometimes.) They are collected and then budgeted. Our income taxes are not collected for any particular purpose. They are handed to the gov't to spend how ever it wants. Usually, .gov passes budgets based on tax revenue projections.

They are certainly spent for specific things, but that doesn't mean money is not fungible. In fact, if you really thought about it, you'd see how your argument proves the point about fungibility.

We don't let people die currently either. If it's a life threatening emergency and you show up to the ER, they're legally obligated to treat you, last time I checked.
    So why is Trump saying what currently is? That doesn't make sense. Do you deny he has stated that there should be universal coverage? Since we know he has, where has he retracted that? It isn't on his website. He hasn't said that in debates.

ETA:
    Just saw the update to his website. Interesting. No real plan, but all the buzzwords. Talks about asking Congress for reforms that leverage the free market to lower prices. Nice talking points, but that's about it.

As far as deporting tons of people, I don't know, ask ICE about it. It's not like we're not regularly deporting fairly large numbers of people. I'm not saying he'll do it in a couple days. I imagine his policy will make it far more probable that people would deport themselves so they have a chance of working or surviving here.
    That's delusional. Even before Obama, when people were deported, we still had people coming in. They are willing to risk it because 'Merica is a great place to live. Trump's policy will have less effect on illegal immigration than his imaginary wall that won't get built.

Last edited:

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    ...If a D wins, R-establishment gains nothing...Intentionally helping HRC win would trade the opportunity to influence for a complete lack of influence. That doesn't make sense.

Actually, an "Enemy President" can be one of the greatest occupational tail-winds to Congressmens' careers. When Barack Obama entered office, Congressional Republicans controlled no committees. Now, thanks to him, they control them all. They're sitting on the back of the fire engine, controlling access to lobbyists and directing which way the money-hose is pointed. "Here we are - protecting you from the policies of Barack Obama!" Similarly, HRC being President does not reflect anything like a "complete lack of influence" for establishment Congressional Republicans. Quite the contrary, it virtually guarantees their Congressional majorities will extend another decade, including Census and re-districting years. They will get to draw the lines again and further solidify their grip on power.

Trump becomes the nominee - or worse yet - President? * Poof *. All the above, gone.

In fact, if they were being perfectly honest with you, establishment Republicans would have to admit the same thing would likely happen if Marco Rubio became President! But at least in that scenario, they get a minimum of two years to craft policy and 3-F (further fortify their fiefdoms). But under President Hillary? Seamless, uninterrupted power-glide...leather jacket on, wind in hair, future so bright - gotta wear shades. Telecommunications, Agriculture, Energy, Education, Defense, Health Care, and Banking/Finance Industries? Come on in here! We're controlling the floor votes on legislation affecting you.

Everybody in Washington wears a good game face on matters involving "their team." But it's naïve to believe establishment Republicans really suffer much under a Democratic President. In our era, they do not lose their majorities when Democrats are President. That's when they gain their majorities. They lose them when Republicans are President. And nothing, no-thing is more precious to them than that majority.

Last edited:

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I think the best take away from this election is the importance of the legislative branch, If we can keep GOP in control of the house and senate I think we could survive a Hilary white house. Trump on the other hand could very well have special camps set up for Muslims, "until we get this figured out". I don't Trust trump on gun rights. Even if he's paying lip service.

Also needed to share a tweet I saw.
    "I look forward to paying $12,000 for a macbook under a Trump administration" (on Trumps claim hed bring back Apples manufacturing jobs)

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    It's sad that the dynamic has changed such that, where before I was cheering Mccain or Graham getting primaried, I now will take any R I can get in the Senate.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I think the best take away from this election is the importance of the legislative branch, If we can keep GOP in control of the house and senate I think we could survive a Hilary white house. Trump on the other hand could very well have special camps set up for Muslims, "until we get this figured out". I don't Trust trump on gun rights. Even if he's paying lip service.

Also needed to share a tweet I saw.
    "I look forward to paying $12,000 for a macbook under a Trump administration" (on Trumps claim hed bring back Apples manufacturing jobs)
    Keep in mind that, assuming Obama's nomination is blocked, a Sanders or Hillary presidency would most definitely put a leftist on the Supreme Court. That leaves the left in charge of two of three branches.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom