• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    No. I'm saying no incentives. It's not the government's job to "incentivize" a player in the market. Leave it the **** alone, other than regulating it to prevent monopolization, unfair trading practices, fraud, etcetera.
    Why is it not their job to try to bring businesses and jobs to their areas?

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    The two legacy car makers in the US are losing their shirts on every EV they push out the door. They are desperate! These manufacturers cow-towed to the left wing idiots in order to avoid CAFE penalties and now they’ve already lost billions of dollars. Bidiot and his ilk shoved EVs down the manufacturers throats and you wonder why they have moved manufacturing out of the US? The same thing is happening in Europe. Where will it end?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    No. I'm saying no incentives. It's not the government's job to "incentivize" a player in the market. Leave it the **** alone, other than regulating it to prevent monopolization, unfair trading practices, fraud, etcetera.

In principal I agree. In reality, unless it's banned universally that just means jobs won't come to your state/town/county. So making standards for the companies to hit to keep the incentives make sense.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    In principal I agree. In reality, unless it's banned universally that just means jobs won't come to your state/town/county. So making standards for the companies to hit to keep the incentives make sense.
    If a company needs a new factory, they need a new factory. It's gonna go somewhere.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    If a company needs a new factory, they need a new factory. It's gonna go somewhere.

Obviously. And incentives are going to influence where that 'somewhere' is as lots of somewheres, US and foreign, are vying to be that somewhere. Like I said I agree in principal but in reality if you don't engage in corporate welfare via incentives you won't get the jobs that corporate welfare brings. Pragmatically, you can stick to your principals but more "somewheres" will be Mexico, Malaysia, India, etc. or just other states that did pay to play.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Like I said I agree in principal but in reality if you don't engage in corporate welfare via incentives you won't get the jobs that corporate welfare brings. Pragmatically, you can stick to your principals but more "somewheres" will be Mexico, Malaysia, India, etc. or just other states that did pay to play.
    This is INGO. Reality doesn't matter, it's all about the principles.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    You can always get incentives if you pay the right law firm for them. It's at least a 10-1 investment, so the government will pick the winners if the right players are paid to.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I don't see much about electric ATVs which I would be interested in as a quiet hunting transport. An option of folding solar panels to recharge it might be a seller as well.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Surprising nobody: The ultra cheap Chinese EVs that are supposed to flood the global market are setting fire at a much higher rate. Good numbers are hard to get because China but I'm shocked that a $10k price point vehicle doesn't do as well in crashes and has fewer safety stops in place for charging related fires...

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

View attachment 363753

Happy 4th of July Everyone! Go American!
    That chart is misleading. It talks about most American car, then uses GLOBAL figures and manufacturing for sales. Take the winner,the Y. China purchased almost as many as the US,Germany a close second. They also have manufacturing in both of those countries. So how does 1.12m global sales make it the most sold "American" car?

You can not make a list based on global sales, and yet claim because that model is made in at least one plant in the USA it is the most "American"...when most of them sold were not even made or sold in the USA. Dumb article,written for people who can not form logical thoughs on their own, or even understand what it is they are reading. The dumbing down of the USA apparently is working in their favor.

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    As I remember Indy's chinese electric busses didn't last long, but I don't remember them catching fire. Same company?

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    The two legacy car makers in the US are losing their shirts on every EV they push out the door. They are desperate! These manufacturers cow-towed to the left wing idiots in order to avoid CAFE penalties and now they’ve already lost billions of dollars. Bidiot and his ilk shoved EVs down the manufacturers throats and you wonder why they have moved manufacturing out of the US? The same thing is happening in Europe. Where will it end?
    CAFE standards that WILL be thrown out hopefully soon as the EPA/NTSB made up the rules. Congress has not approved new laws on the matter since 2007(and called for a 10% increase in fleet average milage by 2030,way below current standards being proposed).

Now with Chevron dead, major oil companies and auto manufacturers can win(they already had lawsuits against the new rules).

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    CAFE standards that WILL be thrown out hopefully soon as the EPA/NTSB made up the rules. Congress has not approved new laws on the matter since 2007(and called for a 10% increase in fleet average milage by 2030,way below current standards being proposed).

Now with Chevron dead, major oil companies and auto manufacturers can win(they already had lawsuits against the new rules).
    Except the manufacturers will follow California's rules, which means it won't change.

Top Bottom