• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Ignoring your complete misunderstanding of what is actually in the Johnson amendment, didn't President Trump promised to "totally destroy" it and sign an executive order to that effect?

Did he? Not being infected with TDS, I don't follow everything he does and says. I don't agree with "destroying" the Johnson amendment. (Not that an executive order can "destroy" it.) In fact, I think that obvious political stunts like this should invoke taxation, not just the outright endorsement of candidates from the pulpit. This is not some kind of moral statement, this is politics, pure and simple. If it was some kind of statement based on moral "outrage," then the entire 8 years that this was going on during the Obama administration would have drawn a similar protest. But what did we get? Crickets.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Did he? Not being infected with TDS, I don't follow everything he does and says. I don't agree with "destroying" the Johnson amendment. (Not that an executive order can "destroy" it.) In fact, I think that obvious political stunts like this should invoke taxation, not just the outright endorsement of candidates from the pulpit. This is not some kind of moral statement, this is politics, pure and simple. If it was some kind of statement based on moral "outrage," then the entire 8 years that this was going on during the Obama administration would have drawn a similar protest. But what did we get? Crickets.
    LOL, maybe they are protesting Bill Clinton signing the legislation in question?

Either way, the Johnson amendment explicitly applies to "campaigns" of "candidates". Nothing like this. Churches are completely free to criticize legislation and governmental action, they just can't support/oppose candidates

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana

Between this, a secret service agent being assaulted, and people getting harassed at restaurants for there political affiliation this **** is getting out of hand. How we stop it I don't know.

Imagine this, you're an illegal immigrant and don't want to be separated from your kid how about you take your kid with you back to your ****hole country... problem solved.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Between this, a secret service agent being assaulted, and people getting harassed at restaurants for there political affiliation this **** is getting out of hand. How we stop it I don't know.

Imagine this, you're an illegal immigrant and don't want to be separated from your kid how about you take your kid with you back to your ****hole country... problem solved.

And what if you aren't an illegal immigrant, who comes to the United States, legally, through a port of entry seeking asylum, and your children are taken from you and shipped off a thousand miles away to a place that you have idea?

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    xnC2e6E.png

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    And what if you aren't an illegal immigrant, who comes to the United States, legally, through a port of entry seeking asylum, and your children are taken from you and shipped off a thousand miles away to a place that you have idea?

What does this imaginary scenario have to do with anything?

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    9rh Circuit did this

Have you read the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals decision extending Flores to ALL MINORS DETAINED by ICE? Accompanied or not, the children cannot be detained, with or without their parents, past 20 days. Period. Full stop.

Please, tell me how the Trump administration can comply with this COURT ORDER, which is now the unlegislated law of the land, other than either separating the family or releasing the whole family into the interior, turning the kids into "get out of jail (or pre-asylum detention) free cards"?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I thought little elian Gonzalez should have been able to stay too but bill Clinton and his gorilla AG said no, so

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I thought little elian Gonzalez should have been able to stay too but bill Clinton and his gorilla AG said no, so

I absolutely disagree. Elian had a mother, and a father. They shared custody. Elian's bat***t crazy mom risked her kid's life (losing hers in the process) to get to Florida. Elian was with relatives he had no knowledge of, and his father wanted him back. This situation, IMO, goes beyond a spat between two nations, and is a question of parental rights. Just because you don't like the govt a child lives under, doesn't mean your nation's government can supersede a surviving parent's rights.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Yeah, that's crazy. I doubt hose Thai kids are being forced to give up DNA, and I don't think that their parents were deported, and forced to leave their kids in the nation they were deported from.

Yeah its horrible we're taking those poor kids Dna to make sure they are really with their parents/guardians instead of some sex trafficking ring, which by the way IS why they are taking Dna, that and to help reunite children sent here by their parents with human smugglers. Out of 12k children, 10k come here without their parents. Parents are seperating themselves from their Kidd. So you can stop with the CNN, Abc, Cbs, Nbc lies. Lets not let facts stand in the way though! Keep pushing the lies, you're awfully good at it.

https://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/a...7171&aliaspath=/Manage/Articles/Template-Main

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Yeah its horrible we're taking those poor kids Dna to make sure they are really with their parents/guardians instead of some sex trafficking ring, which by the way IS why they are taking Dna, that and to help reunite children sent here by their parents with human smugglers. Out of 12k children, 10k come here without their parents. Parents are seperating themselves from their Kidd. So you can stop with the CNN, Abc, Cbs, Nbc lies. Lets not let facts stand in the way though! Keep pushing the lies, you're awfully good at it.

https://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/a...7171&aliaspath=/Manage/Articles/Template-Main
    If only there was a reason for the authorities to do DNA testing. As if there was a previous mistake that put vulnerable individuals at risk of harm...

Zbb5qn9.jpg

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

You think the mass taking of DNA from children is meant to make sure the adults that accompanying the children are their parents? Besides the obvious flaw in that logic, if one believe that adoptions and step-parents exist south of the border, it seems more probable that this being done, because this administration didn't keep very good records, and had no working plan to identify and reunite these kids with their parents/guardians.

Also, it sets a precedent that may have future consequences for American citizens. I personally don't believe that the DNA taken from these persons will ever be discarded. If the litmus test is "to make sure," what is to prevent such a thing from evolving in the United States, just to make sure? Now, there is an argument to be made, that people that have committed the crime of illegally crossing the border, and have been separated from their parents must give their DNA... but there are plenty of people, who went through the legal method, presenting themselves at a port of entry for asylum, and were separated from their children too. So it begs the question, "where does this end?" If the government can compel the law-abiding to submit their DNA "just to be sure," why is it improbable to believe that they would not attempt, at some point, to take it much, much further. I personally don't trust the govt that much.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    You think the mass taking of DNA from children is meant to make sure the adults that accompanying the children are their parents? Besides the obvious flaw in that logic, if one believe that adoptions and step-parents exist south of the border, it seems more probable that this being done, because this administration didn't keep very good records, and had no working plan to identify and reunite these kids with their parents/guardians.

Also, it sets a precedent that may have future consequences for American citizens. I personally don't believe that the DNA taken from these persons will ever be discarded. If the litmus test is "to make sure," what is to prevent such a thing from evolving in the United States, just to make sure? Now, there is an argument to be made, that people that have committed the crime of illegally crossing the border, and have been separated from their parents must give their DNA... but there are plenty of people, who went through the legal method, presenting themselves at a port of entry for asylum, and were separated from their children too. So it begs the question, "where does this end?" If the government can compel the law-abiding to submit their DNA "just to be sure," why is it improbable to believe that they would not attempt, at some point, to take it much, much further. I personally don't trust the govt that much.

And if you think the government isnt already doing this, you have way to much trust in our government! They're already doing via just being charged with a felony in many states. I wouldnt be surprised one bit if the companies like Ancestry.com are in cahoots with the gov. Wouldn't be surprised one bit that the first blood test every baby born gets isn't put on file as well. But to think this is Trumps fault is nothing short of idiotic.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I absolutely disagree. Elian had a mother, and a father. They shared custody. Elian's bat***t crazy mom risked her kid's life (losing hers in the process) to get to Florida. Elian was with relatives he had no knowledge of, and his father wanted him back. This situation, IMO, goes beyond a spat between two nations, and is a question of parental rights. Just because you don't like the govt a child lives under, doesn't mean your nation's government can supersede a surviving parent's rights.
    Ok I didbt know the mother was dead. Or didnt remember that part. I was younger when this happened so its been a while.
    I totally agree then if that's the case. As long as the father wasnt a proven danger to him then father gets kid.

Top Bottom