• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The libs don't want the wall because it cannot readily be undone. It will be a major thing to undo the security associated with the wall and very noticeable.

The libs hate the wall because it will show the whole country how much better we can be with ONLY legal immigration vs the open borders we have now. They know they'll never get back peddled from there...

I’m all for enforcing immigration laws and screening people entering into the US, and making sure the people here are here legally to the extent practical. I’m also for streamlining the immigration process to make it easier to immigrate so maybe many of these people can go through the front gate.

Wall/no wall. I really don’t care. It’s not a magical forcefield that keeps the purity of the US intact. People think it’s going to be like some giant prophylactic. That’s pretty expensive rubber.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    No magic involved. The wall with solid security WILL solve the problem.

A lot of the reason we have a problem is that the world knows our border is open. Close it and that will change.

Along with holding Mexico accountable for their part of this mess, we will make them clear that they will pay for these problems in trade, if not fixed.
    You are talking about a fraction of our border, not the whole border. What about all of that coastline? California and the Gulf States have a lot of unsecured coastline.

A wall may take a bite out of illegal entry, but it will not be the end of it.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Nope. Makes it easier for the border patrol to monitor though.
    If they have to stop to spend time to go over etc they are much easier to spot and stop.
    Also, building costs are going to stop at some point.

Why put a fence around your garden patch, the rabbits will still get in, not as many but might as well take down the fence.
    I don't have a fence around my garden, cats and dogs keep rabbits away. :):

The claim was not that a wall makes it harder. It was that it would stop all illegal entry.
    The libs hate the wall because it will show the whole country how much better we can be with ONLY legal immigration vs the open borders we have now.
    That is what I was questioning.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I find it interesting

If the linked article is correct, and Trump marks those 2500 'return to sender' the mob may form up with specific targets in Iran.gov.

Now that you added to your post, I will follow up with not taking such a statement as gospel but also considering that it may well be absolutely true and spoken in heart-felt outrage. After all, it seems to represent more of a problem for the sitting Iranian government than for a former U.S. president who is now nothing but an annoying private citizen.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

[video=youtube;ert9zlCx21E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ert9zlCx21E[/video]

Merlin_14537373.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    At least they've identified themselves. We're talking about deputy director stuff so I'd say they should probably be invited to leave. Not that I'm totally on board with Trump's actions WRT immigration. But we need a border security agency, albeit less intrusive to citizens. They can get ****ed with their inland check points.

I can't help but think of Scott Pruitt, who called for the elimination of the EPA.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I can't help but think of Scott Pruitt, who called for the elimination of the EPA.

I'm totally good with eliminating EPA. Also Education department. Carter made it cabinet level in '79 because we were falling behind vs other countries. It's only gotten worse since then. Nuke it. There are a few other cabinet level departments that should be axed. Homeland security should be restructured and eliminate some needless crap.

Top Bottom