• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I see a lot of people quoting Leviticus 19:34 on the old Facebook, but no one quoting Exodus 23:31-33.

How could God have told the Israelites what their borders are and told them to get rid of the people there and to control their borders, and at the same time tell them to treat foreigners in their land justly and as they would treat them the same as one of their own?

Anyone? Anyone?

There is​ an answer (probably more than one) that allows for consistency.

I mean, we're not under the law, but since well-meaning people who seem not to have looked into the situation are going to act like America is a modern day "children of Israel" (which we are not), I'll engage on this fiction.

Justifying your actions with scripture is fine if you're in church. No problem at all with that as long as you're within the law.

Doing so as the AG is pure silliness. There are no requirements to follow scripture in our laws. Quoting scripture doesn't justify anything. And, it's especially silly when there's a really good justification. How about this?

It's the law.

If you don't like the law, work to change it. If you can't change it because enough people disagree in a democratic process, then sit down and STFU. Because the administration started enforcing the law, we finally have the opportunity to fix it, to be able to follow the law humanely.

Cruz's bill seems to be just what is needed. But of course, since there's no provision in Cruz's bill just to let people with children in illegally, Democrats are pissy about it and I'm sure will try to block it.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I don't think that Sessions was wising in using Scripture in that situation. No doubt about that. However, in the end, all he was saying is that people shouldn't do illegal things. Unfortunately, as you pointed out, the way he went about stating the non-controversial position was a distraction.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    DgEnAGuU8AAot9V.jpg:large

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Just trying to get this separating parent from child thing straight, so do something illegal and bad things happen to you? Enforcing a law seems to suddenly be unAmerican. Maybe we should also stop enforcing speed limits?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

What am I missing here? Wasnt Elian Gonzalez returned to his surviving parent in Cuba? And wasn't the Miami community was trying to exploit this kid for anti-Castro reasons? Not to say Castro didn't exploit the kid when he got back to Cuba, but he WAS reunited, as he should've been, with his father.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Science says otherwise. The guy had a DNA test, which indicated Clinton as not being the father. That should have settled it, but in a world where people just absolutely positively have to vilify the people they disagree with, you can't convince otherwise.

When was this Dna test done? Ive never heard that one was done.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013

This was my thinking exactly. So what do the liberals think? Don't arrest that couple for cooking meth...robbing a bank....selling drugs....murder. We would hate to separate them from their children. Does having children make you immune from paying for your crimes? What is the difference?

Top Bottom