• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    I missed the part where he suggested end-running the legislature...and the separation of powers.

First, I don't think Trump should go down that path for many reasons stated here and elsewhere.

BUT, to say he is doing something "extra-legal" is not correct, IMO. The congress, in it's wisdom, gave the occupant of the oval office the discretion to declare national emergencies, take certain actions and spend monies set aside for emergencies.

Is it within the law for him to declare the situation at the Southern border a national emergency? It either is or isn't, regardless of whether it's a good idea or not. A lot of this is left to the discretion of the current president.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    https://www.wthr.com/article/two-us-citizens-detained-border-agent-after-speaking-spanish

This shouldn't happen.

The agent held Ana Suda and Martha Hernandez for 40 minutes in a parking lot in the city of Havre in May 2018 without reasonable suspicion or probable cause, according to the lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court in Great Falls.
    “Ma’am, the reason I asked you for your ID is because I came in here and I saw that you guys are speaking Spanish, which is very unheard of up here,” O’Neill said in the video.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Number one, they are clearly not "guys" but women... hot women...

Number two, I'm sure many of our peers think this is exactly what should happen.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Well, 100% of Mexican illegal aliens in the US speak Spanish. Call it racial profiling but that was the correct group to go after. :dunno:

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Well, 100% of Mexican illegal aliens in the US speak Spanish. Call it racial profiling but that was the correct group to go after. :dunno:

You know, you're onto something! Since most general crime is committed by English speaking white males, let's do some proactive detentions! :):

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Number one, they are clearly not "guys" but women... hot women...

Number two, I'm sure many of our peers think this is exactly what should happen.

Number one, hot? Eh, not unattractive, but I wouldn't say hot. Number two, perhaps you should post an anonymous poll to find out exactly how "INGO" it is to think people daring to speak Spanish should be stopped and questioned.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

giphy.gif

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Number one, hot? Eh, not unattractive, but I wouldn't say hot. Number two, perhaps you should post an anonymous poll to find out exactly how "INGO" it is to think people daring to speak Spanish should be stopped and questioned.

Yeah... I like being on INGO, so I'll let someone else do that... :mods:

Oh, and I have it on good authority that 100% of British illegal aliens speak English.

Top Bottom