• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    No DACA, No Amnesty, No Anchor Babies, No Compromise. **** the left.
    Build the Wall, Slam the door ASAP and keep it closed until we have a grip on an actual working immigration policy.

This is what it should be. Something close would be nice. I would like to see it in my lifetime.

:+1:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Oh ****... it's been talked about before, but Pelosi just said something to the effect of, "You want to talk about a national emergency? Let's talk about today, the 1 year anniversary of one of the worst school shootings. Gun violence is a national emergency."
    Her FACE is a national emergency.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    there shouldn't be anything that they can do with that because 2A is a constitutional right versus a duty of the government.

Oh it would be challenged for sure, but if they frame "gun violence" as a national health emergency (backed by the CDC of course), I don't hesitate to think for a minute that the next time a Democrat is in the White House, they would try.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Oh it would be challenged for sure, but if they frame "gun violence" as a national health emergency (backed by the CDC of course), I don't hesitate to think for a minute that the next time a Democrat is in the White House, they would try.

Yes, if they try that s**t it will get really bad for their health really fast.

SwikLS

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    The Bunker
    Start down the fake “national emergency” road and it will lead places no one ever thought it would go.

There are always political consequences for going against the will of the people. That would be the case with the wall (hint: its not) or any other "fake national emergency".

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Start down the fake “national emergency” road and it will lead places no one ever thought it would go.

Just ask Harry Reid about unintented consequences of the "nuclear option."

Can you imagine President Kamala Harris invoking a national emergency to force the collection of firearms or rationing of gasoline (to save the planet, you know)?

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Here's the thing about compromising with the Left--

Imagine you are walking down the street and some dude brandishes a weapon and demands $500 of your money. Is it "compromise" if you only give him the $200 you just got from the ATM? No. IT'S NOT COMPROMISE WHEN THE OTHER SIDE'S BARGAINING CHIP IS STOLEN.

It's not "compromise" when we discuss how much of MY money you are entitled to. It's not compromise when you want to talk about how much much 2A rights will be *further* infringed.

So yeah, I'm on the screw them side of this. We've compromised endlessly.

How about this?

Instead of closing down every executive department under the President, we'll "compromise" and only close down the departments of Energy, HHS, Transportation, Veteran's affairs, Education, and Commerce.

Instead of entirely eliminating the minimum wage, we'll "compromise" and only drop it to $5/hr.

Instead of entirely ending Social Security and Medicare, we'll "compromise" and phase it out over 10 years.

You get my drift? This is how we "compromise" with the left.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    If it is truly a "National Emergency," why didn't the Republicans address it during the two years they held power exclusively? It's not like they were too busy doing other things.

I refuse to get upset about the things the Democrats, or the media, tell me about Trump, and I also refuse to get upset about whatever Trump or the Republicans tell me to. It's just the usual games.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I refuse to get upset about the things the Democrats, or the media, tell me about Trump, and I also refuse to get upset about whatever Trump or the Republicans tell me to. It's just the usual games.

This particular game could get very tricky.

I used to joke that the US government had actually gotten better in the time since the Bonus March.

I guess we've arrived at the punch line.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Trump finishing up his speech. He's expecting this to go to the Supremes after losing at least a couple of times in Federal courts. He's expecting it to go like his travel ban.

Top Bottom