• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Nothing is more patriotic or more American than a good old fashioned protest. Hence why I supported the BLM protests up to the point where they divulged into looting of businesses.

Yep, I'd even support them if they went after politicians directly.

They didn't though, they targeted innocent private business, even minority owned businesses.
    The elite loved it.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Yep, I'd even support them if they went after politicians directly.

They didn't though, they targeted innocent private business, even minority owned businesses.
    The elite loved it.
    I popped popcorn and watched the first night when they went after gov buildings.

Mad at the cops and want to storm police stations? Understandable. Mad at the cops and burn down strip malls and loot the dollar store, not so much support.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I popped popcorn and watched the first night when they went after gov buildings.

Mad at the cops and want to storm police stations? Understandable. Mad at the cops and burn down strip malls and loot the dollar store, not so much support.
    100% agree

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Nothing is more patriotic or more American than a good old fashioned protest. Hence why I supported the BLM protests up to the point where they divulged into looting of businesses.
    I support their right to protest, I don’t support their reason for doing so. I also don’t support their actions while doing so

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    FviLbVv.png
    1 in 5 isn’t very many. Republicans are pretty much split down the middle. I don’t see us uniting for the better of the party or the country. I doubt I vote again to be honest.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    It was a necessary first step, to both show the elite in the ivory towers aren't invincible and that your fellow citizens have the will power to take risks.

Hummm... The kicked dog finally biting at the foot may have some moral capital, but I think it's likely to have inverted political capital. Every conservative from now until the end of time is going to have to disavow it (and rightly so if we still believe in law and order). So, every conservative that runs is going to have to answer for the acts of a respective handful of their constituents. We already know the same isn't true on the other side.

I guess we'll see.

1 in 5 isn’t very many. Republicans are pretty much split down the middle. I don’t see us uniting for the better of the party or the country. I doubt I vote again to be honest.

That would be the worst thing you could do to sell yourself out. If they're going to push "us" into a corner where we only have one option box of freedom left, I want to make sure I used all of the others as much as I could before I open the last one. The left mobilzing every man, woman, child, cat, and corpse to go vote is half of why we're losing elections. Don't hand them an easy win.

He believes morals come before fighting opposition. We’ve had many disagreements this year politically, but that’s why he likes Romney, he thinks he’s sticking to his morals. I believe he’s selling out his constituents.

I'd be SUPER CURIOUS to hear about your grandfather's moral alignment with those on the left. What he may not understand is that we're in an ideological war with people who have made it their religion to hate America. ANY other option is the superior one. If he wants to sit home because "Trump", then he's not seeing the big picture very clearly.

Your dad is a different story. He'll probably come around by the mid terms after the horrors of 2 years of unchecked democrats start unfolding.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Hummm... The kicked dog finally biting at the foot may have some moral capital, but I think it's likely to have inverted political capital. Every conservative from now until the end of time is going to have to disavow it (and rightly so if we still believe in law and order). So, every conservative that runs is going to have to answer for the acts of a respective handful of their constituents. We already know the same isn't true on the other side.

I guess we'll see.

That would be the worst thing you could do to sell yourself out. If they're going to push "us" into a corner where we only have one option box of freedom left, I want to make sure I used all of the others as much as I could before I open the last one. The left mobilzing every man, woman, child, cat, and corpse to go vote is half of why we're losing elections. Don't hand them an easy win.

I'd be SUPER CURIOUS to hear about your grandfather's moral alignment with those on the left. What he may not understand is that we're in an ideological war with people who have made it their religion to hate America. ANY other option is the superior one. If he wants to sit home because "Trump", then he's not seeing the big picture very clearly.
    Grandpa said he wouldn’t vote for Biden, but preferred him over Trump :rolleyes: Him and dad got into it one day because he told dad to stop watching Fox News. Dad asked what he watched and he said CNN. They bickered back and forth and came to the agreement not to discuss politics with each other anymore.

My issue with voting is 2 things. First, after trump, I don’t wanna vote for another politician. I like guys like Hawley and Cruz, but they’re politicians playing the political game for their own interests. Trump wasn’t any of that. Second, it’s obvious they’re just gonna steal my vote anyways, so what’s the point? At least my guns were lost on a boating accident, not stolen by the government who swore to uphold their oath to the constitution.

I may feel differently by the time 2024 rolls around but I doubt it. The way I feel now is we were taxed without representation and see no point of participating in the system any longer.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.

I guess we'll see.

Your dad is a different story. He'll probably come around by the mid terms after the horrors of 2 years of unchecked democrats start unfolding.
    Don't know how to break a post up and respond to parts, but to the first part, the same isn't true on the other side because they are so good at building the narrative. I would also add that it won't have to be disavowed or answered for, if they just won. As in, no one disavows the founding fathers in defense of the king because, well, they won. I'll add this doesn't come naturally to Republicans. That needs to change, or whatever party is next that will represent us needs to learn to win.

+1 to the rest of your post

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Grandpa said he wouldn’t vote for Biden, but preferred him over Trump :rolleyes: Him and dad got into it one day because he told dad to stop watching Fox News. Dad asked what he watched and he said CNN. They bickered back and forth and came to the agreement not to discuss politics with each other anymore.

My issue with voting is 2 things. First, after trump, I don’t wanna vote for another politician. I like guys like Hawley and Cruz, but they’re politicians playing the political game for their own interests. Trump wasn’t any of that. Second, it’s obvious they’re just gonna steal my vote anyways, so what’s the point? At least my guns were lost on a boating accident, not stolen by the government who swore to uphold their oath to the constitution.

I may feel differently by the time 2024 rolls around but I doubt it. The way I feel now is we were taxed without representation and see no point of participating in the system any longer.

Your grandpa is a democrat. That's all there is to that. Him not voting is good news since that's the path he's on.

The deal with you voting is exactly what I said before... If you are forced down to your final box of liberty, you want to know for sure that you used all of the others the entire way down because you're pretty likely to die for using the last one.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.

Thanks for the explanations, I was curious too.
    If you think trump wasn't any of that, well, time will tell I guess. I know the arguments. I don't buy them though.

I think you'll mellow with age, and you'll calm down, and you'll vote. After all, you are going to participate, according to the IRS.

I have the similar issues in my family, and we see it here too, opinions shaped by where we take info in from. Isn't that a shame? I wonder what we can do to fix that? I suspect we have been so programmed to look at things we only agree with for so long it is going to take something major to turn that ship.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Don't know how to break a post up and respond to parts

On desktop mode, the button circled below will give you what I call "INGO classic" view where you can chunk things up manually with quote /quote tags if you want.

1610076367359.png

Otherwise you can highlight a section and a "reply" button will pop up:

1610076418493.png

but to the first part, the same isn't true on the other side because they are so good at building the narrative. I would also add that it won't have to be disavowed or answered for, if they just won. As in, no one disavows the founding fathers in defense of the king because, well, they won. I'll add this doesn't come naturally to Republicans. That needs to change, or whatever party is next that will represent us needs to learn to win.

+1 to the rest of your post

Indeed. The right absolutely sucks at building naratives, i.e., simply stating the truth as often and publicly as possible. My personal belief is that Trump did a good part of that to himself this time around. He should have been hammering direct quote after direct quote from the likes of AOC, Omar, Pelosi, etc for at least the past 2 years. He should have been throwing their faces in their own words on a daily basis (which is what McEnany started doing to the press, but way, way, too late) instead of talking about himself all the time. IMHO, of course.

Anyhow... We'll see what the future brings.

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    I said to myself, surely Americans are not stupid enough to elect this old man and this whack-a-doodle woman from California....I had some faith in the American public. No more. The dimbulbs have us outnumbered. As soon as we run out of other people's money, we're gonna see blood. I wonder if I can still get those free Mandarin classes so I will know how to ask which box car they want me on.
    This country did not elect those two criminals. I've thought for a good while now that at least a third of all D votes were fraudulent. Now I think it's more like half. I'm not joking or exaggerating.

Look HOW many races end up being "so close". So many races, all over the country. State, nationwide.... we're really supposed to believe these races come down to fractions of a percentage point over MILLIONS of people? Yeah.... I'm not buying that BS any longer. It's all a damned scam and we've been fools to believe it for so long. The Ds have been inventing votes to pretend there's a race.

Look at the history of it all. The Rs signed a consent decree in the 1980s agreeing to NOT look into voter fraud so they wouldn't look mean and racist. Yeah... right.

Both parties are run by the same people. And all they're all bowing to the same people that whacked JFK.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I want to make sure I used all of the others as much as I could before I open the last one.
    Every box has been used.

Conservatives need to grow up and realize that this isn't a game anymore. It's not about your moral fortitude, it's not about your principles, it's not about your virtues, and it isn't about your optics.

It's about deciding whether you want to be a slave or not. The slave masters are not going to take kindly to an escaped slave, so you must expect that your actions are going to be painted in the worst of light and your cause is going to be considered horrendous.

Do you want to live life without being ****ed with, or do you want to have every aspect of your life micromanaged by aristocrats in ivory towers?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    The deal with you voting is exactly what I said before... If you are forced down to your final box of liberty, you want to know for sure that you used all of the others the entire way down because you're pretty likely to die for using the last one.

You're also likely to die if you say no to the gun confiscation. What's your point?

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    I think there’s 2 types of conservatives. My grandpa, who prefers the soft spoken, roll over and compromise Mitt Romney type... and my dad, who prefers the in your face take no bs trump attitude type. By storming the Capitol building it’s made both of them question if they’re going to continue being republican. Grandpa said he can’t vote for a party whose supporters are acting like the opposition, dad says he can’t vote for another politician after having Trump get things done that career politicians have failed to do, and now believes elections are pointless. I’d agree more with my dad for the most part.
    And unfortunately, this is EXACTLY what the left wants...

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I said to myself, surely Americans are not stupid enough to elect this old man and this whack-a-doodle woman from California....I had some faith in the American public. No more. The dimbulbs have us outnumbered. As soon as we run out of other people's money, we're gonna see blood. I wonder if I can still get those free Mandarin classes so I will know how to ask which box car they want me on.

Cut and nip such wistful thinking.

Idiocy knows no bounds.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Every box has been used.

Conservatives need to grow up and realize that this isn't a game anymore. It's not about your moral fortitude, it's not about your principles, it's not about your virtues, and it isn't about your optics.

It's about deciding whether you want to be a slave or not. The slave masters are not going to take kindly to an escaped slave, so you must expect that your actions are going to be painted in the worst of light and your cause is going to be considered horrendous.

Do you want to live life without being ****ed with, or do you want to have every aspect of your life micromanaged by aristocrats in ivory towers?

Alright , General Washington. Start shooting. We're right behind you... :rolleyes:

You're also likely to die if you say no to the gun confiscation. What's your point?

Proving right there that every box hasn't been used yet since no one is, as of yet, at my door to confiscate my firearms. At that point, you're exactly correct that I'll be down to my last box of liberty and just handing them over isn't the plan. I will not comply with registration or confiscation. That's my line in the sand.

I've made my decisions about all of these things a long time ago and I'm much more on your side than you probably think I am. I respect your passion and I hear where you're coming from. I just don't believe it's time for all of that. At minimum, what you're convinced is about to happen at large scale (and maybe will) doesn't even take the oath of office for 2 more weeks. Then we have the jury box (...of liberty) for whatever horrors come out of all of that and the one legacy Trump did give us is the best looking SCOTUS we've had in ages.

So, we will see.

Top Bottom