• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    You think the mass taking of DNA from children is meant to make sure the adults that accompanying the children are their parents? Besides the obvious flaw in that logic, if one believe that adoptions and step-parents exist south of the border, it seems more probable that this being done, because this administration didn't keep very good records, and had no working plan to identify and reunite these kids with their parents/guardians.

Also, it sets a precedent that may have future consequences for American citizens. I personally don't believe that the DNA taken from these persons will ever be discarded. If the litmus test is "to make sure," what is to prevent such a thing from evolving in the United States, just to make sure? Now, there is an argument to be made, that people that have committed the crime of illegally crossing the border, and have been separated from their parents must give their DNA... but there are plenty of people, who went through the legal method, presenting themselves at a port of entry for asylum, and were separated from their children too. So it begs the question, "where does this end?" If the government can compel the law-abiding to submit their DNA "just to be sure," why is it improbable to believe that they would not attempt, at some point, to take it much, much further. I personally don't trust the govt that much.
    They have my DNA so I'm ****ed if they ever wanna clone me or set me up or screw me. None of which I put past our government if they had a reason. They could give a crap less about who they hurt.
    People need to stop freely handing over DNA. That **** is your life code and the MOST precious and secret thing you have. The things that can be done with DNA are mindblowing and that is in 2018. What will it be like in 10 or 20 years. You may go to the DNA doc so he can grow you a new heart and transplant it in you, or a new liver or lungs ect. Your EXACT organ only engenieired to have no genetic flaws!! They are playing with this stuff now.
    How long before they clone humans or I bet they secretly have.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    They have my DNA so I'm ****ed if they ever wanna clone me or set me up or screw me. None of which I put past our government if they had a reason. They could give a crap less about who they hurt.
    People need to stop freely handing over DNA. That **** is your life code and the MOST precious and secret thing you have. The things that can be done with DNA are mindblowing and that is in 2018. What will it be like in 10 or 20 years. You may go to the DNA doc so he can grow you a new heart and transplant it in you, or a new liver or lungs ect. Your EXACT organ only engenieired to have no genetic flaws!! They are playing with this stuff now.
    How long before they clone humans or I bet they secretly have.

I'm absolutely sure they have cloned humans... It might be a bit "tinfoil," but I really do. Why wouldn't they?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    ...who's "they" and for what?

Anyway: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/jul/8/homeland-security-officials-reluctantly-return-to-/

Back to the status quo. Effing ridiculous.

"They" is the federal government. The "what for?" Well... there are so many potential reasons. Of the top of my head, human experimentation and DNA manipulation. There is a LONG history of govts experimenting on individuals... the problem, is well, they were individuals, unique persons. Clones are clones. If a scientist takes his own tissue, and clones himself, then arguably he is the only "real" person, and he can do with the copy as he pleases.... and the copy need not even be a full human being. Obviously this may (or may not be to some) a moral issue.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    "They" is the federal government. The "what for?" Well... there are so many potential reasons. Of the top of my head, human experimentation and DNA manipulation. There is a LONG history of govts experimenting on individuals... the problem, is well, they were individuals, unique persons. Clones are clones. If a scientist takes his own tissue, and clones himself, then arguably he is the only "real" person, and he can do with the copy as he pleases.... and the copy need not even be a full human being. Obviously this may (or may not be to some) a moral issue.

While I can share your concerns, under the circumstances, I can see a string argument off making sure we know who we are allowing to take possession of these children when they are cut loose. After all we really don't know whether they were brought by parents or criminals.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    You think the mass taking of DNA from children is meant to make sure the adults that accompanying the children are their parents? Besides the obvious flaw in that logic, if one believe that adoptions and step-parents exist south of the border, it seems more probable that this being done, because this administration didn't keep very good records, and had no working plan to identify and reunite these kids with their parents/guardians.

Also, it sets a precedent that may have future consequences for American citizens. I personally don't believe that the DNA taken from these persons will ever be discarded. If the litmus test is "to make sure," what is to prevent such a thing from evolving in the United States, just to make sure? Now, there is an argument to be made, that people that have committed the crime of illegally crossing the border, and have been separated from their parents must give their DNA... but there are plenty of people, who went through the legal method, presenting themselves at a port of entry for asylum, and were separated from their children too. So it begs the question, "where does this end?" If the government can compel the law-abiding to submit their DNA "just to be sure," why is it improbable to believe that they would not attempt, at some point, to take it much, much further. I personally don't trust the govt that much.

Government already takes DNA of newborns and stores it. https://www.offthegridnews.com/priv...ores-millions-of-dna-samples-without-consent/
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/california-biobank-dna-babies-who-has-access/

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Wait! I was told walls don't work!

NYb5WRw.png

https://www.nationalreview.com/news...ing-illegal-immigration-from-central-america/

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I'm not sure how people are supposed to identify illegal aliens in order to report them to the police.

It's not like they can ask people for official credentials without being a police officer. :scratch:
    If you see people who look Mexican, central American, south American, white, Arab, black, Asian, crossing the road you are driving on through the desert and you know the border is afew miles away, odds are they arent looking for a taco bell.

Lots of people Climbing out of the back of a semi in an urban area. People coming out of a hidden compartment of a vehicle. Things that just dont make.sense or do because you are so close to the border.

Also when you are down in states with the border they have border patrol checkpoints even 50 miles out that you have to drive through.
    They will get a warrant if they need To. Just like here at home, if they really want to get into your vehicle they can. Tow it and then take an inventory

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    :laugh6:

Never seen a “cool” face tattoo. I guess blow tigers and hookers might change my mind tho.
    Lmfao. True.
    It's on that movie where the guy is getting married and they take a bachelor trip to vegas. Even has mike Tyson in it lol.
    The second one they go to Thailand.

im having a mental block and cant remeber the name of it right now. Very very funny ****.

Top Bottom