• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SwikLS

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    The Bunker
    McConnell says from the floor trump will sign bill and issue national emergency declaration.

This should put the SCOTUS decision at the fall session this year with lots pictures of wall construction and finished wall (or barrier, whatever) for the 2020 election season.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    McConnell says from the floor trump will sign bill and issue national emergency declaration.
    giphy.gif

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    So, he's gonna sight this piece of s**t bill with all the poison pills in it that expand catch-and-release and defacto amnesty.

If the GOP doesn't file lawsuits against all future democrat actions the way they have been, It'll be hard to find someone to vote for in the next election.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So, he's gonna sight this piece of s**t bill with all the poison pills in it that expand catch-and-release and defacto amnesty.

If the GOP doesn't file lawsuits against all future democrat actions the way they have been, It'll be hard to find someone to vote for in the next election.

While there are other parts of your post that are interesting, can you elaborate on the de facto amnesty?

I haven't heard that about this bill.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    While there are other parts of your post that are interesting, can you elaborate on the de facto amnesty?

I haven't heard that about this bill.

My bad, I guess I used the wrong word. More like pseudo-amnesty and handouts.

The bill includes many large programs to help illegal migrants, as well as people who walk up to the border to ask for asylum so they may get work permits. The language also includes backdoor curbs on enforcement agencies.

For example, the legislation reopens the joint cartel-to-agency smuggling route for so-called “Unaccompanied Alien Children.” Former President Barack Obama opened this route when his deputies agreed to let illegal migrant parents in the United States “sponsor” — pick up — their foreign children from government shelters after the cartels deliver the children to the border agency. President Donald Trump’s deputies have been shutting down this route by arresting illegals who try to “sponsor” their children from the government shelters:

Here's a gem from the spending bill. Section 224 (a) says that ICE may not remove any sponsor or *potential sponsor* or *member of a household* of a UAC. That's de facto sanctuary for anyone near a UAC. Ridiculous. 30-40% of MS-13 arrests have been UACs.
    — Jessica Vaughan (@JessicaV_CIS) February 14, 2019

The language also offers a legal shield to illegals who agree to pay cartel-affiliated smugglers to move additional children into the United States. The shield is created by the language barring officials from deporting people who are “a sponsor, a potential sponsor, or member of a household of a sponsor or potential sponsor”:
    the budget also provides $30 million to hire pro-migration groups that will guide migrants towards winning asylum

and on and on

It's quite sickening OUR congress is more interested in helping illegal aliens than American citizens. There are plenty of homeless folks, vets, and welfare families that could use help right here and now.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Ok, thanks. I wasn't aware of those provisions, and they kinda seem far-fetched, but thanks for the info.

I'm still waiting on someone to come up with an answer for the millions of otherwise-law-abiding undocumented people here now. Many of whom pay taxes and generally contribute to society in a positive way. Seems like we can come up with a solution for them. Pathway to citizenship or something.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Ok, thanks. I wasn't aware of those provisions, and they kinda seem far-fetched, but thanks for the info.

I'm still waiting on someone to come up with an answer for the millions of otherwise-law-abiding undocumented people here now. Many of whom pay taxes and generally contribute to society in a positive way. Seems like we can come up with a solution for them. Pathway to citizenship or something.

I'm onboard with DACA kids. Those that were brought here as minors, and have avoided any trouble with the law. The rest, I'm sorry, but they have to go
    -OR-
    If, of those non-DACA persons, they have been law-abiding too (aside from illegal entry), then I would be open to allowing them back, with the caveat that while they are protected fully under the law, and would be American citizens, they would be barred from receiving federal benefits, other than what they directly paid in, and voting in any federal election.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Oh ****... it's been talked about before, but Pelosi just said something to the effect of, "You want to talk about a national emergency? Let's talk about today, the 1 year anniversary of one of the worst school shootings. Gun violence is a national emergency."

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I'm onboard with DACA kids. Those that were brought here as minors, and have avoided any trouble with the law. The rest, I'm sorry, but they have to go
    -OR-
    If, of those non-DACA persons, they have been law-abiding too (aside from illegal entry), then I would be open to allowing them back, with the caveat that while they are protected fully under the law, and would be American citizens, they would be barred from receiving federal benefits, other than what they directly paid in, and voting in any federal election.

Not an argument; more an observation. Kinda sounds like a 2 tier system reminiscent of the year 1870, or therabouts.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    -OR-

I think there can be a healthy discussion about what steps should be on the pathway.

(I'm not thrilled with the concept of someone becoming an American citizen, but then limit their rights... but there's no reason why that can't be part of the conversation. I think the general idea of "citizen" meaning "full rights" is easier and better. Now, if there's a probationary period or something in which they can't do those things, that's fine. But, once they are a citizen, then it should be a done deal.)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I think there can be a healthy discussion about what steps should be on the pathway.

(I'm not thrilled with the concept of someone becoming an American citizen, but then limit their rights... but there's no reason why that can't be part of the conversation. I think the general idea of "citizen" meaning "full rights" is easier and better. Now, if there's a probationary period or something in which they can't do those things, that's fine. But, once they are a citizen, then it should be a done deal.)

We do it to felons. Illegals broke the law why can we not apply that to them also. The way I see it, it's a either/or choice. Either you accept the terms, or you go back to where you came from. The can completely opt out of it. No one is forcing them to do anything.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    No DACA, No Amnesty, No Anchor Babies, No Compromise. **** the left.
    Build the Wall, Slam the door ASAP and keep it closed until we have a grip on an actual working immigration policy.

This is what it should be. Something close would be nice. I would like to see it in my lifetime.

Platycqb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2017
    Indiana
    No DACA, No Amnesty, No Anchor Babies, No Compromise. **** the left.
    Build the Wall, Slam the door ASAP and keep it closed until we have a grip on an actual working immigration policy.

This is what it should be. Something close would be nice. I would like to see it in my lifetime.
    Hope you’re still young then...

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Oh ****... it's been talked about before, but Pelosi just said something to the effect of, "You want to talk about a national emergency? Let's talk about today, the 1 year anniversary of one of the worst school shootings. Gun violence is a national emergency."

there shouldn't be anything that they can do with that because 2A is a constitutional right versus a duty of the government.

Top Bottom