GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Or, we can put guys that reach 50 in a kind of purgatory, locked out of the classifieds. Once they hit 50, they contact a mod, and the mod after reviewing their "body of work" then decides to give them access. That would almost certainly eliminate late night runners, and discourage members who simply want to mooch in the classifieds.
    I mean, how many people actually reach 50 each day 3 or 4? Doesn't seem like it would be too much more work.

Want to avoid that hassle?....pony up for site supporter.

Too much work. Too subjective. Something automatic or software based would be better. If I were king, site supporter status would only allow you to bypass the first 50 post hurdle, initially. I don't know if something like this next part is a built in feature or something that could be added at a reasonable cost but after the 1st 50 posts, everybody would have to "refresh" their post count every so often to keep their classifieds privileges. (E.g. add 50 new posts a year but not necessarily the original quality standard). The point being, I'd hopefully encourage participation among the community -- which is what this is all about anyway.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Too much work. Too subjective. Something automatic or software based would be better. If I were king, site supporter status would only allow you to bypass the first 50 post hurdle, initially. I don't know if something like this next part is a built in feature or something that could be added at a reasonable cost but after the 1st 50 posts, everybody would have to "refresh" their post count every so often to keep their classifieds privileges. (E.g. add 50 new posts a year but not necessarily the original quality standard). The point being, I'd hopefully encourage participation among the community -- which is what this is all about anyway.
    I don't think your feedback score should be allowed to exceed your post count.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    :yesway:

If not site supporter status then 50 or 100 plus a member for 30 days.

The people I know that use TwitFace can spew word vomit at an astounding rate. To them, 50 posts is child's play. 100 posts takes a little more dedication and if they see that there is a time limit in order to participate then they will realize that the great deal they are looking to jump on TODAY will be gone by the time they can access it. Those that are looking at the site as a forum and a place to chat & learn instead of a flipper board should not be phased by this. Those are the ones we're trying to attract right?

The things that could be done (in all honesty) would probably just make more clutter. But I think adding a minimum membership time frame to the rules might cut back on the clutter a bit. Say 30 or 60 days. That gives them a chance to look the website over for at least that time frame. Maybe that would add a few more participating members once that have to hit 50 and look at the web site for a while. :dunno: I dunno.

Trouble is, a LOT of the runners we are seeing have been her several months to several years. They knew about us and signed up but only lurked. (or looked around and never came back) Now apparently they used facebook for transactions and now that the FB well dried up they are coming (back) here, and suddenly realizing they need to post more to use the classifieds.

"refreshing" would simply add too much more useless drivel to the site. So not only will we have runners trying to get in, but every last Classified whore becoming like a runner repeatedly to make their fix.

I stand by myself and others suggesting the mandatory site supporter fee for classified access. If they want access bad enough, they need to pony up the green... pay to play. Its not like that $30/year would make a deal no longer that swell. :dunno: Especially if they decide to live in the classifieds. Just think how much one of these classified whores is saving in Armslist fees!

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I legitimately didn't know you couldn't come here and just posted 50 and go to the classified. My bad on that part. Not trying to kiss ass either

No one expects you to. We just want participation and hopefully a long term member, the ladder is up to you.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Though I was pushed down to 40 because of some 1 liners. Made the rest about 3

It was much more that the length of the posts. Many were very short, however it was clear what your intent was. You randomly visited different threads, posted something that really gave no information or contributed to the conversation. After that you immediately moved on to the next thread. You didn't bother to wait to see if there was a response or even care to know. You didn't visit the same thread more than once. Once you were dinged and warned you came back and did the exact same thing. As soon as you hit your 50 posts you went straight to the classifieds, posted and PM'ed about a sale.

All of this could have been avoided if you had taken the time to engage in the conversations.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom