• ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I'm liking this guy....

PgsEA8Y.jpg

https://www.foxnews.com/world/mayor...avan-migrants-calls-them-bums-and-pot-smokers

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/border-security-expert-tells-apos-195311381.html
    Border Security Expert Tells 'Mansplaining' Rep. Dan Crenshaw Why A Wall Won't Work

So, she's an "expert". Or is that "She's an expert?"
    And then, because there is a debate going on, the man must be "mansplaining"?
    I thought during a debate, 2 sides explained their positions.
    And if I were to disagree with a SEAL, I dang sure would listen to his argument, and debate the points of it. He might know a bit about this subject. But I guess he's not "educated" enough for her.

Some awesome comments after the article though.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    5QA7h3T.jpg

:rockwoot:
    The migrants were arrested shortly after midnight at the Antelope Wells entry point in southern New Mexico, which is part of the Border Patrol's El Paso sector. U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) said in a statement that the group was composed primarily of "Central American families and unaccompanied juveniles" and was the 28th group of 100 or more migrants to be apprehended in the El Paso sector since the beginning of October.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/border-patrol-arrests-330-in-new-mexico-many-of-them-unaccompanied-minors

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Ted Cruz also pushing the "El Chapo Act", now that he's been convicted.

I think they might do it... if it were really about money. It's about politics, though, so... no chance.

Assuming the assets seized are based on US Soil, sure take them. Used to build a wall? Good luck with that. Also, if the assets are based offshore, then I would imagine that there would more than a few other nations wanting to get in on that action, if the we try to take the pot all for ourselves. So good luck with that one as well.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Assuming the assets seized are based on US Soil, sure take them. Used to build a wall? Good luck with that. Also, if the assets are based offshore, then I would imagine that there would more than a few other nations wanting to get in on that action, if the we try to take the pot all for ourselves. So good luck with that one as well.
    If that Act were to be passed, it would go to a wall. Otherwise it is all into the pool to be spent with the rest.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I read something else that there's a Catholic diocese along the border, too, that is going to fight the process.

Seems to me an "out clause" could work. Gaps in the wall at certain points provides ample [strike]choke points[/strike] opportunities for those entities to have as much interaction with people crossing illegally as they want.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Of course we've all heard that the $1.375 Billion contained in the new budget deal is earmarked for 55 miles in the Rio Grande Valley. That's about 25 million per mile. I'm in the wrong business. I wonder what major rebuilding of interstate highway costs per mile. Not related, just curious about the scale of things.
    Just remembered that Google thingy:

"[FONT=&amp]As I mentioned, it’s much less expensive to [/FONT]maintain existing roadways[FONT=&amp]. To mill and resurface a 4-lane road, it costs an average of $1.25 million per mile. Then, if you want to expand said road from four lanes to six, you can expect to pay roughly $4 million."[/FONT]

That's from this link. Just one source, but damn; 25 million per mile for a wall.
    http://blog.midwestind.com/cost-of-building-road/

Last edited:

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    I read something else that there's a Catholic diocese along the border, too, that is going to fight the process.

Seems to me an "out clause" could work. Gaps in the wall at certain points provides ample [strike]choke points[/strike] opportunities for those entities to have as much interaction with people crossing illegally as they want.

As I understand it, the work that's in process in on FEDERAL land. The suit filing is because the Trump administration invoked it's statutory authority to bypass environmental impact studies.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    As I understand it, the work that's in process in on FEDERAL land. The suit filing is because the Trump administration invoked it's statutory authority to bypass environmental impact studies.

I haven't followed it closely (the article I referenced popped up in my feed more for being related to a Catholic church than the Wall, I think) - you're probably right.

The article referenced a lawsuit involving private property that was going to be impacted by the wall. I think it was a pre-emptive suit to prevent the use of eminent domain.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    One obvious environmental impact is the decrease in carrion for the buzzards from not letting them try to traverse the most barren tracks of border to prevent being detected. They are dying out there wholesale, much greater than those taken into custody.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    One obvious environmental impact is the decrease in carrion for the buzzards from not letting them try to traverse the most barren tracks of border to prevent being detected. They are dying out there wholesale, much greater than those taken into custody.

That's almost funny.

Read The Devil's Highway.

I don't condone crossing the desert, but it's fascinating to see what happens to those that do. I'm not necessarily sympathetic, but man, that journey is dangerous.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The bill has billions in foreign aid.

I'd prefer he veto it.

Does it happen to have more than, say, $5.7 billion for Mexico? Can we divert that to build the wall and have Mexico pay for it? It would be for their own good, of course; so it could be considered 'aid'

Top Bottom